Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

crestfallen posted:

Question about the criteria for some legendaries. In order to get some of them, is it that you must be on TVHM, or M4, or both?

Some of this stuff is unclear, I don't think much is locked to M4, maybe something I don't want on the Takedown. Is there anything you're looking for?

Dedicated drops aren't affected by either fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I now have like 9 Golden Rules after finishing the DLC. Pretty Boy dropped four of them.

Yknow, in case anyone needs one

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

crestfallen posted:

Question about the criteria for some legendaries. In order to get some of them, is it that you must be on TVHM, or M4, or both?

There are some weapons that can only be obtained on mayhem 4. You don't need to do TVHM for anything (unless you want quest rewards at max level).

If you're looking for something specific, this dude does pretty good videos of how to get them and if they're any good...his videos are pretty short and sweet, and he isn't annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Joltzdude139/videos

forhorglingrads fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 2, 2020

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Ahh, M4. Perfect. I have a long way to go then, haha. I can do M2 okay but I still probably die more often then I should.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

FYI this spreadsheet has all the Legendary info you need among some other stuff.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fkCwu0zeX1BBGcNEzWGZDr2kQ0IOPSoZQK2FD-zpw1M/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Yes, that’s what I was browsing. I didn’t see a legend or any info about TVHM vs M4. Maybe I just missed it though, that sheet is super busy.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm at the point where I have to really start making tough decisions with my bank space. How do you all handle that? Just get rid of any legendary that's not lvl. 50? I kinda don't want to do that because I might still do a run with the one remaining character I haven't played yet.

Right now my main option is to start getting rid of Terror gear. I thought I'd keep it and try to put together a build with it but it's probably not gonna happen. That stuff is hogging at least 10-20 slots.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I sold all rad weapons except one (for killavolt), everything below lvl 50, it's super easy to replay through in non mayhem mode with random drops so why bother.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's not about difficulty, I mean yea of course I could go through the game using just blues and greens if I wanted to. The legendaries are fun to use though and I enjoy having a selection of them to use as I level a character. I guess what I'll do is cut my Terror stuff by half and my sub-50 stuff by half, that should open up at least 30 slots.

Has anyone put together a standard Terror gear setup that is good? Is any of it really worth keeping?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

crestfallen posted:

Yes, that’s what I was browsing. I didn’t see a legend or any info about TVHM vs M4. Maybe I just missed it though, that sheet is super busy.

All the deep orange/red stuff is M4 only.

Edit: then the check mark column says it's a world drop or not. Descriptions and locations are useful too. Rest is fluff imo.

Mustached Demon fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 2, 2020

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Basebf555 posted:

It's not about difficulty, I mean yea of course I could go through the game using just blues and greens if I wanted to. The legendaries are fun to use though and I enjoy having a selection of them to use as I level a character. I guess what I'll do is cut my Terror stuff by half and my sub-50 stuff by half, that should open up at least 30 slots.

Has anyone put together a standard Terror gear setup that is good? Is any of it really worth keeping?

Amara can be interesting for the "on action skill" Terror stuff because whiffing a phasegrasp counts for it. You can max out your terror on demand really easily and then take full advantage of all the buffs, but the downside is the haunting noises get really obnoxious after a while.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

I'm at the point where I have to really start making tough decisions with my bank space. How do you all handle that? Just get rid of any legendary that's not lvl. 50? I kinda don't want to do that because I might still do a run with the one remaining character I haven't played yet.

Right now my main option is to start getting rid of Terror gear. I thought I'd keep it and try to put together a build with it but it's probably not gonna happen. That stuff is hogging at least 10-20 slots.

Truthfully most legendaries are not that useful without anointments, matching artifacts, and class mods. Rule of thumb is that unless it's an immediate upgrade, something you're specifically looking for, or has an interesting anointment, you won't miss it.

It's actually kind of bugging me a bit that there are a few anointment's which just outstrip every other one. As someone who's put in a lot of time at this point, it feels like the only thing which makes a piece of loot really special in the endgame and can make farming very frustrating compared to BL2.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
It’s more that a lot of legendaries/uniques aren’t that great compared to other legendaries/uniques. I enjoy that good loot is more common, I find that fun. But the trade off is that when they are more easily accessible, it’s easier to compare. It means fewer of them end up as useful from a “my character is powerful” POV. Then you add in anoints.

This is different than many of the guns being fun, which they are. There are a lot of neat gun effects.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Is there any news on the DLC roadmap? I’ve still got a crippling addiction to this series despite - in my opinion - 3 being the weakest of the lot, and I’m really tempted to fuel Randy Pitchford’s coke Medieval Times habit by buying the season pass. I’ve not had much luck with the Maliwan Takedown but I do enjoy the story content. Just wondering if they’ve announced what or how much DLC is coming with the season pass.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Been farming cutsman and managed to snag a fire one off the rare guy then the portajohn gave me a shock one. Shock one has a gun damage after skill anointment!

Welp done with that for a while. Took my new toys for a spin and mopped up a m4 trial in just over 5min.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Do they make brainstormers in any other element but shock?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Niwrad posted:

The name does rather suggest shock-only.

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

Niwrad posted:

Not that I know of but other guns do have ricochet effects like the Redistributor, Lucian's Call, or the XZ41. These are often not as awesome as the ricochet on the brainstormer. I'm still struggling to get a Redistributor from Wotan for my Zane. I think I'll have to suck it up and queue for matchmaking.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Chasiubao posted:

Is there any news on the DLC roadmap? I’ve still got a crippling addiction to this series despite - in my opinion - 3 being the weakest of the lot, and I’m really tempted to fuel Randy Pitchford’s coke Medieval Times habit by buying the season pass. I’ve not had much luck with the Maliwan Takedown but I do enjoy the story content. Just wondering if they’ve announced what or how much DLC is coming with the season pass.

They've said 4 packs, first one came out like 2 weeks ago and they've said all four are going to be comparable in size and scope but the next one probably won't be out for a few months with the others following at a similar cadence. I've only played the DLC that came out for a couple hours at most but impressions seem pretty positive.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
You can also give any gun you use the Brainstormer shock tether with Electric Banjo.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I have foolishly been avoiding the SNTNL skill tree up until now on my first playthrough with Zane.

Jesus Christ it's OP and fun to play.

Am I missing something or will many good grenade mods cause your SNTNL to kill you if you have the "SNTNL occasionally throws grenade" skill?

There's a bunch of incredible room-clearing grenade mods I'd like to use, but can't do so without killing myself on the regular.

Another question, what is generally most recommended for the side skills for SNTNL? I'm currently using the radiation one and the static field. The one that can reset SNTNL's duration sounds like it could be incredible, but I like to fire and forget, so rarely make use of it.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Mr Scumbag posted:

I have foolishly been avoiding the SNTNL skill tree up until now on my first playthrough with Zane.

Jesus Christ it's OP and fun to play.

Am I missing something or will many good grenade mods cause your SNTNL to kill you if you have the "SNTNL occasionally throws grenade" skill?

There's a bunch of incredible room-clearing grenade mods I'd like to use, but can't do so without killing myself on the regular.

Another question, what is generally most recommended for the side skills for SNTNL? I'm currently using the radiation one and the static field. The one that can reset SNTNL's duration sounds like it could be incredible, but I like to fire and forget, so rarely make use of it.

The best non legendary/red text grenades are usually bouncing/splitting trackers since the grenades come out and random and aren't really aimed. Bouncing makes the grenade hit 3 times, splitting gives you 2 grenades. Bullet spray grenades and elemental field(?) ones are also good.

For the drone skills, the radiation one never comes off for me. The other one is usually anything but the airstrike. The missiles from it have a tendency to spiral around your target so you usually have to use it way earlier than you think if you want to reset the drone. Plus there is a skill in the green tree which resets your action skill if you freeze an enemy while at full health and shields, and that same tree gives you a bubble shield that prevents all damage, which makes it much better for resetting the drone.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

crestfallen posted:

Looks like they took off the note, but everything with dark orange (like Good Juju) is M4 only. To my knowledge there's nothing that's TVHM only

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I think Zane is my favorite class now. I've maxed Fl4k and Amara, but playing as Zane is like activating a speedhack and I love it. Move speed, reload speed, ffire rate. It's insane. His versatility is the cherry on top.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

What is Amara’s schtick? How fun is she? I’m pretty much coming to the end of Moze and only have the Slaughters to complete now that I have some halfway decent Legendaries. I found a Siren legendary head so I started Amara up but her powers seem kind of meh.

I almost started Zane instead of Moze originally so maybe I’ll start with him instead.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doctor Zero posted:

What is Amara’s schtick? How fun is she? I’m pretty much coming to the end of Moze and only have the Slaughters to complete now that I have some halfway decent Legendaries. I found a Siren legendary head so I started Amara up but her powers seem kind of meh.

I almost started Zane instead of Moze originally so maybe I’ll start with him instead.

Amara's best stuff imo is her elemental skills. If you enjoy seeing multiple colors of numbers popping off constantly then she's a fun character to play. You get big bonuses to elemental damage and duration, plus a few skills that allow the status effects to jump from one enemy to another, or randomly add a second status effect on top of the one you directly apply with your gun.

Endgame for me was getting legendary Phasezerker mod that maxes out her Rush stacks every time you use the action skill and adds 3% gun damage per stack, and then respeccing more into the Rush tree. But I still have enough going in the elemental tree where the main fun is seeing all the pretty colors.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Phasegrasp is super cathartic to come back to, after playing as other chars. Each char is in their own ways, Amara's is elemental and the ability to pop groups of enemies in one go.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
She’s great at mobbing and IMO has the most versatile and flexible skill set of all the characters.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Hmm. Am I correct in assuming she wants to be in the mobs faces? As Moze that tends to get me killed unless in am in Iron Bear.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doctor Zero posted:

Hmm. Am I correct in assuming she wants to be in the mobs faces? As Moze that tends to get me killed unless in am in Iron Bear.

When you've got extremely damaging status effects constantly popping on everyone around you, getting Second Wind is usually an automatic.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Duping items in this game is incredibly easy (at least on PS4).

Go to your bank, move to your inventory and highlight the item you want to dupe. Double tap or triple or just spam X as fast as you can, which obviously will deposit the item.

Switch over to your bank tab and find the weapon, if done correctly you should have an extra or multiples of that item. The lagging when depositing the items seems to trick itself into simply making copies of that item before it disappears from your inventory.

My friends claimed they also got back old legendaries that they sold in a vending machine.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Amara is also extremely powerful now because of the siren-specific weapon damage after action skill anointments.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

crestfallen posted:

Amara is also extremely powerful now because of the siren-specific weapon damage after action skill anointments.

A build around the driver mod, once you finally find bag one, is fun and satisfying. Except when you do not realize you proc'd turbo-zoom and fly yourself off the nearest cliff.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Mustached Demon posted:

A build around the driver mod, once you finally find bag one, is fun and satisfying.

I'm never going to find it :<

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I never played the BL2 DLC, but did they make Tiny Tina not terrible in those? She sure ain't good in this one.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Black Griffon posted:

I never played the BL2 DLC, but did they make Tiny Tina not terrible in those? She sure ain't good in this one.

The Tiny Tina D&D DLC is the best.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

if you don’t like Tina in the base game you’re not gonna like her in the dlc

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Yeah I seem to remember the TT DLC being mentioned as the best. Maybe she gets better after her introductory mission, I don't know.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The only reason she's tolerable in her DLC is because her character is given some dimension besides monkey-cheese bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I will say this: so many SMGs feel incredibly good in this game.