Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Tev posted:

Santa came!! Thank you very much mysterious British Santa!!

What a haul! Harry Potter cards, blanket, and mug, heck yeah! Chocolates for everyone! A glorious Bee-Pug hybrid pin that my wife may be trying to steal this very moment and let's not forget a whoopee cushion!!!! How come every Santa didn't include a whoopee cushion in their shipment? What were we thinking!? I'm ashamed I didn't include one to my santee, farts are the universal comedic language. Thank you as well for the hand written note and the cuddly gift for my 2 year old, she loves it!

Thanks Santa! Hope you had an amazing holiday!

I wasn't your Santa but I'd just like to welcome you to the Toot-Toot Squad :aliexpress:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Captain Splendid posted:

I wasn't your Santa but I'd just like to welcome you to the Toot-Toot Squad :aliexpress:

I meant to include some :aliexpress: but I found them on the table I wrapped my gifts on a few days ago... so I'm thinking they didn't get packed.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Santa came all over my table!

We didn't have a tree this year, but we might next year and it doesn't seem like the cat can break these ornaments at all. The coffee and honey will definitely see some use.

Thanks Ars Arcanum! And have you tried making the cheese slice itself? It might just need the proper motivation.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

My Santa didn’t reply to any messages and there’s been nothing in the post, so it looks like I won’t be getting anything this year... and the things for my Santee are still in the mail, but I’m certain they’ll be happy with them when they finally arrive!

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Battle Pigeon posted:

My Santa didn’t reply to any messages and there’s been nothing in the post, so it looks like I won’t be getting anything this year... and the things for my Santee are still in the mail, but I’m certain they’ll be happy with them when they finally arrive!

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747
I was a very bad Santa and did not mail any gifts until yesterday because of some weather very unfriendly towards me leaving my house. But, I managed to ship off three very cool items to my Santee today, and I genuinely hope they enjoy them once received!! In other news, I was able to safely walk down to my post office yesterday, and my Santa's gifts arrived!

They got me:

A BUNCH OF STICKERS
Canadian Maple Syrup
Red7 card game
Nestle Coffee Crisp bar
Backpack
Wooden Owl Puzzle
A Blue Turtle Shell from Mario Kart captioned to say, "gently caress You"
And a green frog in a car pin.

THANK YOU SANTA!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Synthetic Dreams posted:

did not mail any gifts until yesterday
:same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiPI5c1KPx4

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

So, it turns out that the marvellous Captain Splendid is my secret Santa, and holey moley they’ve done an incredible job!!

This is what awaited me... more photos incoming!!

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

More pics:

A really cool moon light

A pooping Catalonian log, beer, meat and a game...

And a cool olde map of my hometown with frame too!! Thanks to again to Captain Splendid, who has proven their namesake :)

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I still don't know who my santa is, but I got their massive package today. It was a lot bigger than I ever expected it to be, and there was a lot more in it than I ever thought there would. Thank you so, so much, mystery Santa!

The box was quite heavy and came neatly packed in foam pellets.

After reading a nice letter from Santa expressing his frustrations with my refusal of mail-delivered dildoes, the first thing I found was a very nice, heavy jar of raw honey. I've never had blackberry honey, and I'm very eager to try it out!

The next thing I found was a small Rambo shot glass with a bullet still trapped in it. I never knew glass was this strong, let alone that Santa witnessed Rambo in person to get this shot glass. Amazing.

Next came a pack of clown decorations, presumably so that I could see something of myself in a drink other than my own reflection.

Wrapped in the blue paper came a very nice painted clay statue of a bird! I love it, and will secure it in my display case of other bird figurines and trinkets posthaste.

In the other piece of paper came a little 招き猫 with a glitter coat, and a small luck bringer talisman, of which I used to have one as a kid. I'll definitely enshrine these in the display case as well.

Next came a mysterious integrated circuit plate. There was no description of it in the box, so I went for a quick google after deciphering the chip name. It turns out to be an Arduino Nano, which is very interesting! My father is an electrical engineer, so I think I'll have some fun trying this out and hooking it up to some stuff with him.

Next came a roll of root beer candies, which I'll do a taste test on later. Never had root beer before!

And if that all wasn't enough already, two big boxes remained in the package! The first was a board game promising me telepathic abilities.

And finally, the biggest box unravelled to another board game, though this one tended more towards the natural sciences than the mystical. It immediately reminded me of Space Alert, which I should try with my friends again sometime.
I've actually been thinking about getting more board games just the other week, so this is an amazingly opportune gift!

And that's the whole package! Again, so much more than I ever expected to get and all of it of such high quality!
I'm still a bit shocked that I got all this from a random goon.

Thank you so, so much! If my generous Santa would like to make themselves known, I'd love to send something in return!

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

My santa got me the best gift i received this year. A whole set of palette knives and acrylic paints! Thanks santa! :)

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Fleetwood Crack posted:

That would be cool, but I don’t know if I’ll have the spare £££ to do it again so soon.

It’s still cool to see what other people get, especially when my own Santee posts each year :3:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

My Shoes posted:

My santa got me the best gift i received this year. A whole set of palette knives and acrylic paints! Thanks santa! :)

SSHHOOEESS!!!!!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I meant to include some :aliexpress:...

Synthetic Dreams posted:

THANK YOU SANTA!

Oh hey look at that I did remember to put one in! I had thought I put a card with my username but I either forgot or it was caught under a fold in the box. I'm glad you enjoyed the gifts Synthetic Dreams!

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Pusscat posted:

Merry Christmas! So glad you liked all the bits and what an honour to be your first SASSmas provider. The weird mask keyring is from when I was living out in Mexico, visiting a poo poo load of archaeological sites. The knitted caterpillar...I still have no idea but I like to think of some old lady knitting lots of Christmas bits and then deciding just to throw in some completely random things to confuse people for years to come. We enjoy throwing them on the Christmas tree to see if any visitors spot them. Glad your cat is into Dreamies. Don't leave the packet unattended; I once made this mistake and came downstairs to find shredded plastic everywhere and just a few crumbs remaining.

You did a wonderful job, thank you :) that’s super interesting about the mask key ring, I actually studied archaeology, didn’t get the chance to go abroad to see any sights away from here so I’d be really interested to hear about that! PM me if you don’t mind sharing, I love archaeological stuff so it would be neat to hear about it as well as giving more history to the key ring. Oh my cat had already ravaged a pack of dreamies I’ve left unattended, I won’t make that mistake again. She’s had a nice new year pinch tonight:)

Ed: Aww dang no pms, well reply with archaeology if you see this!

TODD BONZALEZ fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 31, 2019

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

JointHorse posted:

Heyyy glad you like them!
Yeah, I forgot to actually put my username somewhere, so I'll do it this way instead :v:
Someone mentioned waaay back that the chocolate in USA tastes different, so I've been sending a selection of Finnish chocolate since then. And of course I have to send salmiak: it's great for tormenting your friends with, or you might find a new thing you like.

Well thank you in particular then! It turns out my friend really likes salmiak so I will be jealously guarding them from him while I finish acclimating.
I quite like how intense they are since otherwise I tend to just eat everything. Sort of like drinking bitters in pill form.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Shinmera posted:

I still don't know who my santa is, but I got their massive package today. It was a lot bigger than I ever expected it to be, and there was a lot more in it than I ever thought there would. Thank you so, so much, mystery Santa!

The box was quite heavy and came neatly packed in foam pellets.

After reading a nice letter from Santa expressing his frustrations with my refusal of mail-delivered dildoes, the first thing I found was a very nice, heavy jar of raw honey. I've never had blackberry honey, and I'm very eager to try it out!

The next thing I found was a small Rambo shot glass with a bullet still trapped in it. I never knew glass was this strong, let alone that Santa witnessed Rambo in person to get this shot glass. Amazing.

Next came a pack of clown decorations, presumably so that I could see something of myself in a drink other than my own reflection.

Wrapped in the blue paper came a very nice painted clay statue of a bird! I love it, and will secure it in my display case of other bird figurines and trinkets posthaste.

In the other piece of paper came a little 招き猫 with a glitter coat, and a small luck bringer talisman, of which I used to have one as a kid. I'll definitely enshrine these in the display case as well.

Next came a mysterious integrated circuit plate. There was no description of it in the box, so I went for a quick google after deciphering the chip name. It turns out to be an Arduino Nano, which is very interesting! My father is an electrical engineer, so I think I'll have some fun trying this out and hooking it up to some stuff with him.

Next came a roll of root beer candies, which I'll do a taste test on later. Never had root beer before!

And if that all wasn't enough already, two big boxes remained in the package! The first was a board game promising me telepathic abilities.

And finally, the biggest box unravelled to another board game, though this one tended more towards the natural sciences than the mystical. It immediately reminded me of Space Alert, which I should try with my friends again sometime.
I've actually been thinking about getting more board games just the other week, so this is an amazingly opportune gift!

And that's the whole package! Again, so much more than I ever expected to get and all of it of such high quality!
I'm still a bit shocked that I got all this from a random goon.

Thank you so, so much! If my generous Santa would like to make themselves known, I'd love to send something in return!

Perhaps that orange tape isn't as Iconic :sparkles: as I thought :eng99:

I'm delighted you'll find use for the Arduino! That was very much a shot in the dark. I'll give you my return address through the site, but really, you don't owe me anything. I am curious about how you find those games though, I'm always on the lookout for good new ones to introduce to my collection.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Battle Pigeon posted:

That would be cool, but I don’t know if I’ll have the spare £££ to do it again so soon.

It’s still cool to see what other people get, especially when my own Santee posts each year :3:
I'm not sure how reSASS works, but my limited understanding was that Santees and Santa's sign up separately so the people who got snubbed in the first round wouldn't have to spend twice to receive once. How they'd handle a different number of santas vs santees is beyond me though.

Can anyone shed some light on this??

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I believe some people just have lots of love in their hearts (and money in their wallets).

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Just love

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Yayyy at long last the parcel I posted on December 12 finally arrived with my Santee. Hope they enjoy.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Battle Pigeon posted:

I’ve had to resass before and you aren’t financially obligated unless you volunteer to be a second Santa. You’re just receiving since you already did your part.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
The package for my santee is STILL not delivered, yet it was out of customs on the 20th. Hurry up, Canada!

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
I sent my package right before Christmas, hoping it's doing alright. I lost the dang tracking info :ohdear:

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010

karms posted:

The package for my santee is STILL not delivered, yet it was out of customs on the 20th. Hurry up, Canada!

Being Canadian and often tracking parcels on their way to me I feel very certain in my opinion that our border patrol is in fact manned entirely by giant chickens that sit on all parcels as though they were eggs full of terrorists. And then when a sufficient amount of time has passed to prove the terrorist eggs are duds only THEN do they release parcels. It's the only explanation because otherwise by now they would have hired more people or something to make the process more efficient. I mean we can be a ridiculous country sometimes so either things can be plausible.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
What is this? A Christmas Gift from the land of MAgic and tulips!

Shall we peek Inside?

A Special Note from WindowLiquor!, our Dutch Santa!!

And more instructions??

Oh god, a Be

Yo, literally a "B" for Blarzgh!

So we set the babies to work, unwrapping everything in a professional, and workmanlike manner:

And inside we discovered a treasure trove of treats and toys!

WindowLiqour sent us:
- These little lemon candy looking things
- These little gingerbread tasties, and then ones called "Apple Pie" that have a strong apple cider kinda coating, and they're like little tiny cookies and they are loving amazing
- "Strupwaffle?" and its these waffle cookies with a syrup in the middle and they're loving crack cocaine I'm gonna die tell my loved ones I'm sorry I couldn't be with them longer but these cookies are too good
- A Chocolate B!
- An awesome awesome visitors guide to Utrecht, a city that was founded almost 2,000 years ago! So neat!
- A helpful guide to "The Dutch", including a whole section on their toilets which I read with great interest
- A Puzzle for Thing I that she immediately got to work on
- A Chewie Rattle for Thing II that she immediately got to slobbering on!

All in all, just a fantastic Secret Santa! Thank you so much for the amazing treats, and awesome books and toys. Your the Best, WindowLiqour!

However, I will need to file a complaint with Tiaz concerning the fact that our wonderful santa has given me diabetes.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
A very concerned VirusWithShoes' package arrived at last, and it is way way more than I deserve!

Bees

Whisky! Snacks! Stars! Bees! Whisky! Book!

And... the greatest christmas card in forums history!

Absolutely amazing!

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Edit: I have a horrible feeling I messed up with the images. My links don't look like everyone else's (little icon next to the url) :ohdear:

Okay! I'm so very late in posting but I've been late on everything this season so whatevs.

Christmas Eve a package from SWITZERLAND arrived at my door! And like a good little goon I waited until Christmas Day to open it.

Group photo:
https://imgur.com/F50DwuP

First! Postcard from the lovely HamsonBunce of their lovely country. Lovely.

Second!! A mini fondue kit! Yeeeessssssss. I love fondue!
https://imgur.com/LAZcSRH

Next! A desk calendar that I will put in my work cube to remind me that there's land and sun and water and beautiful nature outside. Somewhere. It'll come in handy when I'm sitting at 100+ degrees and everything has dried up and died.
https://imgur.com/VYRxIfs

And! HAHAHA! A legit Swiss Army Knife! So I can cut my cheese (or shank anyone who messes with my cheese).
https://imgur.com/y3rF2lv

Then! I can dig for dinos without having to go outside! Outside is for suckers!
https://imgur.com/7PfUyhh

And after that! LEGO Santa!!!! He can do anything! Even unassembled in the box he was delivering! (I'm really bad at these jokes).
https://imgur.com/2W2Agj7

Then some more! Ahhhhh, chocolate! A little something to christen the fondue set with!
https://imgur.com/ySz3r9Q

And another thing! Little stocking with so many treats!
https://imgur.com/oWDE7rP

But wait, there's more! Eeeeeee! this is an adorable magnet! My two loves: liquor and flaming hot cheese!
https://imgur.com/2xQ4OiZ

And last but not least, the all important liquor!
https://imgur.com/uwYRJix
https://imgur.com/qHiXIg9

I have apparently been a good little goon this past year! Thank you so very much HamsonBunce for making my season bright! :D

topenga fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 2, 2020

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

a box came today for me!! all the way from the west coast - oregon!!

b is not as excited as i am about it

inside is about 10,000 christmases worth of treats made by mrs literally a person. ive sampled already and these are bomb!! im going to eat myself sick on these chocolate marshmallow motherfuckers!! please tell your wife that literally a person, someone halfway across the country has eaten herself sick on your wife's treats.

DOODADS!!

and this!?

according to the note (and somewhat nsfw possibly blasphemous card) these are handmade from a tree in literally a person's own oregon backyard!! i dont know what i was expecting but i definitely wasn't expecting something so cool and...with so much personal effort expended?? and i thought for sure there couldn't be anything cooler.........................and then..................

REAL ACTUAL HORSE BRIDLE!? did you go to like the horse store and buy this?? did you have one just lying around?? is it stolen?? fwiw i live in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment in minneapolis i do not have a horse, i have never had a horse and i probably will never have a horse. i also don't know anybody personally that has a horse. HOWEVER i do think they're neat (and it's sort of a inside joke with my friends that they always get me little horse figures and knick knacks to display but never has anyone given me anything like this) and this is (not hyperbole) probs the best gift i have ever received from anybody, ever, secret santa or not i am just so delighted. b for scale in pic but i already hung it on my wall. i wanna put a spotlight and a wreath of flowers on this bitch. wanna shower the wall behind it in glitter. amazing. amazing!! idk about anything fetish related tho seems like somebody might get hurt or like break their teeth it's very sturdy..how do real horses not break their teeth all the time biting on these?? i always thought they were made of like...rubber. so this is educational for me.

ANYWAY thank you so much literally a person for making my first SASS so perfect!! i almost want to put everything back in the box and seal it back up just so i can experience it again a second time except b finally warmed up to it so i hope you didnt want the box back

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

meat glitter posted:

a box came today for me!! all the way from the west coast - oregon!!

b is not as excited as i am about it

inside is about 10,000 christmases worth of treats made by mrs literally a person. ive sampled already and these are bomb!! im going to eat myself sick on these chocolate marshmallow motherfuckers!! please tell your wife that literally a person, someone halfway across the country has eaten herself sick on your wife's treats.

DOODADS!!

and this!?

according to the note (and somewhat nsfw possibly blasphemous card) these are handmade from a tree in literally a person's own oregon backyard!! i dont know what i was expecting but i definitely wasn't expecting something so cool and...with so much personal effort expended?? and i thought for sure there couldn't be anything cooler.........................and then..................

REAL ACTUAL HORSE BRIDLE!? did you go to like the horse store and buy this?? did you have one just lying around?? is it stolen?? fwiw i live in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment in minneapolis i do not have a horse, i have never had a horse and i probably will never have a horse. i also don't know anybody personally that has a horse. HOWEVER i do think they're neat (and it's sort of a inside joke with my friends that they always get me little horse figures and knick knacks to display but never has anyone given me anything like this) and this is (not hyperbole) probs the best gift i have ever received from anybody, ever, secret santa or not i am just so delighted. b for scale in pic but i already hung it on my wall. i wanna put a spotlight and a wreath of flowers on this bitch. wanna shower the wall behind it in glitter. amazing. amazing!! idk about anything fetish related tho seems like somebody might get hurt or like break their teeth it's very sturdy..how do real horses not break their teeth all the time biting on these?? i always thought they were made of like...rubber. so this is educational for me.

ANYWAY thank you so much literally a person for making my first SASS so perfect!! i almost want to put everything back in the box and seal it back up just so i can experience it again a second time except b finally warmed up to it so i hope you didnt want the box back

I'm so happy you liked it! Finding that bridle was like divine sassmas intervention. It was at a thrift shop for some reason??? Also, horses don't have back teeth so the bit actually fits behind their chompers! Merry Sassmas, Meat Glitter!

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Well hello there, unrequited childhood! Thank you, mystery Santa!

I wished for Mega Man X2 every year since the opening the first one way back when and never got it. Now I can actually put my sick leave to productive use going through the whole series.

I couldn't get the cat to actually sit still with the package. She was hanging around in two-second intervals during the opening, but kept getting distracted and running off.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

The Soldier who retrieved my package warned of ominous buzzing.

SASS has arrived. Will post pics later after I get back home.

EDIT: SASSMass has arrived!

So nicely wrapped!

And inside:

A list because my phone camera and lighting:

- an 18 pack of Jaffa Cakes!
- Cadbury caramel bar and snowballs!
- My very own Ghost! Fear me for I am now an immortal space wizard!
- A book about mysterious tapes by the lead singer of the Mountain Goats!
- A DBZ mug that shows Buu getting annihilated via Spirit Ball with my wife's hot cocoa or tea!

Huge, huge thanks to Astroduck for the wonderful gifts!

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 3, 2020

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
Second Christmas arrived today :)

https://imgur.com/gallery/PeKUhUe

Enjoy the many photos, especially the super grateful puppies!

And I wondered if it was Santa Karms, and it was! You sir made a sick girl's day, thank you so much!!!

This was my fourth SASS it turns out and I have been so incredibly lucky every year so far to get I do believe some of the finest Santas SA has to offer. Merry late Christmas to all and to all an epi-pen to help you survive the bees :)

HamsonBunce
Aug 28, 2011

topenga posted:

I have apparently been a good little goon this past year! Thank you so very much HamsonBunce for making my season bright! :D

Your'e very welcome, topenga! I'm sure you will put everything (especially the liquor) to good use!

I have received my presents as well, on New Year's Eve (sorry for the late posting).

A package arrived, covered inside and outside with stickers. I have a feeling it's coming from Chicago!

There was a card inside, and many little presents:

Unwrapped; every presents had a handwritten note to go with it! Everything had to do with the city of Chicago. There were some stickers and a pizza cloth patch, a magnet, coasters, handmade soap, ImpeachMints (I share the message that goes along with that one), handmade soap, a can cooler, and some really nice gourmet popcorn (which we already ate).

Thank you so much, nashona, for the generous present and the history lesson!

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

evobatman posted:

A very concerned VirusWithShoes' package arrived at last, and it is way way more than I deserve!

Bees

Whisky! Snacks! Stars! Bees! Whisky! Book!

And... the greatest christmas card in forums history!

Absolutely amazing!

You’re welcome :woop:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

My Santa apologized for being late/sick/lazy and sent me an Amazon gift card to make up for it until they can get to the post office.

Santa told me to buy something useless, but I bought a larger SD card for my Switch instead. :colbert:

Anyway, THANKS SANTA!

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

femcastra posted:

Yayyy at long last the parcel I posted on December 12 finally arrived with my Santee. Hope they enjoy.

At LONG LAST, after a hectic few days of back and forthing with relatives, I arrived home to find a suspiciously goony bubble mailer waiting for me.

I tried to take some unboxing pics but the box smelled way way too much like food for the dog to allow that. Such innocent faces, though.

So instead may I present A Tableau of Snacks and Scrote:

Firstly, WINE! I am a wine nerd in a family of wine nerds and have never had a NSW cab sav so this exciting as hell.

Along with the wine, a series of goony delights: local honey! Four flavours of nut!

Not pictured because I didn't realise it fell over is a bar of cocoa butter soap which smells incredible. The wrapping on the honey is also a BEE SCRUNCHIE!

And last but not least... Two separate taxidermied kangaroo scrotums. Because why stop at one.

Thanks, Femcastra! Everyone in my household is fondling your balls!

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Slightly Used Cake posted:

Second Christmas arrived today :)

https://imgur.com/gallery/PeKUhUe

Enjoy the many photos, especially the super grateful puppies!

And I wondered if it was Santa Karms, and it was! You sir made a sick girl's day, thank you so much!!!

This was my fourth SASS it turns out and I have been so incredibly lucky every year so far to get I do believe some of the finest Santas SA has to offer. Merry late Christmas to all and to all an epi-pen to help you survive the bees :)

It took 9 days of shipping to get it across a huge ocean, yet 13 for the delivery. Madness!

I'm so glad you liked it! After going through all the gifts It might be a bit more sinterklaas-y than christmassy than I wanted. :doh:
Anyway, I realized after sending the package I did not provide an explanation in the box, so here it is instead:

Cecil made it! My boy, my beautiful boy!

You liked tea, so I got you some. :)

It was difficult to find any christmas/bee/:geert: themed dog stuff, too difficult in fact, so I defaulted to ~random things~. I've never met a dog that does not go berserk for those strips so I figured it makes up for that.

I tried to find them in your size.

Another Dutch thing. A decorative plate is super cheezy, but I love it just the same. I'm so happy you like 'em too! They were a thrift shop find (along with the clogs, tins, spoon, cd, and dvd). I love that thrift shop.

Advocaat flavored Toffee candy. Advocaat is a dutch dairy based alcoholic beverage. (Not unlike eggnogg? Never had eggnog.) I don't think you can find this flavor anywhere else.

What's better than a bar of chocolate? How about 100% slave free chocolate! Which brings us to...

.. this fucken thing. This is not a Dutch christmas chocolate but a sinterklaas chocolate picturing a jovial black pete. Well it was, until it crossed the borders. Now it's a hate crime. You're welcome!

Now sinterklaas and christmas are two different things, but seeing as this is somewhat of a cultural exchange I added a few sinterklaas stuff.

That's a plastic container trying to masquerade as a burlap sack, the traditional way gifts for the kids come in during sinterklaas. The real one is also slightly bigger.

THE quintessential cookie of sinterklaas: the kruidnoten!

The other quintessential cookie of sinterklaas: speculaas! You might recognize these as cookie butter; this is the cookie they, uh, buttered.

These used to hold a specific candy called Babbelaars. These are hard butter-flavored candy but, sadly, they did not survive the decades. Those kids are probably grandparents by now.

Ah, the good stuff. This is licorice. Good licorice. Not that strange gummy stuff North America thinks licorice is. No wonder you people hate it, you never had the real poo poo. I've ordered these by weight class: dubbeldekkers are easy, griotten medium, and kokindjes for a real challenge. Kokindjes are my favorite and I can eat a whole bag without stopping, and that's mostly because I can't stop. I require feedback on how well you did. And hey; maybe you'll really like them! You never know. A great thing to experience with friends!

Remember when you fight the final boss in an rpg, but then a second, bigger boss arrives and you have to fight them too? This is that. This is my favorite favorite, forget about kokindjes. The nordics in this thread will understand.

This is a cute spoon with a depiction of paleis Soestdijk, the palace of the royal family. They have a few, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igcE3LUqjzI

Doesn't this face immediately make you want to party? I sure do! Sugar Lee Hooper has a megafone for a voicebox and the outfit to match. "Oh wat ben je mooi" Was one of my favorites as a child and still bangs today. 🎶 Oh! What bin juh moi!

Saved the worst for last. Did you know that every year these pieten get in to all kinds of problems before sinterklaas? And they create a tv show around this? And have spin off straight-to-dvd escapades? I did not. And I wish I didn't. I'm serious, this is probably the worst "movie" you will ever see. I suggest a few friends and a lot of alcohol. This is triple hate-crime.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Anomalous Blowout posted:

At LONG LAST, after a hectic few days of back and forthing with relatives, I arrived home to find a suspiciously goony bubble mailer waiting for me.

I tried to take some unboxing pics but the box smelled way way too much like food for the dog to allow that. Such innocent faces, though.

So instead may I present A Tableau of Snacks and Scrote:

Firstly, WINE! I am a wine nerd in a family of wine nerds and have never had a NSW cab sav so this exciting as hell.

Along with the wine, a series of goony delights: local honey! Four flavours of nut!

Not pictured because I didn't realise it fell over is a bar of cocoa butter soap which smells incredible. The wrapping on the honey is also a BEE SCRUNCHIE!

And last but not least... Two separate taxidermied kangaroo scrotums. Because why stop at one.

Thanks, Femcastra! Everyone in my household is fondling your balls!

Merry Christmas!! What a gorgeous backdrop for the photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

karms posted:

It took 9 days of shipping to get it across a huge ocean, yet 13 for the delivery. Madness!

I'm so glad you liked it! After going through all the gifts It might be a bit more sinterklaas-y than christmassy than I wanted. :doh:
Anyway, I realized after sending the package I did not provide an explanation in the box, so here it is instead:

Cecil made it! My boy, my beautiful boy!

You liked tea, so I got you some. :)

It was difficult to find any christmas/bee/:geert: themed dog stuff, too difficult in fact, so I defaulted to ~random things~. I've never met a dog that does not go berserk for those strips so I figured it makes up for that.

I tried to find them in your size.

Another Dutch thing. A decorative plate is super cheezy, but I love it just the same. I'm so happy you like 'em too! They were a thrift shop find (along with the clogs, tins, spoon, cd, and dvd). I love that thrift shop.

Advocaat flavored Toffee candy. Advocaat is a dutch dairy based alcoholic beverage. (Not unlike eggnogg? Never had eggnog.) I don't think you can find this flavor anywhere else.

What's better than a bar of chocolate? How about 100% slave free chocolate! Which brings us to...

.. this fucken thing. This is not a Dutch christmas chocolate but a sinterklaas chocolate picturing a jovial black pete. Well it was, until it crossed the borders. Now it's a hate crime. You're welcome!

Now sinterklaas and christmas are two different things, but seeing as this is somewhat of a cultural exchange I added a few sinterklaas stuff.

That's a plastic container trying to masquerade as a burlap sack, the traditional way gifts for the kids come in during sinterklaas. The real one is also slightly bigger.

THE quintessential cookie of sinterklaas: the kruidnoten!

The other quintessential cookie of sinterklaas: speculaas! You might recognize these as cookie butter; this is the cookie they, uh, buttered.

These used to hold a specific candy called Babbelaars. These are hard butter-flavored candy but, sadly, they did not survive the decades. Those kids are probably grandparents by now.

Ah, the good stuff. This is licorice. Good licorice. Not that strange gummy stuff North America thinks licorice is. No wonder you people hate it, you never had the real poo poo. I've ordered these by weight class: dubbeldekkers are easy, griotten medium, and kokindjes for a real challenge. Kokindjes are my favorite and I can eat a whole bag without stopping, and that's mostly because I can't stop. I require feedback on how well you did. And hey; maybe you'll really like them! You never know. A great thing to experience with friends!

Remember when you fight the final boss in an rpg, but then a second, bigger boss arrives and you have to fight them too? This is that. This is my favorite favorite, forget about kokindjes. The nordics in this thread will understand.

This is a cute spoon with a depiction of paleis Soestdijk, the palace of the royal family. They have a few, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igcE3LUqjzI

Doesn't this face immediately make you want to party? I sure do! Sugar Lee Hooper has a megafone for a voicebox and the outfit to match. "Oh wat ben je mooi" Was one of my favorites as a child and still bangs today. 🎶 Oh! What bin juh moi!

Saved the worst for last. Did you know that every year these pieten get in to all kinds of problems before sinterklaas? And they create a tv show around this? And have spin off straight-to-dvd escapades? I did not. And I wish I didn't. I'm serious, this is probably the worst "movie" you will ever see. I suggest a few friends and a lot of alcohol. This is triple hate-crime.

heckin bee my santa in 2020 plz