Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Also a lot of jurisdictions forbid having a pharmacy behind a membership so you can get prescriptions filled at costco even if you’re not a member.

People here probably already know that I just thought it was interesting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
A delicious no cook meal

The cheese board and smoked salmon sampler were huge hits.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Anybody have any comforter/sheets recommendations? I need a new set for our bed and they always seem to have a nice selection of high thread count sheets and down alternative comforters. Worth the price?

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
Unsure if it's been noted, but the cheesy pull apart bread is seasonal and gone. :( Chances are high it'll be back based on what an employee told me.

I am sad.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Noslo posted:

Do you know how much you saw that for? Those things are a hot commodity in my office.

Like, coworkers have had falling outs over who called dibs first when someone quits. A few people even used part of their christmas bonus even to buy one for themselves.

They were $299 last time I saw them. The sale I saw, they were $199

Still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
My fav Costco thing that my mom used to get in the 90s that they no longer have is the chocolate muffins in the bakery department that have, like, veins of liquid/gooey caramel running through them. Anyone else remember them? Do any Costco’s still have these morsels of deliciousness?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

OldSenileGuy posted:

My fav Costco thing that my mom used to get in the 90s that they no longer have is the chocolate muffins in the bakery department that have, like, veins of liquid/gooey caramel running through them. Anyone else remember them? Do any Costco’s still have these morsels of deliciousness?

They still have them in Seattle.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

Were those the muffins that had the gigantically fat butts? Like they don't have muffin tops per se just go straight down to a flat circle the width of the entire muffin.

Those are still around here (Vancouver BC area) but I haven't looked to see if they have the caramel ones, I remember those too, drat good.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

binge crotching posted:

They still have them in Seattle.

With caramel? I've never seen a chocolate muffin with caramel at any Seattle area Costco's, but I guess I don't go to the only one in the city limits of you're being super literal.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

topenga posted:

Unsure if it's been noted, but the cheesy pull apart bread is seasonal and gone. :( Chances are high it'll be back based on what an employee told me.

I am sad.

n...n...nooo

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Bloodplay it again posted:

Even if the Bitchin Sauce is watered down now, I am happy to have it in Michigan. Picked up some kimchi fried rice because I haven't seen it before. We finally got the frozen ramen in November and it has been my go-to lazy lunch so maybe the fried rice can dethrone it.

PBUC

Which one in Michigan? Been looking for this stuff for months because of this thread.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Good news! All the Michigan Costcos have bitchin sauce!

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Are the Premier protein shakes good?

I've been eating hard boiled eggs for breakfast for a while now and am getting burned out on them. I used to drink Carnation Instant Breakfast but the pint of milk each morning started giving me gastrointestinal misery.

These seem like a decent substitute. Gonna swing by Church tonight and pick up a couple things and the shakes went on sale so I thought I'd give them a go.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

No Butt Stuff posted:

Kansas City Costcos don't have the sauce. I've looked. Often.

It makes me sad.

The one at 119th in OP has it. I just saw it last night.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WescottF1 posted:

Are the Premier protein shakes good?

I've been eating hard boiled eggs for breakfast for a while now and am getting burned out on them. I used to drink Carnation Instant Breakfast but the pint of milk each morning started giving me gastrointestinal misery.

These seem like a decent substitute. Gonna swing by Church tonight and pick up a couple things and the shakes went on sale so I thought I'd give them a go.

In my opinion they are the best pre-made protein shakes I've ever had. I have no idea how they can taste decent while having 30g of protein. More protein than Optimum Nutrition which used to be the gold standard.

Also they are $7 off starting yesterday. Excellent value.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Pennywise the Frown posted:

In my opinion they are the best pre-made protein shakes I've ever had. I have no idea how they can taste decent while having 30g of protein. More protein than Optimum Nutrition which used to be the gold standard.

Also they are $7 off starting yesterday. Excellent value.

I'll grab my two case allotment then. Thanks!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

Good news! All the Michigan Costcos have bitchin sauce!

Score! Just grabbed some and some naan dippers to go with it. Also two chairs for my front room for drinking coffee and reading.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

WescottF1 posted:

I'll grab my two case allotment then. Thanks!

Two cases per flavor!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BeastOfExmoor posted:

With caramel? I've never seen a chocolate muffin with caramel at any Seattle area Costco's, but I guess I don't go to the only one in the city limits of you're being super literal.

I actually misread that, they have molten chocolate in the middle, not caramel. I don't think I've ever seen the ones with caramel.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Renegret posted:

n...n...nooo

I know...I KNOW...

We will survive!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

the mean lunch lady posted:

The one at 119th in OP has it. I just saw it last night.

Welp, guess I'm making a Lukas and Costco run then.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

More Costco furniture for the home. Sitting at about 80% at this point. Need to get a nice big low coffee table for the wife to work puzzles.

Dog not Costco purchase.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

TraderStav posted:

More Costco furniture for the home. Sitting at about 80% at this point. Need to get a nice big low coffee table for the wife to work puzzles.

Dog not Costco purchase.

I'm unreasonably angry about the metal frame exposed underneath that couch. I would absolutely destroy my ankles on that thing.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I'm unreasonably angry about the metal frame exposed underneath that couch. I would absolutely destroy my ankles on that thing.

I'm not sure it's a problem actually. It's pretty recessed. I'll find out, though. If that happens I'll flip the couch and chairs.

We will be redoing these rooms with hardwood in the coming year or so and will get a nice area rug under it too.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

TraderStav posted:

I'm not sure it's a problem actually. It's pretty recessed. I'll find out, though. If that happens I'll flip the couch and chairs.

We will be redoing these rooms with hardwood in the coming year or so and will get a nice area rug under it too.

Cripes that hungers for toddler skulls

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

priznat posted:

Cripes that hungers for toddler skulls

My youngests just turned eight, so at this point it's natural selection.

Plus incentive for them to stay the hell out of our chill zone. I've been securing back the space I conceded for the past decade. Last summer was a huge victory in my basement entertainment area. Of course it was with a Costco leather sectional.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Also, this is the couch that folds into a bed ('co of course) so that's why that murder bar is there.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Wife came in and overruled and I agree it looks better now. The stool is illustrative for future end table purchase.

Thank you for all of your time with my home decorating journey.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I had a futon from costco back in the bachelor days. It made sense in my head, since my room isn't very big, I utilized space pretty well back then. Not so much anymore.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

TraderStav posted:

My youngests just turned eight, so at this point it's natural selection.

Plus incentive for them to stay the hell out of our chill zone. I've been securing back the space I conceded for the past decade. Last summer was a huge victory in my basement entertainment area. Of course it was with a Costco leather sectional.

I have two of the klutzy buggers falling over everything so at this point my antenna are extremely in overdrive :haw:

The worst is when they rip off the corner protectors on tables that were meant to keep them from bashing their brains in gahhh whyyyy

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

priznat posted:

I have two of the klutzy buggers falling over everything so at this point my antenna are extremely in overdrive :haw:

The worst is when they rip off the corner protectors on tables that were meant to keep them from bashing their brains in gahhh whyyyy

The baby scoots as fast as he can toward the dog food dish every time he spots it on the floor.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Don’t have kids and spend more on hot dogs imo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

The baby scoots as fast as he can toward the dog food dish every time he spots it on the floor.

Kids love dog dishes and wish they could just eat off the floor. Would make cleanup easier though.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

priznat posted:

Kids love dog dishes and wish they could just eat off the floor. Would make cleanup easier though.

My mother in law just allowed her kids to eat the dog food out of the dish on the floor.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

On the other hand all the spending for the kids and I've got like 1,000 hot dogs worth of Costco Visa rewards cash coming my way.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

therobit posted:

My mother in law just allowed her kids to eat the dog food out of the dish on the floor.

Good for the immune systems I reckon!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

priznat posted:

Good for the immune systems I reckon!

Probably necessary then because based on her cooking it might be that the dog's food was more appetizing and safer to eat.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

:hmmyes:

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

therobit posted:

Fun fact, pet food is FDA regulated and safe for human consumption

I think the idea behind it is if there's a natural disaster and someone has to eat cat food to survive then they can do that without health risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Noslo posted:

Fun fact, pet food is FDA regulated and safe for human consumption

I think the idea behind it is if there's a natural disaster and someone has to eat cat food to survive then they can do that without health risk

That's also my retirement plan!