Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
I mean they could go the Hercules/Xena route and just make it campy as gently caress, but I don't think that's going to hold people's interest very long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ovenmaster posted:

I mean they could go the Hercules/Xena route and just make it campy as gently caress, but I don't think that's going to hold people's interest very long.

This worked for Legend of the Seeker!

God I wish that show had gotten more seasons.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Give me the infinity gems so I can wish Brimstone ran for 8 seasons.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

feedmyleg posted:

Just give me a flippin' show about a band of adventurers getting low-stakes quests.

90% of the quests on Adventure Time are pretty low stakes. There’s at least two or three episodes that revolve around Jake gathering or rescuing sandwich ingredients.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Give me the infinity gems so I can wish Brimstone ran for 8 seasons.

My mortal enemy must have them because Will and Grace came back and Mad About You is returning shortly.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Will & Grace revival has been good tho

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

90% of the quests on Adventure Time are pretty low stakes. There’s at least two or three episodes that revolve around Jake gathering or rescuing sandwich ingredients.

Yeah, I loved the early seasons of Adventure Time before it became a Heartfelt Serialized Drama.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

My mortal enemy must have them because Will and Grace came back and Mad About You is returning shortly.

Will Wheaton?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

esperterra posted:

The Will & Grace revival has been good tho

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't think I ever hated a show more than W&G.

I despise Deborah Messing.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

But she's so adorable.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She's a great physical comedian!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I AM ALLOWED TO HATE HER WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

esperterra posted:

This worked for Legend of the Seeker!

God I wish that show had gotten more seasons.

Legend of the Seeker was better than it had any right to be given the absolute dumpster fire of the source material.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I tried watching Legend of the Seeker but it didn't have any of the camp that made Hercules/Xena/et al work.

Man, I wanna watch some Hercules and Xena now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
she had those rumours of being a difficult bitch on set of mysteries of laura.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

I don't think I ever hated a show more than W&G.

I despise Deborah Messing.

Don't tell me you weren't a fan of the hit show Prey starring her and Larry Drake.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Toshimo posted:

Legend of the Seeker was better than it had any right to be given the absolute dumpster fire of the source material.

:yeah:

e: or SMASH ^^

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

that show was carried by the core strength of the lead actors abs, the attractiveness of the two lead actresses, the costume designers and NZ

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

joeperagrocerystorefoodlist1945.com

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I feel like maybe Searching was an accurate representation of Debra Messing IRL.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

esperterra posted:

Does this count as mod sass?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Craig Horner's Instgram in inspiring. He dresses like a gently caress boi. It's awesome

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

hope and vaseline posted:

Am I just a fun hater or all the musical numbers in this season of Mrs. Maisel a little excessive

No, they're too frequent and too long in a season already kinda stuffed with sideplots that seem to only serve to make every character, except Joel, a human monster.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

I tried watching Legend of the Seeker but it didn't have any of the camp that made Hercules/Xena/et al work.

Don't know what you'd call the S&M nuns carrying around dildos if not camp...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Don't know what you'd call the S&M nuns carrying around dildos if not camp...

Super true to the books. Miss that show.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Have Expanse, Witcher, Rick and Morty, and Watchmen episodes to watch.

And instead of any of them, I've been binging Lucifer, a show I generally find mediocre as hell and carried entirely on Tom Ellis' shoulders, which must be aching from the incredible weight. What is wrong with me?

I will say I genuinely laughed uproariously at a yoga crime scene mid season 2. Someone had fun time fitting a fantastic sight gag into the show.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Pfffft Lucifer is amazing although you’re correct that it’s largely Tom Ellis and definitely not the rest of the show. Although I find its extreme predictability kind of entertaining in its own way.

I have never watched The Office before so I started binging it at the beginning of my holiday break and I’m almost done now. It’s uh...wow. It’s a lot more hit or miss than I was imagining, among other things.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Hawkperson posted:

Pfffft Lucifer is amazing although you’re correct that it’s largely Tom Ellis and definitely not the rest of the show. Although I find its extreme predictability kind of entertaining in its own way.

I have never watched The Office before so I started binging it at the beginning of my holiday break and I’m almost done now. It’s uh...wow. It’s a lot more hit or miss than I was imagining, among other things.

I used to like the office, but then Parks and Rec did everything it did ten times better and without a fraction the cringe or unlikeable people.

And yeah, the predictability of Lucifer (carbon copy of Castle basically) is somewhat reassuring. I was actually doing work on my laptop a bit while watching. Good background noise.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Office at its best is like twenty times funnier than Parks and Rec at its best. and that isn’t a diss on P&R, which I love, and which does have the better characters. But I’ve also been rewatching Office recently and I laugh out loud so much more than I do with Parks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
P&R has tom haverford, Andy Dwyer and Ron swanson. The office is looking pretty good

Pander posted:

I will say I genuinely laughed uproariously at a yoga crime scene mid season 2. Someone had fun time fitting a fantastic sight gag into the show.

What was the gag?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

What was the gag?

It's the . gif, isn't it? Someone post the .gif.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I love The Office and I rewatched a big chunk of it over the holidays, and I think a big part of it still holds up. Really the only parts I thought dragged were most of s6, the latter part of s7, and s8. The bit at the end of Goodbye Michael when Pam talks about how Michael was hopeful, not sad, still manages to get me.

In terms of late-season casting, I thought Kathy Bates was terrible, and James Spader had a lot of promise in his first episode with the interview and then you can tell he just completely lost all interest in the role (and/or the writers just had no idea what to do with him and took the worst possible choices). Ed Helms was also completely incapable of stepping in for Steve Carell and one reason the final season is so good is that Helms was gone for a big chunk of it. I think the later seasons of The Office actually made me hate Helms.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Open Source Idiom posted:

It's the . gif, isn't it? Someone post the .gif.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I love that gif because it totally redeems Aimee Garcia for her horrific Dexter salad eating gif.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
For some reason I thought it was a later episode. Nevermind.

Chairman Capone posted:

I love The Office and I rewatched a big chunk of it over the holidays, and I think a big part of it still holds up. Really the only parts I thought dragged were most of s6, the latter part of s7, and s8. The bit at the end of Goodbye Michael when Pam talks about how Michael was hopeful, not sad, still manages to get me.

In terms of late-season casting, I thought Kathy Bates was terrible, and James Spader had a lot of promise in his first episode with the interview and then you can tell he just completely lost all interest in the role (and/or the writers just had no idea what to do with him and took the worst possible choices). Ed Helms was also completely incapable of stepping in for Steve Carell and one reason the final season is so good is that Helms was gone for a big chunk of it. I think the later seasons of The Office actually made me hate Helms.

The first season with Helms as boss (and Spader as CEO who works out of the scanton branch?), I didn't hate him too much. But he must have pissed off like all the writers or something for the remainder. God he became so unlikable.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
James Spader and Rainn Wilson really carry a lot of the first post-Michael season. When Spader left and they started writing around Ed Helms’ movie projects there was a noticeable drop in quality. Even when Andy returns he’s an incredible piece of poo poo and the last batch of episodes with the forced Jim/Pam marriage issues are easily the worst of the whole show.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hawkperson posted:

I gave up on that show after the scene were Lucifer has a huge rant about rap music, because what the gently caress?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Combat Pretzel posted:

Hmm, really? It's been a while.

I'm mostly annoyed because there's tons of internal dialog along the episode pretending like he's avoiding stepping into another turd, including key scenes trying to reinforce that, and whoops, end of the episode, it was all bullshit the whole time. Found it quite annoying.

Funny, I really liked how they just flipped the script by basically revealing it had all been a lie from the very start. I think you'll also appreciate it even more by the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Is there a TV IV thread for good youtube channels? I've been watching DBZ Abridged, FF7 Abridged, YGO Abridged, Red vs Blue, RWBY, and some other stuff, and wanted to share abou tit.