Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Thank you Rarity for spending a stupid amount of hours on all of this!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
thanks Rarity, excellent work as always though you didn't use any of my quotes for DE so we will have to feud this year, sorry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just before we fully wrap things up here I want to say a giant thank you to everyone who's posted in this thread for your participation, both with your very excellent lists and for your posting today. I always get worried with the countdown that no one will engage and I'll just be posting into a void but you all brought top energy today. This thread is always my favourite part of the year on SA and this one has been the most successful yet and that's all down to you. Yes, it meant I had to do a lot of work but it's all worth it to be able to entertain so many of you. So again, thank you and good night :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

we will have to feud this year, sorry

This was going to be happening anyway tbh

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Thank you so much Rarity.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

I can only assume that those who didn’t have Disco somewhere on their list simply hadn’t played it yet

:same:

I will definitely get the PS4 version after this, whenever it comes out.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thanks to both Rarity and crazy, brilliant Estonians.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Thanks for running the thread Rarity. I really feel like the effort you put in encourages everyone to put a little more into their lists and that gets people more invested and makes the thread more fun to read!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

PunkBoy posted:

In my head I pictured and heard these popping in like some kind of combo multiplier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g62HqTRDixA

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Sorry communist cops report in.

It didn't work the first time, but neither did love, and we haven't given up on that, have we?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Another perfect thread. I will be goldmining this tomorrow (to give people a chance to have a good old post) to go alongside with last year's equally stellar thread :D

Thank you everyone for coming together to have a ton of fun, to submitting scores and making posts.

Most of all, thank you Rarity for knocking another one right out of the park and into the ocean! You did amazingly :D

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

All is right in the world. This was a true pleasure to follow and I'm so glad I was able to. Thank you so much Rarity for putting this together and I hope to be reading your GOTY thread for years to come.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I hate to be that guy but you said Return Of The Obra Dinn was the best game not released this year...

But it was, on console, so it was the first chance I ever had to play it...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Seedge posted:

I hate to be that guy but you said Return Of The Obra Dinn was the best game not released this year...

Well gently caress :negative:

Congrats I guess to the new Best Game Not Released in 2019, Red Dead Redemption 2 :confuoot:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gj rarity.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

This was a really good thread. Thank you, Rarity, for organizing it, thank you, everyone else, for posting in it, and thank you, everyone everywhere for UNIONIZING.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

on the topic of ai the somnium files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dprK9YQAU&t=789s

this clip is the clip that conviced me it owned

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

:hmmyes:

(I need to play more Titanfall 2)

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Endorph posted:

on the topic of ai the somnium files

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dprK9YQAU&t=789s

this clip is the clip that conviced me it owned

tbh it's impressive that this works so well out of context but also in context without feeling out of place or over the top

play AI nerds

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like how much an effort you made to use as many posters quotes as possible too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Disco Elysium better be good when I finally get to play it on console because I'm pissed!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thank you as always Rarity!!! Wonderful work. I’ll really miss your posts when the TVIV countdown happens.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can't tell what you do in AI from that clip, is it some kind of VN?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I'm intending on streaming a blind playthrough of Disco Elysium on the UKMT's own podcast twitch, twitch.tv/praxiscast

Look for updates on when it's gonna happen in the UKMT itself or on the podcast's twitter @praxiscast but if i'm not a total dummy I'll try and remember and post in here about when I decided to start and schedule myself in to do it.

And once more, a huge thanks to Rarity for all the hard work done.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haveblue posted:

Adventure game with some puzzle solving and clue hunting, but it's mostly a VN yeah.

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

What a great year for games and what a great thread to top it off with. Thanks for the hard work, Rarity!

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
Thanks Rarity!

(My new year begins with Control and Disco Elysium ... and yeah, they good).

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

God i wish my ancient piece of poo poo computer could run this stupid game!!!!!!! OH WELL!!! Can't wait till it comes to consoles and I can finally find out how it's better than Outer wilds and Sekiro somehow????

I can't speak for Outer Wilds, and I loving LOVED every second of Sekiro, but it's not even a contest between it and DE. It is something unearthly.

Kinda like Rarity, thanks for making this thread. :)

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

A good year for games and a great thread. I’m disappointed in all of you who haven’t played pathologic 2 yet so get on that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

Yes its a vn with branching paths and point/click homicide detective investigations. You also matrix into peoples dreams and explore high pressure dream logic puzzle sequences in 3rd person that serve as the inflection points between story paths so one choice goes to end A1 and the other to A2 etc

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:love: u Rarity

Happy New Year, goons

Happy GOTY, goons

MEDICARE FOR ALL

U N I O N I Z E

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity this thread and especially the OP but ESPECIALLY the countdown were loving incredible, thank you for all the hard work.

Naito's gonna win at Wrestle Kingdom :colbert:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Great thread. Anyone have the whole list to paste?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
drat good quote to pick for my number 1. :D

Super thrilled to play DE when it comes out on PS4. Hell, console releases might give it two years in a row if the goon response so far is anything to go by.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Awesome thread + format for community GOTY, good job all

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I enjoyed this thread, great job rarity.

Also screw you all, my backlog grew like a million times, and a special shoutout to the rear end in a top hat who recommended Idle Wizard I installed it and I now play it while watching an LP of Pathologic. Thanks??? I guess??????

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fantastic thread Rarity, thanks for all the hard work. I've got 3 new games on my list to check out plus loving Disco Elysium please come to PS4 already I'm dying

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I must be the only person who played Disco Elysium and didn't put it on my list.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Seedge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ4QweAa9lM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I can only assume that those who didn’t have Disco somewhere on their list simply hadn’t played it yet

bounced off it after 2 and half hours