Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
also the courier lives in canada which is why you can’t meet them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

and the judge was, in the last ruling, writing "I'm not saying he's a liar but his balls have been immolated from his pants being aflame."

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
sorry, the letter was actually the first clue in an exciting world spanning treasure hunt but the clue refers to a building that was torn down years ago so the second clue is surely lost

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CampingCarl posted:

I thought he already walked it back during the trial with "the courier went out of business so you cant subpoena them to see if I made all this up" or something.

that’s what i was guessing he’d say, lmao if i was right

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
it's completely plausible imo that craig "satoshi" wright would commit his funnybux into a trust named after a notorious speculative mania back in 2011 before they ever had their first run-up

e: ok looks like I have to walk that back, it's not easy to find btc price charts from then (because the exchanges folded lol) but there literally was a runup at exactly that time

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 2, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I stand with Craigoshi Wrightomoto!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
craig wright: rear end attorney

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Butt Doctor of Law.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
but doctor, i am satoshi

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

butt doctor ian satoshi

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Gazpacho posted:

it's completely plausible imo that craig "satoshi" wright would commit his funnybux into a trust named after a notorious speculative mania back in 2011 before they ever had their first run-up

e: ok looks like I have to walk that back, it's not easy to find btc price charts from then (because the exchanges folded lol) but there literally was a runup at exactly that time

a currency that is deflationary by design was never not a ponzi scheme. don't fret about specific dates and price trends.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
nah i fumbled the point i was trying to make about craiggo, not about bitcoin

fun fact: the world's first mutual fund kept its securities in a chest with three locks and the keys were given to three custodians. no word on whether one of the custodians dropped off his key at a ye messenger shoppe & died

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the most pleasurable kevin popped up in the security thread so i asked how his bitcoin job went

PleasureKevin posted:

I haven't talked about it cause I wanted to sue. After pulling my rear end out of depression (have I?), I called around and they all wanted money just to talk about the situation. I finally just reported them to immigration authorities for human trafficking. Have not heard back.

:shepface:

stay safe pleasure ghost

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
if only someone could have warned pleasure ghost

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

hi i moved to get the obvious worst job ever and it was awful can i sue them for human trafficking??

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

hi i moved to get the obvious worst job ever and it was awful can i sue them for human trafficking??

pm me

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

be your own slaver

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I feel bad for the guy, but as dimly as I remember the beginning of this story, I'm sure dozens of people told him it not to do it for obvious reasons clearly stated

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 3, 2020

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
i have not heard this story

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

...! posted:

i have not heard this story

pleasurekevin found employment in a bitcoin and/or blockchain app coding job for about 70,000 dollars that involved him sleeping on a dirty mattress in a storage container between 18 hour shifts

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
oh so the "trafficked" person was himself

hard to know with bitcoiners, could have been someone trying to build a pimp-erium with cryptocoins

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ymgve posted:

hard to know with bitcoiners, could have been someone trying to build a pimp-erium with cryptocoins

at least himself, they probably had other people shipped in too

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealRossU/status/1213156509397352449

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm glad Pleasure Kevin is relatively alive and relatively well.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ymgve posted:

it would be pretty bitcoin to complain about the awful working conditions and pay constantly but only after you've left do you say anything about the fact that they're a human trafficking company

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

LordSaturn posted:

I feel bad for the guy, but as dimly as I remember the beginning of this story, I'm sure dozens of people told him it not to do it for obvious reasons clearly state

I think he was taking whatever job would get him out of a shelter at the time, so it's understandable and going from being homeless to being trafficked is not uncommon unfortunately - just took a weird form

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

LordSaturn posted:

I feel bad for the guy, but as dimly as I remember the beginning of this story, I'm sure dozens of people told him it not to do it for obvious reasons clearly stated

i’m sure nothing like that could have happened here in this buttcoin love fest

Munkeymon posted:

I think he was taking whatever job would get him out of a shelter at the time, so it's understandable and going from being homeless to being trafficked is not uncommon unfortunately - just took a weird form

this part is also true though, but people pointed out that maybe it wasn’t even a lateral move at best

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

out of the shelter and into an unheated storage container:coal:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i thought the pk posts about his new butt adjacent job was halfassed trolling and i was glad to see the posts stop; if they were in fact legit then that situation super sucked and i’m glad he’s free of it.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

there being some sort of massive pardon wave that ross gets overlooked in is probably the only way he gets out. still it reads more like he thinks he is nelson mandela.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

there being some sort of massive pardon wave that ross gets overlooked in is probably the only way he gets out. still it reads more like he thinks he is nelson mandela.

as if nelson mandela would be deserving to kiss the filth encrusted boots of this paragon of virtue, this god made flesh, ross ulbrich

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

as if nelson mandela would be deserving to kiss the filth encrusted boots of this paragon of virtue, this god made flesh, ross ulbrich

he walked to a car in the rain for chrissakes

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

michaelangelo's the creation of adam, but its ross reaching to a piece of trash stuck in a tree

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

michaelangelo's the creation of adam, but its ross reaching to a piece of trash stuck in a tree

?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

that is way better than the 30s i spent in mspaint trying to make it. i did want to put him as god but was not sure about surrounding a bitcoiner with small children.

however as the ideas guy i get 90% of the credit. you are welcome.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

that is way better than the 30s i spent in mspaint trying to make it. i did want to put him as god but was not sure about surrounding a bitcoiner with small children.

however as the ideas guy i get 90% of the credit. you are welcome.

but i really needed those attention marbles:sigh:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003