Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Julias posted:

hopefully things won't go awry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Wark Say posted:

So from here on out, Julias will be the 2nd mod of ADTRW.

I'm aware that, all things considered, ADTRW is a relatively relaxed part of the forums, but having an additional mod would probably aid in keeping it that way. Thanks for accepting and here's to you, Julias! :cheers:

Cool, Julias is always a good contributor to this forum

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I came back just to say congrats to Julias and I wish you well modding because a good friend of mine got hit with a real unjust probation here so I gotta make my dramatic exit real for reals now, the whole place seems like its falling apart.

Peace and love to you all in 2020.

see ya space cowboy

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sharkopath posted:

I came back just to say congrats to Julias and I wish you well modding because a good friend of mine got hit with a real unjust probation here so I gotta make my dramatic exit real for reals now, the whole place seems like its falling apart.

Take care, Sharky. :sadwave:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Sharkopath posted:

I'll just say what I say to everyone who says they're leaving:

you were too good for the dead comedy forum

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/1213338942713536514

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/stairr1/status/1213340798567243776?s=19

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

this is incredible

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Sam Stoat vs. Freddie Fish

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Stoats are so loving cute and they live in the woods all around me. :3:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Sharkopath posted:

The forum's trying to self-correct but it moves at the speed of RL problems and your friend had an unfortunate profile picture, which blows but mistakes are made every day.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Julias posted:

Thanks for the support everyone. I'll be learning from here too, but hopefully things won't go awry.

Approve strongly of a new mod with such a good avatar picture.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

love to Protect Trans Posters by cataloging a list of everyone who's vaguely disagreed with me on SA and demanding they be banned

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pe3TGJ8ci4

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Why is it so loving hard to find good (mobile) wallpapers for Va-11 Hall-A... :negative:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Endorph posted:

love to Protect Trans Posters by cataloging a list of everyone who's vaguely disagreed with me on SA and demanding they be banned

The list poo poo is getting pretty :yikes:

Doubly so because the posters mainly involved initially posted to chime in on supporting us, and then stayed around. To make lists.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

For my first post in an ADTRW discussion thread, I am going to say that 3 years late I finally got around to watching land of the lustrous. I feel like a big dummy because that show rules but in my defense I could never justify paying for amazon anime channel/prime. I think I like it more than the manga b/c while the art is good I can follow the show much more easily (I'm probably stupid). anyway this just makes me more excited for beastars whenever netflix releases it from its prison in the next month or so (?), I'm all on board the studio orange train now

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
congrats on watching good show land of the lustrous. and welcome

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sleng Teng posted:

For my first post in an ADTRW discussion thread, I am going to say that 3 years late I finally got around to watching land of the lustrous. I feel like a big dummy because that show rules but in my defense I could never justify paying for amazon anime channel/prime. I think I like it more than the manga b/c while the art is good I can follow the show much more easily (I'm probably stupid). anyway this just makes me more excited for beastars whenever netflix releases it from its prison in the next month or so (?), I'm all on board the studio orange train now

Welcome and also have you considered (yohoho) a pirate's life for you?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

unfortunately I ate the lazy lazy fruit, making a pirate's life too much of a hassle. but if streaming balkanization continues...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Please support the official release droyer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

housekis real good. i think you get used to following the manga's sharp contrast and stuff as it goes on but the action scenes are definitely better in the anime. hopefully we get a season 2 soon.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Argas posted:

The list poo poo is getting pretty :yikes:

Doubly so because the posters mainly involved initially posted to chime in on supporting us, and then stayed around. To make lists.

They need to reopen qcs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

They need to reopen qcs
reopen qcs for 24 hours and then ban anyone who posted in it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

reopen qcs for 24 hours and then ban anyone who posted in it

Nah just reopen qcs and let people talk about things there

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i always believed in you julias

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You never believed in me :(

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Namtab posted:

well, you abandoned irc

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Namtab posted:

anyone weaker than i in Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View is too weak to moderate

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Congratulations Julias :)

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I finished Sarazanmai. While I liked some of the individual plots and can get behind the main theme of connections both bring frustrating and wanting to get rid if them, but them also being what's important to us, a lot of it felt like noted auteur Kunihiko Ikuhara huffing his own farts and putting in a lot of gross crap with the Kappas just for the show to stand out more and get away with saying 'I did xxx thing on my show'. The setting is good, but there was a lot of wasted potential with how the 'villains' and side characters were handled, the episodic 'fight the kappa zombie' had poo poo choreography and was the same every time with no variation, and the ending goes hard in on 'things work out just cuz we want there to be a happy ending' without really earning it, and I hate that kind of ending in general. At least there were some fun moments with the main cast that made the short series worthwhile.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

For as much as I usually like the Ikuhara repetition thing (the duels in Utena, Rock Over Japan in Penguindrum, etc) I was mostly skipping through the kappa zombie fights after the second or third episode.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I loved Sarazanmai while it was airing and I have fond memories of it but I really wish it had had another episode or two to spend on the climax and conclusion.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Julias posted:

I finished Sarazanmai. While I liked some of the individual plots and can get behind the main theme of connections both bring frustrating and wanting to get rid if them, but them also being what's important to us, a lot of it felt like noted auteur Kunihiko Ikuhara huffing his own farts and putting in a lot of gross crap with the Kappas just for the show to stand out more and get away with saying 'I did xxx thing on my show'. The setting is good, but there was a lot of wasted potential with how the 'villains' and side characters were handled, the episodic 'fight the kappa zombie' had poo poo choreography and was the same every time with no variation, and the ending goes hard in on 'things work out just cuz we want there to be a happy ending' without really earning it, and I hate that kind of ending in general. At least there were some fun moments with the main cast that made the short series worthwhile.
I mean, most the gross stuff with kappas is just what kappas are, mythologically.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

thinking about how the headless in sekiro just constantly nothing personnel kiddo you and rip out the wolf's mythical butt organ

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
mangadex come back

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

they got dmcaed so they're moving server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy