Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Like what episode is this? My brain must have edited it out to preserve any lingering respect I had for Rebels.

The rebels thread being all "she survived a fight with vader!" Was when I really realized the people in the rebels thread were irredeemable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Shbobdb posted:

You see her falling in a dark cave. That's death man.

You LITERALLY see her walking away at the end of that episode. She's not dead. She's never implied to be dead for longer than a couple minutes of runtime.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Because falling into a deep hole killed maul and the other geezer.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
You see her falling in a cave. It was a send off. TV isn't always literal, some images are metaphorical. You are awful at watching tv. Were you confused during the Joker?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Rocksicles posted:

Because falling into a deep hole killed maul and the other geezer.

Which was also loving awful.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shbobdb posted:

Like what episode is this? My brain must have edited it out to preserve any lingering respect I had for Rebels.

The rebels thread being all "she survived a fight with vader!" Was when I really realized the people in the rebels thread were irredeemable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTFNwROFWaA

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 4, 2020

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

You've got some weird hatred for people who enjoy this children's show you barely understood.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Shbobdb posted:

You see her falling in a cave. It was a send off. TV isn't always literal, some images are metaphorical. You are awful at watching tv. Were you confused during the Joker?

You're loving dumb as a box of rocks. Just shut the gently caress up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

loving imagine thinking that Maul surviving didn't turn out to be a really good idea.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Yeah shes dead they show that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shbobdb posted:

Yeah shes dead they show that.

That video quite literally shows her walking down some stairs after the fight. Get your brain worms cured before it's too late.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Funky Valentine posted:

loving imagine thinking that Maul surviving didn't turn out to be a really good idea.

I will say they had a lot of fun with him. I'm more forgiving about bringing back villains because who cares?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

NTRabbit posted:

That video quite literally shows her walking down some stairs after the fight. Get your brain worms cured before it's too late.

Descending into the afterlife, yes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shbobdb posted:

Descending into the afterlife, yes.

No, walking down a set of stairs while still alive.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
This is somewhere between fallout:equestria and just straight up brain damage dumb.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
When I was talking about comics this is the logic I am talking about. This is why they are for prepubescent. "Nohody is dead unless you see it and even then they might come back!" Robs the narrative of any weight.

Which is why later rebels sucks so bad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just save your time and never reply to this person ever imo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

site posted:

just save your time and never reply to this person ever imo

:hmmyes:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Did I not warn you all that this gently caress is a shitposter? Put on ignore

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I put him on ignore yesterday, and you all keep quoting him.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

bunnyofdoom posted:

Did I not warn you all that this gently caress is a shitposter? Put on ignore

I'm not a shitposter I'm just not a hug boxer. Some people confuse one for the other because that's what the internet does.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you suck rear end

anyway everyone, Ahsoka owns

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Another request for one of the live-action shows: get Temuera Morrison to play a geezer clone (or a few) still around in the Galactic Civil War era. Bringing back Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor in Rebels was great, do more clone stuff, Disney.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No one has ever died from fall damage in Star Wars.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bust Rodd posted:

Unless they do the Wilhelm Scream while falling, at which point they are instantly killed.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Shbobdb posted:

Some being the important word there. You have decided it was intended to be metaphorical because it suited a narrative you preferred, even though there was no other indication at the time that it was true or false and are still insisting that it was intended to be metaphorical even when there is evidence to suggest otherwise. Just because it could have been metaphorical does not mean it was metaphorical, or was ever intended to be metaphorical. Sometimes a person walking down some stairs is just a person walking down some stairs, and no deeper meaning is intended. Not unless you think creating uncertainty about whether a character is alive or not and fueling fan discussion and interaction is a deeper meaning at least.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ok to be utterly serious Rebels Season 4 epiosde 13 A World Between Worlds features Ashoka and shows how she survived. Namely Ezra saves her in that episode.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Before season 4 it was pretty metaphorical. It mirrored her descent down the stairs of the Jedi Temple in Clone Wars, she appeared desaturated, and, taken with the Topps trading card art series Filoni did, suggested she was journeying through the afterlife after dying.

Then season 4 put it all into perspective and took away the supposed metaphor and gave us a solid answer. Obviously Filoni had it planned even before Twilight of the Apprentice, but you could argue the intent at the time was a symbolic representation of Ahsoka's death and afterlife, since it was a fitting end.

Now we know what was up, though, so, eh. The whole thing is still great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shbobdb posted:

When I was talking about comics this is the logic I am talking about. This is why they are for prepubescent. "Nohody is dead unless you see it and even then they might come back!" Robs the narrative of any weight.

Which is why later rebels sucks so bad.

Kanan died straight up. In the Episode were Ezra saves Ashoka he has a chance to save Kanan too, but does not cause if he did then the Ghost crew including him would die.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Real talk: who should play Ahsoka, were she to appear in a live action series (i.e. Mando s2 or 3)?
I’m going to suggest Reese Witherspoon.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wasn't everyone all in on Rosario Dawson to play her?

Get some fairly unknown up and comer, like Jeeja Yanin

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

b-b-b-but stairs!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chill Penguin posted:

Real talk: who should play Ahsoka, were she to appear in a live action series (i.e. Mando s2 or 3)?
I’m going to suggest Reese Witherspoon.

Are you loving high?

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
I don't care who would play her, just so long as they make the lekku look better than the trash the twi'leks had in mando.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Azhais posted:

Get some fairly unknown up and comer, like Jeeja Yanin

She'd be an awesome casting choice as an unarmed combat badass,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mClqKZl0KEs

Yes, that's Drunken Muy Thai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JIv4ht8OU

I have no idea what style the lieutenant with the buzz cut is doing, but it's creepy as hell and I'd be intimidated.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jan 4, 2020

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mllaneza posted:

She'd be an awesome casting choice as an unarmed combat badass,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mClqKZl0KEs

Yes, that's Drunken Muy Thai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JIv4ht8OU

I have no idea what style the lieutenant with the buzz cut is doing, but it's creepy as hell and I'd be intimidated.

Does she even speak a word of English?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Togruta just don't seem to translate well in live-action.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2XuXt0iy0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Bust Rodd posted:

Ironically enough, in The FFG role playing games, falling damage is one of the deadliest things to characters.