Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Amir is the greatest agent of chaos in a world where the Band of Boobs actively strive to ruin Murph's plans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
See you all next year for Amir's annual game of D&D.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Christmas episode was really good

It’s odd for me, I’m listening through dimension 20 season one fantasy high and Brian is so timid and just seems to be in the background but as a DM he’s really great, would have thought him playing a character would be more like when Brennan was Deadeye on NADDPOD

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Do it ironically posted:

Christmas episode was really good

It’s odd for me, I’m listening through dimension 20 season one fantasy high and Brian is so timid and just seems to be in the background but as a DM he’s really great, would have thought him playing a character would be more like when Brennan was Deadeye on NADDPOD

Brennan just said on one of his weekly live dm advice videos that Murph is one of the best peer teachers/dms as players around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC1Fwjb0mvM&t=1437s

You can see throughout the season Murph helping out Allie and generally being an awesome team player. His character in Unsleeping City was also excellent.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Brennan just said on one of his weekly live dm advice videos that Murph is one of the best peer teachers/dms as players around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC1Fwjb0mvM&t=1437s

You can see throughout the season Murph helping out Allie and generally being an awesome team player. His character in Unsleeping City was also excellent.

That’s really cool thanks for the link, the podcast and dnd scene are rife with jerks so I like to hear about the good people

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 20, 2019

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

Oh no, young Bev :ohdear:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'd love to know what Emily thought Cooter was, if not just a guy from the Crick.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol @ them spending the first minute with siobhan talking about how she stole from them

eke out fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 2, 2020

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
I gotta admit, I thought Moonshine was bein' a bit rude when she immediately wanted to get a guest character, but as soon as they started speaking I remembered, 'oh, right, they're playing at a table, you can't exactly hide a guest from the group unless you go to CR levels of deception'

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
im happy that it’s both Apple Scrumper and Mavrus.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
there's some for realsies risk of permadeath here if anyone gets swallowed

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Farg posted:

lol i looked up the stat block and basically any party member will be unconscious in a single round's attacks (not even including legendary actions)

but the tarrasque has zero ranged options, they could fly and stay out of range indefinitely, even. so, of course, every single person immediately rushed into melee range lol

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Farg posted:

It'll be well deserved for a group of players whose response to an undead magic-immune godzilla is "frontal assault".

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
God drat what an episode with a great cliffhanger

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It would really suck to have to reroll a character this late in the campaign, when we know they plan to wrap things up within a few weeks (at least, for the campaign proper). You really wouldn't be able to explore or do anything fun with your new character, and they wouldn't have the time to bond with the other main characters or establish themselves enough to make their survival and epilogue feel equivalent to everyone elses. You'd basically just be a guest for all intents and purposes.

I find it hard to believe they'd kill Bev just because of how poo poo it'd make things for Caldwell in the last couple of episodes, and have to imagine they'll either flubb the roll since there's no cameras, or find some way to almost immediately resurrect him with an episode or so, so that Bev can join Moonshine and Hardwon in the finale. Which I can't say as I'd mind, and would probably even prefer so long as they sell the drama decently. Which they almost certainly will.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

tsob posted:

It would really suck to have to reroll a character this late in the campaign, when we know they plan to wrap things up within a few weeks (at least, for the campaign proper). You really wouldn't be able to explore or do anything fun with your new character, and they wouldn't have the time to bond with the other main characters or establish themselves enough to make their survival and epilogue feel equivalent to everyone elses. You'd basically just be a guest for all intents and purposes.

I find it hard to believe they'd kill Bev just because of how poo poo it'd make things for Caldwell in the last couple of episodes, and have to imagine they'll either flubb the roll since there's no cameras, or find some way to almost immediately resurrect him with an episode or so, so that Bev can join Moonshine and Hardwon in the finale. Which I can't say as I'd mind, and would probably even prefer so long as they sell the drama decently. Which they almost certainly will.

on the other hand, caldwell could play Erlin, which would make for extremely good tragedy

but yeah probably he'd just die temporarily and then they'd have to get the body to someone to resurrect or reincarnate

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
If he did play Erlin though it'd basically just result in one or maybe two really emotional scene as he learns about Bev's death and mourns him, after which does anyone actually give a poo poo about Erlin as anything other than Bev's love interest? That's the extent of his character at the moment, and I really don't think there'd be enough time in the couple of episodes left to really stretch that character enough to make his own denouement worthwhile. I'd be more interested in Erlin's sister frankly, and I can't even recall her name off-hand.

TakenForGranite
Jan 13, 2015
I feel like it's PROBABLY going to be less "Oh well he's gotta run a new character now" and would end up being a sidequest to hunt for some way to revive him, finding someone who can, entreating Pelor to help. It'd make for some real interesting stakes to have to find a way to revive Bev as quickly as possible while the Husks run Amusks.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Do you guys think the next episode will just open with a straight up and down death save, or will Murph do something in between, maybe like allow for some divine intervention or something?

Also just wanted to say I really appreciated everything leading up to the battle with the terrasque. All the dwarves fleeing in terror as soon as they saw it and Apple intimidating them into fighting was cool too

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

Maybe they're setting up Bev to fully roll into Revenge by making him a Revenant out for Akarot's rear end.

I don't play D&D and all my experience with it stems from TAZ and this podcast...would it be feasible for a Paladin to go revenant?

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

It is. In fact, Murph did it during the nyc live show during their tour.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Agreed that the most recent episode is a motherfucker of a cliffhanger, but I would also like to add how floored I am by Emily's "seven beers" joke in the most recent Trinyvale

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'm still one hundred percent hanging after every episode the main campaign but I'm like.. seven episodes behind on Trinyvale? I've listened to the one after the livestreams twice and taken literally no information in. I have no explanation. I don't think I dislike it or anything.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I low-key like the Trinyvale characters more, especially with Murph playing a character while Caldwell gets to make funny voices for NPCs I really like. I'm just now catching up on 13 though so I'll be sorely missing it, once per month is a lot of patience :(

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

thecluckmeme posted:

I low-key like the Trinyvale characters more, especially with Murph playing a character while Caldwell gets to make funny voices for NPCs I really like. I'm just now catching up on 13 though so I'll be sorely missing it, once per month is a lot of patience :(

Murph attempting to play a high status character and have him rapidly descend into the saddest most low status character has been incredible

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

eke out posted:

Murph attempting to play a high status character and have him rapidly descend into the saddest most low status character has been incredible

It's really clever yeah, Emily and Jake build on it so well. They consistently keep acting like they look up to him, but everything they say just reveals his character to be more and more pathetic and totally at the mercy of the whims of these characters who are presumably lower status than him.

Not Operator posted:

I'm still one hundred percent hanging after every episode the main campaign but I'm like.. seven episodes behind on Trinyvale? I've listened to the one after the livestreams twice and taken literally no information in. I have no explanation. I don't think I dislike it or anything.

It's much harder to follow the plot, I think. The monthly release schedule makes it hard to keep up, and the tone of it is even looser and goofier than the bahumia campaign, so it's difficult to track the plot beats between all the butterfinger BB gags

That said, it's extremely funny, and I mostly tune into this podcast to laugh, so I'm here for all of it

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

eke out posted:

Trying so hard and failing to blow up on Trinstagram is my favorite touch. And everyone always referring to the fake accounts as their favorites. :allears:

Nyack in 12 with his "I couldn't possibly..." every time he's offered food is just as good too

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Mother FUCKER Trinyvale 13 slapped me across the face at Maw Maw's Maw

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Not Operator posted:

I still listen to Trinyvale pretty regularly, but I can definitely relate. For what it's worth, I didn't have that problem at all with the two most recent episodes. They're much more grounded, self-contained, and easy to take in (and, especially funny). I thought they were fantastic episodes.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

The latest trinyvale is absolutely nuts, and it's fantastic. Highly recommend.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Hey, I didn't know there was a thread for this! I'm up to episode 46 and I like it so much it's inspired me to do art about it!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
That is very good art.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Hey, I didn't know there was a thread for this! I'm up to episode 46 and I like it so much it's inspired me to do art about it!

fantastic.. you can almost see the vicious V

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

eke out posted:

fantastic.. you can almost see the vicious V

Bask in it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Bask in it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Can I request that you keep doing art for this podcast?
Also tweet it at the cast on Twitter. They love fan art

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

RC Cola posted:

Can I request that you keep doing art for this podcast?
Also tweet it at the cast on Twitter. They love fan art

I've been tweeting at them. Murph said Galad was perfect and Caldwell said the green teens were cute.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Phylodox posted:

I'm at about the same point in my catch up listening and this is great!

Feb 2, 2005

Phylodox posted:

I've been tweeting at them. Murph said Galad was perfect and Caldwell said the green teens were cute.

The character designs are one thing but my god that texture. This is beautiful!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Dang dude, that's a real good art you did.

The Galad Rosell is amazing.