Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

Absolutely incredible from the entrances to the outfits to the wrestling to the character work to the facial expressions to the ending. Just the absolute best possible wrestling from the best possible wrestlers in the world today.

I feel like absolute poo poo right now and I love it. I was exhilarated for 30 minutes straight and then instantly heartbroken.

That's good tragedy for you.

Seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
HM: Liger's retirement match, Wrestle Kingdom Night 1 1/4
HM: Moxley vs Archer, Wrestle Kingdom Night 1 1/4
HM: Ospreay vs Hiromu, Wrestle Kingdom Night 1 1/4
MOTYC: Okada vs Ibushi, Wrestle Kingdom Night 1 1/4

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Burn Down Canberra posted:

All from wk 4/1

HM Archer v Mox
Motyc: Hiromu v Ospreay
Motyc: white v Naito
Motyc: Okada v Ibushi

Honestly three 5 star matches in a row and the main event is right up there as Okadas best match.

Nthed. I went back and forth on White vs. Naito, but I think any night when you're not comparing it with those other two matches, it's legitimately great.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1

Absolutely incredible from the entrances to the outfits to the wrestling to the character work to the facial expressions to the ending. Just the absolute best possible wrestling from the best possible wrestlers in the world today.

Nth, NOW we can wrap it up.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
MOTYC: Ospreay vs Hiromu, Wrestle Kingdom Night 1 1/4
HM: White vs Naito, Wrestle Kingdom Night 1 1/4

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The hosed thing is that as good as Okada/Ibushi was, it might not even stay as MOTY for 24 hours.

Animal Crackers
Jun 11, 2012
AJPW New Years Wars Night 2 3/1:

HM: Hikaru Sato vs Susumu Yokosuka
MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs Jake Lee

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1 4/1/20:

HM: Liger's Retirement Match
HM: Jon Moxley vs Lance Archer
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Will Ospreay
MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs Jay White
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi

e: Brain fart, listed wrong match.

Animal Crackers fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 4, 2020

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Animal Crackers posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs Jake Lee

i assume we are counting votes from the last thread right? because I was about to nominate these again in this one

edit: didnt see it was the sato kagetora match

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 4, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Animal Crackers posted:

HM: Hikaru Sato vs Kagetora

Sorry to be a pain, can I get clarification on this one? The card I looked up lists him as fighting Susumu Yokosuka, and Kagetora is listed as being in a tag match. There's a pre-existing nomination for Hikaru Sato vs Susumu Yokosuka so I'm just trying to figure out if this is a mistake or your nomination was for a different show?

KungFu Grip posted:

i assume we are counting votes from the last thread right? because I was about to nominate these again in this one

I counted all the nominations from the previous thread already, yes, though your nomination in that thread was for Hikaru Sato vs. Susumu Yokosuka.

Edit: I see now, Hikaru Sato vs Kagetora was on Night 1. Can I confirm which match you (Animal Crackers) are nominating please? Thanks.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 4, 2020

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Sorry to be a pain, can I get clarification on this one? The card I looked up lists him as fighting Susumu Yokosuka, and Kagetora is listed as being in a tag match. There's a pre-existing nomination for Hikaru Sato vs Susumu Yokosuka so I'm just trying to figure out if this is a mistake or your nomination was for a different show?

Oh i didn't even realize theirs said Kagetora. Sato and Kagetora wrestled on the AJPW New Years Wars Night 1, 2/1 show. I don't nominate the Kagetora match

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

how can one legally watch jake lee/kento miyahara

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

I counted all the nominations from the previous thread already, yes, though your nomination in that thread was for Hikaru Sato vs. Susumu Yokosuka.

Sato Kagetora was the 2nd

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

AJPW have a streaming site

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Jerusalem posted:

All Japan Pro-Wrestling TV - Currently 900Yen a month, airs major events live and has VOD going back to 2017, but none of the incredible 1990s All Japan content, which is owned by NIPPON TV. Most of those, which aren't currently legally available for purchase anywhere, can be found here. Be aware that in Japan, billing cycles start on the 1st of the month, regardless of how late in the prior month you signed up, so it is possible to be billed for two months within only a couple of days of each other depending on when you signed up.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
WRESTLE KINGDOM 14 - Night 1

HM: LIGER RETIREMENT MATCH I - Jushin Thunder Liger, Great Sasuke, Tiger Mask & Tatsumi Fujinami vs Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi
Not sure how a match almost entirely made up of guys you wouldn't be blamed for asking "Wait, he's STILL wrestling??" about managed to be so enjoyable but man, that was great.

MOTYC: IWGP US CHAMPIONSHIP/TEXAS DEATHMATCH - Lance Archer vs Jon Moxley
After the 2019 Lance Archer had this was about as excellent as you'd assume a big plunder-filled brawl with these two maniacs would be. My only problem with it is it's still really obvious Mox has some bad habits he developed in WWE, those knees to Archer were tragic.

MOTYC: IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Will Ospreay vs Hiromu Takahashi
https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1213404161666011136

HM: IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Jay White vs Tetsuya Naito
I love both these guys, I love a lot of New Japan matches people say go too long, but I think they probably could've shaved 5 minutes off of this one and it would've been way better. A bit of sloppiness (mostly covered well by the wrestlers or the English commentary team) combined with them almost hitting 30 minutes before the finishing sequence and I think it's a solid HM but both guys have done better in the last year or so.

MOTYC: IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi
Despite being about 5 minutes longer than the previous match it felt 7 or 8 shorter. Okada's power to warp the perception of time is incredible. These guys put on a clinic. Ultra Instinct/Murder Mode Ibushi is a fearsome sight but Okada is literally the Final Boss of Pro Wrestling. All around fantastic stuff.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

frankenfreak posted:

HM: White vs Naito, Wrestle Kingdom Night 1 1/4

Nth all these.

Animal Crackers
Jun 11, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: I see now, Hikaru Sato vs Kagetora was on Night 1. Can I confirm which match you (Animal Crackers) are nominating please? Thanks.

Sorry about that, meant Yokosuka. My bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All good, thanks! :)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Not gonna bother nominating anything from WK because everything got the nods already but I think Okada/Ibushi might be the best Okada match since Shibata.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I stopped watching wrestling for less than 2 hours!

HM
01/01
CMLL Sin Piedad
CMLL World Tag Team Titles
Caristico & Mistico vs Cuatrero & Forastero

This was nominated by someone else in the end of the last thread so I'm just 2nding it

Also because it's the cool thing on wrestling Twitter I am keeping a spreadsheet of good matches here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VaHx_LLJsyHNKA74oMP8F2247xJ6rfFlGQBGG5UkgtM/edit?usp=sharing

Most of it will be stuff that I nominate here but there's also the Really Good sheet which is stuff that's not HM level but is otherwise fun or noteworthy somehow.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Burn Down Canberra posted:

All from wk 4/1

HM Archer v Mox
Motyc: Hiromu v Ospreay
Motyc: white v Naito
Motyc: Okada v Ibushi

nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

HM: LIGER RETIREMENT MATCH I - Jushin Thunder Liger, Great Sasuke, Tiger Mask & Tatsumi Fujinami vs Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi
Not sure how a match almost entirely made up of guys you wouldn't be blamed for asking "Wait, he's STILL wrestling??" about managed to be so enjoyable but man, that was great.

MOTYC: IWGP US CHAMPIONSHIP/TEXAS DEATHMATCH - Lance Archer vs Jon Moxley
After the 2019 Lance Archer had this was about as excellent as you'd assume a big plunder-filled brawl with these two maniacs would be. My only problem with it is it's still really obvious Mox has some bad habits he developed in WWE, those knees to Archer were tragic.

MOTYC: IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Will Ospreay vs Hiromu Takahashi
https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1213404161666011136

HM: IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Jay White vs Tetsuya Naito
I love both these guys, I love a lot of New Japan matches people say go too long, but I think they probably could've shaved 5 minutes off of this one and it would've been way better. A bit of sloppiness (mostly covered well by the wrestlers or the English commentary team) combined with them almost hitting 30 minutes before the finishing sequence and I think it's a solid HM but both guys have done better in the last year or so.

MOTYC: IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi
Despite being about 5 minutes longer than the previous match it felt 7 or 8 shorter. Okada's power to warp the perception of time is incredible. These guys put on a clinic. Ultra Instinct/Murder Mode Ibushi is a fearsome sight but Okada is literally the Final Boss of Pro Wrestling. All around fantastic stuff.

Nth

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

HM: Liger Retirement Match, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14, 04/01

Had zero expectations for this and they crushed it

karmicknight posted:

MOTYC: IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match: Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer, 1/04 Wrestle Kingdom 14

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: HIROMU TAKAHASHI VS. WILL OSPREAY, NJPW WRESTLE KINGDOM 14, 04/01

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

nth

e: also, nth MOTYC Lee/Kento and HM Sato/Yokosuka from AJPW 1/3

Venomous fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 4, 2020

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HM: Ospreay/Hiromu
MOTYC: Okada/Ibushi

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Liger Retirement Match I: Liger, Fujinami,Great Sasuke, and Tiger Mask w/ El Samurai vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Ootani, Tatsuhiko Takaiwa, and Ryusuke Taguchi w/Kuniaki Kobayashi - Wrestle Kingdom 14

Rarity posted:

HM: FinnJuice vs. Guerrilas of Destiny, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14, 04/01

karmicknight posted:

MOTYC: IWGP United States Heavyweight Title Match: Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer, 1/04 Wrestle Kingdom 14

STONE COLD 64 posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi - January 4, 2020 NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14 at The Tokyo Dome

Rarity posted:

HM: Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 14, 04/01

Jerusalem posted:

Backing all of these. Just tremendous stuff today. Absolutely amazing show.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TriffTshngo posted:

NTH. I missed this in my original nods somehow. Sorry for being bad.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Backing these and agreeing that I thought Ospreay/Takahashi would be MOTN and Okada/Ibushi actually blew. it. away. :aaaaa:

Okada is maybe the best in-ring storyteller ever.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Wrestle Kingdom 1/4

HM: Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer (c), IWGP United States
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Will Ospreay (c), IWGP Junior Heavyweight
MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White (c), IWGP Intercontinental
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuchika Okada (c), IWGP Heavyweight

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer (c), IWGP United States
MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Will Ospreay (c), IWGP Junior Heavyweight
MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White (c), IWGP Intercontinental
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuchika Okada (c), IWGP Heavyweight

CMLL Sin Piedad - 1/1/2020

HM: Lucha de Apuestas - Caballera contra Caballera - Kawato vs. Dulce Gardenia
HM: CMLL World Tag Team Titles- Caristico & Mistico vs Cuatrero & Forastero

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Wrestle Kingdom 14 - 1.4.2020

HM:
Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi
FinJuice vs. G.o.D. - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title Match
Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White - IWGP Intercontinental Title Match

MOTY:
Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer - IWGP US Title Texas Deathmatch
Hiromu Takahashi vs. Will Ospreay - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match
Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuchika Okada - IWGP Heavyweight Title Match

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Punch McLightning posted:

FRESH THREAD

Is this on/going to be on DDT Universe?

Yep, show VOD is up there.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
HM -

Mox v Archer
Naito v White
FinJuice v Guerillas

MOTY

Okada v Ibushi
Takahashi v Ospreay

I wouldn't quite HM the 1st Liger retirement match, but I did love every second of it.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
HM - Darby Allin vs Cody - AEW 1/1

HM - Alex Colon vs Jimmy Lloyd - ICWNY No Holds Barred 1/4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gently caress me this night 1 of WK 14 is unreal

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Dimebags Brain posted:

HM: Ospreay/Hiromu
MOTYC: Okada/Ibushi

Came here to post this. Nthing this. The Jr match would've been a MOTYC but Okada and Ibushi was at a level above.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
MOTYC - Eric Ryan vs John Wayne Murdoch - ICWNY No Holds Barred 1/4

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

PublicOpinion posted:

Yep, show VOD is up there.

Thank you!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
WMOTYC: SHLAK-Necro Butcher - ICW No Holds Barred, 1/4/20

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Deathlove posted:

WMOTYC: SHLAK-Necro Butcher - ICW No Holds Barred, 1/4/20
Seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

HM - Moxley vs Archer, WK14
The camera angles did not help with how pulled a lot of offense was in this match. But there was some fun spots to make up for it.

MotYC - Ospreay vs Takahashi, WK14
The way this match flowed, just so smooth in the way they'd float over each other to position for spots (like the setup for the shooting star).

HM - White vs Naito, WK14
Cursed to follow the match of the night and hampered by too many Gedo spots.

MotYC - Okada vs Ibushi, WK14
Really took off after the "Ibushi loses his loving chill" spot, and they never slowed down. Some sickening strikes in here, Ibushi is such a strong striker.