Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kaddish posted:

Hackers are out in force today. Dude was blowing people up in Blackwater and later I was blowing up repeatedly until like 5 respawns. Of course, when I was able to spawn my horse was dead and I was promptly eaten by a bear. I decided to log off at that point.

The blowing up instantly after respawn I haven’t seen before.

Someone did that infinite blow up thing to me in Van Horn today (PC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Script kiddies getting their jollies out on their last weekend before going back to school. It will hopefully settle down afterwards as there weren't a lot of them prior to the holidays.

Reposting for the top of a new page: we added new roles and channels for console players on the Discord now since you all seem kind of lonely. Please feel free to come join us. I post the general dailies and Nazar's location every day, and I recently wrote up a starter guide for new players to the online scene. https://discord.gg/gvtTTnw

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

pmchem posted:

Someone did that infinite blow up thing to me in Van Horn today (PC).

As a bonus, when I log on again I'm sure I'll have to bay $5 to get my large camp back, because of course.

Also, this is totally anecdotal but earlier today I had the no animal spawn thing going on. When this was happening there were 24 people in the lobby. As soon as animal spawns returned to semi-normal I looked again and there were only 21. Not much later they disappeared again and the lobby was back to 24. Totally anecdotal but others have also noticed animal spawns tied to player count.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kaddish posted:

Hackers are out in force today.

Man, you weren't kidding. Got hit immediately logging on.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Me and a buddy completed a 6 person bounty with all alive and captured.

It still wasn’t worth a ton of money and we probably came out even with the cost of lost bolas but it was worth it twice over in feeling like a bad rear end riding a full bounty wagon into town.

I really should get to organizing a poker night or some goofy goon events. The most fun I have with my few buddies is just goofy stuff like dynamite arrow sniper wars or fisticuffs too close to a cliff edge and stuff. Random murder with your buddies is a lot more fun than perfect-accuracy jerk with a rolling block killing you from 200 yards until you parley.

It does get expensive in lost throwing weapons, though, but nailing someone with a hammer never gets old.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Man, you weren't kidding. Got hit immediately logging on.

Yeah, this happened to me a few days ago. Started the session and immediately had flaming logs fall on my head in the middle of the desert. Got killed a few times before I managed to get into defensive mode and jump into a story mission.

Surprisingly I haven't had too many issues seeing these guys in Free Roam events, but one dude had god mode on in Fool's Gold and had a hilarious 150~ points with 0 deaths.

I screenshotted it but Rockstar has the most obtuse method of reporting this poo poo so I didn't even bother.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
GTAV: installed

GTAO: connected

San Andreas Slasher: buttstroked with a PDW and executed while unconcious

Navy Revolver: Oh won't you take me, to Murdertown

RDO: connected

Lowry's Revolver: executed a running pronghorn from horseback :black101:

Gotta get offhand unlocked, as I need a second one for Josey Wales reasons.

Also bought a coat, at ridiculous price, just in time to not really need it for a while I expect.

Also snagged a Kladruber who I now realize I need to rename Hansgruber.

(If you were the player dragging a carcass behind your horse last night: sorry, it was on cinematic mode autopilot, please contact the Dragic Horse Company regarding reimbursement for this tragic yet unforseeable accident.)

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
the navy revolver just looks too good to consider using anything else

i love how long it is

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
I'm trying to level up Trader but it's going at a glacial pace. I maxed out the other roles in no time by just playing, but I haven't even cracked level 5 and I want that Hat Tip emote. Is there some way to get XP at a decent clip or is Trader just like this by design?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Eggplant Ronin posted:

I'm trying to level up Trader but it's going at a glacial pace. I maxed out the other roles in no time by just playing, but I haven't even cracked level 5 and I want that Hat Tip emote. Is there some way to get XP at a decent clip or is Trader just like this by design?

You’re definitely limited by your progress bars yeah. Make sure you do resupply missions instead of purchasing, if you aren’t already; they give a good chunk of xp.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Join delivery runs by other players and invite them with you on your resupply runs. If you get resupply runs where you have to steal bags of supplies, you get 500xp for every one that is turned in, up to 2000xp.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Ainsley McTree posted:

You’re definitely limited by your progress bars yeah. Make sure you do resupply missions instead of purchasing, if you aren’t already; they give a good chunk of xp.

Thank you! I totally overlooked the Resupply Mission thing.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Does killing the revenue agents during moonshine delivery missions up your moonshine exp? I’m wanting to say yes

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

I thought you get the same amount of trader XP per delivery run regardless of how many goods you're actually selling so running delivery missions as soon as it allows you to will rank up that role fast. Like if you're in it for the XP, getting a bigger wagon and waiting for it to fill all the way up is counterproductive.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Ash1138 posted:

I thought you get the same amount of trader XP per delivery run regardless of how many goods you're actually selling so running delivery missions as soon as it allows you to will rank up that role fast. Like if you're in it for the XP, getting a bigger wagon and waiting for it to fill all the way up is counterproductive.

This is true but it actually really makes the leveling feel like a grind. Like I said, make judicial use of posses. You can get a bunch of XP going on deliveries with other people too.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Transmogrifier posted:

This is true but it actually really makes the leveling feel like a grind. Like I said, make judicial use of posses. You can get a bunch of XP going on deliveries with other people too.

Is there an in-game option to set this up or is this something people coordinate on discord?

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

Is there an in-game option to set this up or is this something people coordinate on discord?

Sometimes you may see random open posses. You can try joining and seeing if they're doing a run. I think there's reddit threads where people can get social names so they can connect. Otherwise, yeah, hop on Discord. PC folks tend to run several a day.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Do fish count as carcasses in RDO? Looking to cheese some dailies...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
So how does the GTA Online thing to earn the stuff in RDO work? I thought it was a limited time thing and long over but apparently not? I guess I need to reinstall GTAO again...

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

DrNutt posted:

So how does the GTA Online thing to earn the stuff in RDO work? I thought it was a limited time thing and long over but apparently not? I guess I need to reinstall GTAO again...

As far as I know, the only 'unique' thing is that serial killer revolver. Which to be honest is ugly as gently caress. Everything else is stuff you can just get normally, such as the Double Action Revolver and the Collector Role.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

As far as I know, the only 'unique' thing is that serial killer revolver. Which to be honest is ugly as gently caress. Everything else is stuff you can just get normally, such as the Double Action Revolver and the Collector Role.

Don't care if it's ugly, does it gently caress?

Orv
May 4, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Don't care if it's ugly, does it gently caress?

It is marginally better than a regular, un-upgraded Navy Colt.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

It is marginally better than a regular, un-upgraded Navy Colt.

It has the same stats as a fully upgraded regular Navy Colt. So it saves you bucks.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ash1138 posted:

Large wagons give considerably more XP, but it's probably quicker to do more small deliveries.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

SplitSoul posted:

Large wagons give considerably more XP, but it's probably quicker to do more small deliveries.

Don't larger deliveries spawn more and tougher fights at the dropoff?

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Ygolonac posted:

Not really? I've only ever seen more bandits when there's more people on the run with you.

Kaizer
Apr 30, 2010
Looks like there used to be some cross promotion stuff for weapon skins but I don't know if they're still going on. If hackers are that bad today I might just get my serial killer revolver out of GTAO (though I imagine it'd be worse there). https://www.gtaboom.com/new-gta-5-rdr2-cross-promotion/

Orv
May 4, 2011

Transmogrifier posted:

It has the same stats as a fully upgraded regular Navy Colt. So it saves you bucks.

Yes but it is hideous beyond reason so it's effectively unusable. :colbert:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Maxed out all the roles and reached rank 112. What do I do for fun now besides spinning my revolvers like a lunatic?

Ygolonac posted:

Not in my experience.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Maxed out all the roles and reached rank 112. What do I do for fun now besides spinning my revolvers like a lunatic?

Find people in towns, tackle them, and take their hat and run away.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Presumable they'll have another expansion of some kind in march. Honestly, play some other game until the next content patch is released, no sense in burning out.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ygolonac posted:

The last few large deliveries I've done were a simple point A point B drive without a single fight :iiam:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Is there a Red Dead Online thread or is this it?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 10, 2020

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jesus they sure don’t make the last chapter fun to play or the missions enjoyable it’s just a slow descent into the inevitable pit of hell, made all the worse because Arthur is spreading tuberculosis on everyone and everything he’s trying to help.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Zesty posted:

Is there a Red Dead Online thread or is this it?

Yeah this is it.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

SplitSoul posted:

where do you get the spin revolver emote from? i've not been able to find it

also what's the best way to level up? all the cool poo poo is gated

Orv
May 4, 2011

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

where do you get the spin revolver emote from? i've not been able to find it

also what's the best way to level up? all the cool poo poo is gated

Bounty Hunter levels unlock the gun spinning tricks.

Full collection turn-ins is the fastest way to level up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man the disconnects in this game for me are out of control recently. I feel like I’m either in an empty boring lovely world or suddenly there are animals and trains and oh whoops, disconnected.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Man the disconnects in this game for me are out of control recently. I feel like I’m either in an empty boring lovely world or suddenly there are animals and trains and oh whoops, disconnected.

I have to contend with constant disconnects if I'm using my normal wireless router so I play on a mobile hotspot. I haven't tried it but some people have said directly connecting to the router via Ethernet cable has solved those problems for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Transmogrifier posted:

I have to contend with constant disconnects if I'm using my normal wireless router so I play on a mobile hotspot. I haven't tried it but some people have said directly connecting to the router via Ethernet cable has solved those problems for them.

That makes good sense but I’m already plugged in.