Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Spedman posted:

Bundaberg ginger beer with lemon myrtle is pretty good.

https://www.bundaberg.com/brew/ginger-beer-lemon-myrtle/

Yeah, I tried that for the first time last weekend and it's pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Beerchat: any West Australians who aren't all over Wilson brewery need to get on it. Their Lighthouse Session Ale is a fantastic mid strength and their Rough Seas Pale Ale is legit one of the best beers I've had, at 5.8% too

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Merry Crimbo footy fans

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Merry holidays cunts

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Aldi ginger beer is pretty good btw, even the diet version

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Aldi ginger beer is pretty good btw, even the diet version

Royal Jamaican Ginger Beer is the gingeryest ginger beer and I love it.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

NPR Journalizard posted:

Royal Jamaican Ginger Beer is the gingeryest ginger beer and I love it.

That sounds like exactly what I’m after in a ginger beer

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
80,000 at the 'G on the first day of the test. I wonder how many seats they tore out for the wanky bar in M13.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

monolithburger posted:

80,000 at the 'G on the first day of the test. I wonder how many seats they tore out for the wanky bar in M13.

Crash Craddock reckons Adelaide Oval is the #1 test ground in Australia now

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

monolithburger posted:

$195 a ticket for Bay 13

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

Beerchat: any West Australians who aren't all over Wilson brewery need to get on it. Their Lighthouse Session Ale is a fantastic mid strength and their Rough Seas Pale Ale is legit one of the best beers I've had, at 5.8% too

Wilson is great. Perth / SW Australia is drowning in great craft beers

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

cmndstab posted:

Brett Burton is pissed at having been portrayed as one of the key problems at the Crows, and sued them over the size of his payout. They've apparently settled out of court.

The Crows have been horribly run the past decade. Wonder if the latest clear out will actually fix anything

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Hard to say, really. The fact that the review found several issues which had apparently not been noticed by the top people at the club, but the top people at the club are all still there, is obviously concerning. If those people had managed to overlook issues which an external review found in a matter of weeks, why are they still around?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

Hard to say, really. The fact that the review found several issues which had apparently not been noticed by the top people at the club, but the top people at the club are all still there, is obviously concerning. If those people had managed to overlook issues which an external review found in a matter of weeks, why are they still around?

Rob Chapman is leaving at the end of 2020, so that's one of those people gone, and arguably the key person still remaining who shouldn't be.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Even that is kind of weird, though. He's stated that he is the best person to stay in the role going forward (which, really? You oversaw the club to the point that it had enough problems to warrant an external review to tell you how to fix it, not to mention overseeing the Tippett saga), but he's not actually going to stay in the role going forward, just for the next year or so. If he's going to move on that soon, why not just do it now when we're in the midst of making a clean break from our past issues?

Hopefully we're just treating it as an opportunity to target a quality replacement over the course of twelve months.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

cmndstab posted:

Even that is kind of weird, though. He's stated that he is the best person to stay in the role going forward (which, really? You oversaw the club to the point that it had enough problems to warrant an external review to tell you how to fix it, not to mention overseeing the Tippett saga), but he's not actually going to stay in the role going forward, just for the next year or so. If he's going to move on that soon, why not just do it now when we're in the midst of making a clean break from our past issues?

Hopefully we're just treating it as an opportunity to target a quality replacement over the course of twelve months.

That sort of statement is usually more a face saving exercise than based on what anyone in the organisation considers to be factual. The club doesn’t look as much like they’ve had a dud at the helm for the entire time and the ceo doesn’t look as much like he hosed everything up.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Rance and his wife are splitting up/getting a divorce.

Rance is a JW nutter, and said his retirement was to spend time with his family and focus on religion. And given JWs are hardocre they only allow divorce if someone has been sleeping around.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

drunkill posted:

Rance and his wife are splitting up/getting a divorce.

Rance is a JW nutter, and said his retirement was to spend time with his family and focus on religion. And given JWs are hardocre they only allow divorce if someone has been sleeping around.

And then these all the other rumours being made up around none of his now ex-team mates making posts on social media about his retirement, and apparently Jack Riewoldt unfollowing him in Instagram and then quickly refollowing him when people noticed.

This bullshit is waisting space in my brain, it’s now waisting space in yours, you’re welcome.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Magnificent

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Spedman posted:

And then these all the other rumours being made up around none of his now ex-team mates making posts on social media about his retirement, and apparently Jack Riewoldt unfollowing him in Instagram and then quickly refollowing him when people noticed.

This bullshit is waisting space in my brain, it’s now waisting space in yours, you’re welcome.

What has this got to do with my waist? Do you mean waste?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

You Am I posted:

Great comment, spot on Lingy

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

You Am I posted:

I’ll let you figure this puzzle out :shrug:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Rance strikes me as the kind of guy who is going to implode spectacularly post-career, Ben Cousins style.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Benny imploded in his career though, just FYI

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Spedman posted:

Higgin's missus has spoken out against the rumours circulating and holy moley the FB comments, who would ever want to be involved in that side of sporting celebrity

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Premierships in the 2010s:

Hawthorn 3
Richmond 2
Collingwood 1
Geelong 1
Sydney 1
Western Bulldogs 1
West Coast 1

Not too bad I guess.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Two professional footballers

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6yvK4YFubX/

I wish these forums could parse instagram links

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/ncb_cfc/status/1212954278844719105?s=20

Bucks for PM

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Who was his empathy coach? Asking for a friend

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bloody hell

https://twitter.com/MelbourneAFLW/status/1213644245824724993?s=19

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Sloane getting her round 1 ACL appointment in early this year I see

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Yet again I am disappointed by why Sam Newman is trending on twitter. Really thought this could have been the one.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yet again I am disappointed by why Sam Newman is trending on twitter. Really thought this could have been the one.

I was going to guess :biotruths: over the ACLs but nope, he's found a new way to be a shitheel boomer

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Really disappointed for Smith, she's gotten better every season to be a really good player for us

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

NTRabbit posted:

I was going to guess :biotruths: over the ACLs but nope, he's found a new way to be a shitheel boomer

Hey man, its tough sitting in your ivory Dockland's penthouse as the wafts of smoke haze drift below you and people dare criticise your tax break.

I mean have you tried driving your Lamborghini around in those conditions?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

What did the fuckwit say this time?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NPR Journalizard posted:

What did the fuckwit say this time?

https://twitter.com/Origsmartassam/status/1213577320725798912

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, GLOBEHEADS

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Chairchucker posted:

lol

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, GLOBEHEADS

Let me reference extreme minority sources with obvious agendas or corporate links as my facts and proof then completely ignore any debate disagreeing with said sources, how dare you question these things when PEOPLE ARE DYING. Goddamn libtards.

I may or may not be directly referencing morons from bigfooty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

lol

Also, living in the Docklands will make anyone miserable