Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/DesutroyedMe/status/1210970730868957185

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czuC1LWcPMc
It's actually fascinating to watch the scene as-recorded, because it really shows just how hard it was to put it all together.

This is not Mel Torme...

“Europe on Five Qaaludes a Day” oh my god :laffo:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

She's turned out pretty good for a child star and showbiz legacy. Maybe putting yourself in mortal danger on a near daily basis has a moderating effect.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Beachcomber posted:

She's turned out pretty good for a child star and showbiz legacy. Maybe putting yourself in mortal danger on a near daily basis has a moderating effect.

I think it's because she shares that massive amount of passion for the world that her father had. He only had the show and stuff to expose more to nature and the need to conserve it.

It's awesome to see Steve's legacy carry on.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

In retrospect I feel bad at laughing about him getting killed by a stingray. His heart was too big and good for the word.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

TK-42-1 posted:

In retrospect I feel bad at laughing about him getting killed by a stingray. His heart was too big and good for the word.

I genuinely don’t know if this was an additional stab at Steve or not.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

TK-42-1 posted:

It's exactly how he would have wanted to go.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mierenneuker posted:

These songs are perfectly understandable to people with severe ADHD after using a massive quantity of LSD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsdBgQqBfsM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEhzAfiOl_c&t=208s

Edit: timestamped the second song because I forgot it takes a while to get going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3Wli2kBg4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TK-42-1 posted:

If he heart was a little smaller the stingray might have missed.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

TK-42-1 posted:

He was a genuinely nice guy who was passionate about good things and despite his fame, had no ego or arrogance.

Maybe you wouldn't have wanted to share a small car with him on a long journey, but it's fair to say he was a Good Man.

(He was in a movie and what excited him most about getting the leading role was that he could have all the free shirts and shorts that he wanted)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shut up Meg posted:

(He was in a movie and what excited him most about getting the leading role was that he could have all the free shirts and shorts that he wanted)

oh my god this is the most charming thing I've ever read about him

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

dialhforhero posted:

I genuinely don’t know if this was an additional stab at Steve or not.
:vince:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Sir this is a nice thread with kind inhabitants and you are clearly transporting dumbass lol no effort anime bullshit without a permit across state lines

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Screaming Idiot posted:

oh my god this is the most charming thing I've ever read about him

Yeah it’s great and completely on brand.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TK-42-1 posted:

I like to think he had a good enough sense of humor that he'd see the fun in spending his life taunting venomous creatures and reptile monsters only to get taken out by a random small critter. He'd probably use it to teach us all a great lesson on how we need to respect all animals great and small.

And like Norm MacDonald said-- "44, that's a ripe old age for a Crocodile Hunter."

And sure this is some YT Disney-owned poo poo, but ngl it's pretty telling they could barely come up with true disses for Irwin while Cousteau got burnt top to back in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-QjRTz-TII

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Stingrays get pretty big

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Let's be real, if he were still alive by now Steve Irwin would've exposed some sort of lovely political views on social media and everyone would've turned on him.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

If we're posting European commercials for English Instruction, this is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmOTpIVxji8

I think sink about this ad often.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

bike tory posted:

Let's be real, if he were still alive by now Steve Irwin would've exposed some sort of lovely political views on social media and everyone would've turned on him.

He seems like the rare breed of dude to specifically not.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

I'm absolutely ready for the era of Era memes.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

bike tory posted:

I can't see anyone caring that much about wildlife supporting the slash and burn side of politics.

And Bindi vocally supported marriage equality when it was up for a vote down there.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

bike tory posted:

Yeah, no. By all accounts Steve Irwin was up there with men like Fred Rogers and Chuck Tingle in being just genuinely good dudes who just want(ed) to make the world a better place for everybody.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

bike tory posted:

What makes you so sure?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

What makes you so sure?

Australian.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Detective No. 27 posted:

He seems like the rare breed of dude to specifically not.

Watch his interview with Conan O’Brien where he is appalled by the word fanny and just will not go there.

Apparently it’s like the C word in Oz.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Inceltown posted:

Stingrays get pretty big

That looks like a manta ray, not a stingray.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I--you know what, fair

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://imgur.com/gallery/yOvLZQN

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Besesoth posted:

Yeah, no. By all accounts Steve Irwin was up there with men like Fred Rogers and Chuck Tingle in being just genuinely good dudes who just want(ed) to make the world a better place for everybody.

i like that you categorize dr tingle with mr rogers, but its pretty clear that chuck tingle doesnt like republicans and in fact hes p. vocal about it, unless im projecting or something. dont get me wrong, this doesnt make chuck a bad person.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Worse than that. A Queenslander.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I cannot believe you are putting Fred Rodgers on the same level of a guy that writes 5 page gimmick e-books.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Johnny Aztec posted:

I cannot believe you are putting Fred Rodgers on the same level of a guy that writes 5 page gimmick e-books.

Both are true buckaroos

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingorc posted:

Both are true buckaroos

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

theflyingorc posted:

Both are true buckaroos

Your standards are incredibly low then if all it takes is a " X pounded in the butt by Y" meme to gain your loyalty.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Chuck Tingle is actually a very good wholesome person, rights activist, and all-around good person that donates a ton of money and time to good causes and events.

Legitimately, the books are just a moneymaking cover for the good he does.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
i think mr rogers would appreciate chuck tingle, and i don't think he would appreciate gatekeeping or snobbery :)

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

razorrozar posted:

i think mr rogers would appreciate chuck tingle, and i don't think he would appreciate gatekeeping or snobbery :)

I would pay a lot of money to hear Fred Rogers interview Chuck Tingle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or vice versa