Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Gromit posted:

For Morse code, I recommend using a decoding tree like this one. When you hear a dot move left and down, and dashes move you to the right. So dot dash dash dash is J, dash dot dash is K, for example. Much quicker to decode if you don't actually know it by heart (and pretty much no-one does, statistically).

Because I’m childish, the first thing that this made clear to me is that “poo poo” is lots of dots then a single dash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any thoughts on Transport Fever 2? I absolutely loved Open TTD back in the day and this looks to be kind of in the same vein. A lot of the reviews say not a lot changed from this game and the original but I never played the original so I'm thinking about checking this out.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
To bandwagon on this, what is the best of the current crop of railroad/transport tycoon games? I'm much more interested in the (preferably competitive) economic aspect of these games rather than fussing over rail signals and stuff.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

zedprime posted:

An intrepid player would find they can rewrite the defusal manual entirely in a way people can read it. Most of the schtick is its intentionally obtuse.

No doubt, but if that one part of it is making you not play the entire game, this helps you over that hurdle.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
It worked out nicely as a mobile VR app and having the manual on a tablet for the other person playing. Not being able to see what the person in VR is seeing added to the challenge. Didn't get into the more insane levels of it though. It's a fun concept but requires someone you get along with to be any kind of fun.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Gromit posted:

No doubt, but if that one part of it is making you not play the entire game, this helps you over that hurdle.
As someone who found the morse code part the most frustrating, I never found the decoding speed to be nearly as much of an issue as correctly counting dots and distinguishing spaces between the letters.

It was a fun time overall, though.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I love taking horses to water.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How the gently caress did you make them drink?!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The vehicle physics in rear end Creed are so poo poo Lowtax should stream it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Hwurmp posted:

How the gently caress did you make them drink?!

At that point they don't really have an option, do they

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Humble is selling the Mass Effect trilogy for :10bux: but no 2/3 dlc included. I’d rented 1 and borrowed 3, I’d love the full set on PC but have a revulsion to incomplete sets. Gimme what I want, EA!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fifteen of Many posted:

Humble is selling the Mass Effect trilogy for :10bux: but no 2/3 dlc included. I’d rented 1 and borrowed 3, I’d love the full set on PC but have a revulsion to incomplete sets. Gimme what I want, EA!

They sell DLC bundles on Origin these days, which is a step up from only being able to buy them from BioWare’s site. I imagine there will be a Complete Trilogy Edition in 5 years or so!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Oh hey a rare achievement with a golden border that's-

oh

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.origin.com/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-2/addon/mass-effect-2-dlc-bundle
https://www.origin.com/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-3/addon/mass-effect-3-dlc-bundle

They are actually on a decent sale atm as far as the Mass Effect DLCs go, something that doesn't happen too often :smith:
The base trilogy has been :tenbux: as long as I can think.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 4, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Oh hey a rare achievement with a golden border that's-

oh

Brigador?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yup, Brigador.

The few! The proud! The war criminals!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it is 2020 and I have only just learned that Steam trading cards have artwork attached to them

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
started playing The Messenger last week, just got past the part where the guys did the thing

its writing is this weird mix of tedious irony and surprisingly insightful pithiness and i can't quite get a grip on it. platforming's top-notch, though!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

Yup, Brigador.

The few! The proud! The war criminals!

gently caress yeah. Are the glowy achievements new?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Oxxidation posted:

started playing The Messenger last week, just got past the part where the guys did the thing

its writing is this weird mix of tedious irony and surprisingly insightful pithiness and i can't quite get a grip on it. platforming's top-notch, though!

had to put the game down after I found the shopkeeper's rant

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Truant posted:

gently caress yeah. Are the glowy achievements new?

Glowing achievements were a part of the library update.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sonel posted:

Glowing achievements were a part of the library update.

Word, thanks!

I always love seeing Brigador stuff pop up cause I'm good friends with a handful of the creators(two of them are on these forums somewhere...) and like sharing people enjoying war crimes.

Brigador Killers is gonna be goddamn :kiss:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
There is no pride or sense of accomplishment here

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm playing Risk of Rain 2 and there's a ton of items everywhere, but you don't seem to be able to tell what they do until you pick them up. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to memorize what all of these items do? It's exacerbated in multiplayer where I have to keep asking people what items do, for instance at a 3D printer.

Yep, welcome to roguelikes dude!

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

pseudorandom name posted:

discordgoons.com in the OP is some domain squatter.

It appears to have moved here:
https://goondiscordnetwork.com/

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I just played Generation Zero with my cousin for several hours, and gently caress I love this beautiful mess of a game. Sure it's glitchy and janky, and sure the woeful shallowness of the pool of art assets is glaringly obvious a lot of the time, but gently caress it, it's fun as poo poo and has loads of heart and character.
I love that despite the silly premise, the mood and feel of the game is very grounded and realistic in a sense, and the 80s rural Sweden look is very authentic (aforementioned art asset woes notwithstanding).
I love that the story of what the gently caress happened is there for you to piece together at your own pace and not spelled out at you with unavoidable exposition and cutscenes and poo poo.
I love the designs of the machines and I love how fighting them can go perfectly smoothly one time and spiral into a complete clusterfuck the next.
I love how it absolutely kills the old shooter lithmus test of "is the shotgun good" because holy gently caress is the shotgun in this game satisfying to shoot.

Lastly, I love its absolute goddamn banger of a main theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JQQmCPmNco

One of my favourite co-op games ever, easily.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Nordick posted:

I just played Generation Zero with my cousin for several hours, and gently caress I love this beautiful mess of a game.

This is another fun-looking game my friends and I would love, but doesn't support 6 players so we will never buy it :(

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sayonara Wild Hearts is something special. Rhythm based auto-runner with an addictive soundtrack and oodles of style. Incredible.

EDIT: The game has no options to tone down colours/flashing lights, in case you're sensitive to that!

Artelier fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 5, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wamdoodle posted:

had to put the game down after I found the shopkeeper's rant

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't find the shopkeep annoying, even in Annoyed Spiel Mode

In fact I pretty much loved all the dialogue :shobon:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
For anyone who's unaware, if you 'permanently' delete a game from your account, you can just re-enter the support area and search for it to restore it to your account. You don't need to rebuy it...

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Holy moly I have Shadow of War, nuHitman and Outer Wilds on rotation right now and these games are so goddamn good, I feel like I hit some sort of gaming nirvana. Too bad world war 3 is about to hit off and take it all away.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Artelier posted:

Sayonara Wild Hearts is something special. Rhythm based auto-runner with an addictive soundtrack and oodles of style. Incredible.

I was looking at this one, but from the video it looks like it has a ton of flashing lights, which would give me a headache after five minutes. Does it have any options to tone that down?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Gromit posted:

This is another fun-looking game my friends and I would love, but doesn't support 6 players so we will never buy it :(

If more than four in my friend group buy a game, we just use that as an opportunity to play more often with a full group because everyone is busy one way or another, so getting together a full group is always tricky. I might be slightly envious of you and your friends amount of free time.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

BobTheJanitor posted:

I was looking at this one, but from the video it looks like it has a ton of flashing lights, which would give me a headache after five minutes. Does it have any options to tone that down?

Popped in to check, and it doesn't, sorry. :( Definitely a no go if you can't handle tons of flashing lights and colours.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Albinator posted:

Because I’m childish, the first thing that this made clear to me is that “poo poo” is lots of dots then a single dash.

Gotta eat more fibre, my friend

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

https://twitter.com/carolynmichelle/status/1213632283493593088

It's happening!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Samuringa posted:

There is no pride or sense of accomplishment here

Only sorrow?

Quick, everybody don't look at your hours played!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mattstark256/status/1213156890475212800

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ciaphas posted:

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't find the shopkeep annoying, even in Annoyed Spiel Mode

In fact I pretty much loved all the dialogue :shobon:

I loved it too, I thought the writing was the particularly only good part about the game since the gameplay was nothing special and infact mediocre halfway through at best, but I liked the writing and story to finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Fat Samurai posted:

Does anyone have an opinion on Wildermyth? It looks X-Com with weird abilities and "organic" character customization.
It's good. The combat's basically X-Com, but the real strength is all the events and such that can happen to your characters along the way. Plus the pop-up book art style works really well with what they're trying to do.