Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
The second season of You is some of the worst tv I have ever watched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

old.flv posted:

Turn on your TV lol

E: alternatively yes, you are the worst thing I've watched

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

old.flv posted:

yeah this show got really loving confused about what its supposed to be about

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You is just about an old soul trying to find love in this mixed up modern world of ours. How would've faired quite well in the 1800s.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

mike12345 posted:

Is the second season of Man in the High Castle worth watching?
It was my favorite of the show's run. Felt super confident and well-paced. If the first episode of that season doesn't grab you the rest of it probably won't, though.

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014

old.flv posted:

Yeah, it’s a huge disappointment. Aside from the last 2 episodes, it’s nowhere as compelling as S1. There’s wayyyyy to much going on this season and all the subplots are not great. The only bright spot has been Ellie’s character, she’s a good contrast to the sad boy from S1

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Did Hulu purposely bury Reprisal ?

I guess it came out a month ago but I heard nothing about it. Caught a trailer on YouTube and I'm digging it a lot. It has Ron Perlman!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
watched sweetheart last night. its dull, boring, and cheap. the three actors are awful. if you like uncompelling syfy-budget monster movies, watch it. otherwise skip

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

That Works posted:

Turn on your TV lol

E: alternatively yes, you are the worst thing I've watched

:wrongcity:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The Witcher was fun but the whole season felt like prologue to me. Hopefully the second season will slow down a bit, get into some of the nitty gritty of monster hunting and build some characters and locales further so I feel... something when events happen that the score indicates are important.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Ammanas posted:

watched sweetheart last night. its dull, boring, and cheap. the three actors are awful. if you like uncompelling syfy-budget monster movies, watch it. otherwise skip

I liked it. It's a tight little 90 minute creature feature that (one bad puppet shot aside) looks better than its budget. The reveal of the monster is a genuinely great shot, even though I felt like it was a little telegraphed.

It's not an amazing film, but it's definitely worth a watch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. I didn't think it was bad at all. It's not remarkable but it's a fun little monster movie. I thought the lead was good too, although her friends did kind of suck.

That said I have no idea why it's sitting @ a 93% on RT.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Tim Whatley posted:

Did Hulu purposely bury Reprisal ?

I guess it came out a month ago but I heard nothing about it. Caught a trailer on YouTube and I'm digging it a lot. It has Ron Perlman!

The season ends like a wet fart, easily one of the more disappointing things I have seen on tv this year.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I watched the Witcher episode with the hedge hog soldier. It's the only one I've seen, and I wasn't impressed. It was kind of absurd, with The Witcher and peeps killing dozens of people to protect the one hedgehog warrior, only for everyone to try and hash it out, and then a wind vortex happened? Because of the princess? Some guy downs a potion like a 5 Hour Energy shot so he can fight against the wind vortex? Then it stops? There was somehow 40 minutes left of the episode, so we stopped watching it. My friends love it, though, and one of them started playing Witcher 3 because of it. It's a bit too nonsensical and melodramatic for me. The insect dog with sword hands was pretty cool, though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Witcher basically take drugs to enhance himself when doing jobs, that's just one such occasion except it was an emergency. You also see him doing it before going after the vukodlak which turns out to be a striga. I kinda like they don't explain this outright.

The situation also stopped because Queen Calanthe said everything is fine now and in a feudal society like theirs whatever the royalty says goes.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

The situation also stopped because Queen Calanthe said everything is fine now and in a feudal society like theirs whatever the royalty says goes.

Which is pretty funny, cuz that means all those soldiers died for literally no reason other then the Queen's a fickle rear end in a top hat who loves drama.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Franchescanado posted:

Which is pretty funny, cuz that means all those soldiers died for literally no reason other then the Queen's a fickle rear end in a top hat who loves drama.

world history.txt

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Franchescanado posted:

I watched the Witcher episode with the hedge hog soldier. It's the only one I've seen, and I wasn't impressed. It was kind of absurd, with The Witcher and peeps killing dozens of people to protect the one hedgehog warrior, only for everyone to try and hash it out, and then a wind vortex happened? Because of the princess? Some guy downs a potion like a 5 Hour Energy shot so he can fight against the wind vortex? Then it stops? There was somehow 40 minutes left of the episode, so we stopped watching it. My friends love it, though, and one of them started playing Witcher 3 because of it. It's a bit too nonsensical and melodramatic for me. The insect dog with sword hands was pretty cool, though.

They’ve said they used The Last Wish as heavy inspiration for the series, which was a collection of short stories that were just retellings of Grimm Fairy Tales with the Witcher inserted into it.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
How's the beefcake, though?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Enos Cabell posted:

I mostly enjoyed it, but not as much as I would have enjoyed a new stand-up special. Several of the songs were really annoying, and it didn't do anything that Wonder Showzen didn't pull off much better.

This is somewhat true, but it also doesn't have the absurdly ill-advised idea to have a running segment where they hassle homeless people until they get mad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Netflix Doom movie is a goddamn abomination

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It's not technically a Netflix movie. It was direct to video, they expected people to actually pay for it.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

It was my favorite of the show's run. Felt super confident and well-paced. If the first episode of that season doesn't grab you the rest of it probably won't, though.

I adore Julianna Crain as a main character, and I liked S2 but felt it got kinda sidetracked in S3. I was okay with the show's conclusion, which is apparently an unpopular opinion. (also replying to this post to mention that I like your frontpage posts and you're the only SA writer other than Zack I read)

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

AngryBooch posted:

The Witcher was fun but the whole season felt like prologue to me. Hopefully the second season will slow down a bit, get into some of the nitty gritty of monster hunting and build some characters and locales further so I feel... something when events happen that the score indicates are important.

I felt that way too. At first I didn't like Cavill as Geralt, but by the end of the first episode I was completely sold; he even affects the gravelly voice like he's Christian Bale Batman. It just doesn't feel like any ancillary character except Ciri is going to matter (I say this as someone who has never finished a single Witcher game so I have no idea who will inevitably matter, except I assume Triss will show up more). It was fun but lacked... I dunno, a major driving conflict? I think it'd benefit from being more serial than episodic; yeah there's an ongoing plot but the two important storylines never intersect until the final moment of the show. How the relationship between Geralt and his semi-daughter-who-is-magic would turn out was the most interesting part of it to me, and apparently that's only going to happen in S2.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

K. Waste posted:

How's the beefcake, though?

Cavill isn't really cut in that dehydrated Hugh Jackman way, he's just loving big. Like in the scenes in taverns, it's ridiculous how much bigger he is than normal people, and the costuming/armour just make him seem so thick.

There is at least one bathtub scene. Lots of boobs, no peen though, so that sucks.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
I know Christmas was a few days ago, but I watched Klaus yesterday.

I'm really glad I did. The animation's gorgeous. Each frame is a work of art. The movie is a lot of fun as well. Lots of jokes and a heartwarming story. Highly recommend!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Klaus ruled. It was a pretty inventive addition to Christmas animation.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I watched My Name is Dolemite yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Murphy is good, Snipes is good (those looks! The very end of his first scene was priceless), the supporting cast was good... I was also happy that there wasn’t an “overcoming racism” or “white savior” subplot; it’s mainly a bunch of African Americans succeeding on their own merits.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
I watched Good Time and Low Tide on prime last night.

Loved Good Time. Reminded me of a Saulnier joint but less gruesome. Definitely the best heist caper movie I've seen in a minute.

Low Tide was a good throwback (but darker) coming of age movie. If you don't have anything else to watch on prime, you probably won't regret watching it

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

anime tupac posted:

I felt that way too. At first I didn't like Cavill as Geralt, but by the end of the first episode I was completely sold; he even affects the gravelly voice like he's Christian Bale Batman. It just doesn't feel like any ancillary character except Ciri is going to matter (I say this as someone who has never finished a single Witcher game so I have no idea who will inevitably matter, except I assume Triss will show up more). It was fun but lacked... I dunno, a major driving conflict? I think it'd benefit from being more serial than episodic; yeah there's an ongoing plot but the two important storylines never intersect until the final moment of the show. How the relationship between Geralt and his semi-daughter-who-is-magic would turn out was the most interesting part of it to me, and apparently that's only going to happen in S2.

My favorite part of the series was keeping true to the original short story compilation and have the Witcher straight up slaughter Snow White and the Seven Dwarves in the first episode.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

My favorite part of the series was keeping true to the original short story compilation and have the Witcher straight up slaughter Snow White and the Seven Dwarves in the first episode.

Is that what that was supposed to be?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

david_a posted:

I watched My Name is Dolemite yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Murphy is good, Snipes is good (those looks! The very end of his first scene was priceless), the supporting cast was good... I was also happy that there wasn’t an “overcoming racism” or “white savior” subplot; it’s mainly a bunch of African Americans succeeding on their own merits.

It's such a good flick! I'm glad Eddie Murphy is trying to do cool poo poo again. Everyone else in it is great too

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm reading that Dracula on Netflix is pretty bad. Anyone have a different take?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It sucks!

e:. Actually it bites.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

beanieson posted:

Is that what that was supposed to be?

Yeah, Renfri was a princess taken into the woods to be killed by a huntsman under orders from Renfri's stepmother and her wizard. But the huntsman lets her live and eventually Renfri ends up teaming up with 7 traveling companions. The Last Wish is just stories about Geralt finding himself in fairy tales.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
That makes it pretty funny that they cast Emma Appleton for the role.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

wormil posted:

I'm reading that Dracula on Netflix is pretty bad. Anyone have a different take?

I felt rather drained after watching the first episode. Its set in 2020, but doesn't really make enough changes to the story to reflect that. They did change Van Helsing, but the character is handled extremely poorly. Also, there is some hilariously bad cg in the show.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Dracula isn’t hot so I’m not watching it :(

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Both Kill Bills are up on Netflix. I should prolly watch those, right?

PS all alien movies are on HBO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Kill Bill's good, if extremely self-indulgent. It's not the best Tarantino movie but it's a strong contender for the most Tarantino movie. :v: