Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which happens first?
This poll is closed.
Luffy becomes the Pirate King 9 8.26%
Asta becomes the Wizard King 5 4.59%
Deku becomes the Symbol Of Peace 10 9.17%
Shippuden stops airing 8 7.34%
We all die 77 70.64%
Total: 109 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Funky Valentine posted:

I would've been just as loving terrible because Bleach was bad.

Bleach was bad, but I felt it was a fun, stupid bad that was an absolute joy to mock the hell out of. Contrast, say, Shippuden or Tokyo Ghoul or Black Clover.

:rip: Gen, and his penis analogy magic sword powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Bleach wouldn't have been bad if Kubo could do more than one kind of story.

Let Togashi write Bleach and Kubo do the art, works around both their weaknesses.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Probably Magic posted:

Bleach wouldn't have been bad if Kubo could do more than one kind of story.

Let Togashi write Bleach and Kubo do the art, works around both their weaknesses.

The world would run out of black ink in like a month if it had to accommodate Togashi's wrodswordswordswords and Kubo's propensity to just dump black ink on a page and call it a background.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Bleach was bad, but I felt it was a fun, stupid bad that was an absolute joy to mock the hell out of. Contrast, say, Shippuden or Tokyo Ghoul or Black Clover.

Bleach probably means more to me because I started watching it during a particularly formative time in my life, so my judgement is probably clouded by that.

I still miss it like hell though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I had fun making fun of Tokyo Ghoul. :(

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Hey y'all, I just came back from family vacation. What'd you guys all watch on Goonami since the 20th?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

dungeon cousin posted:

Hey y'all, I just came back from family vacation. What'd you guys all watch on Goonami since the 20th?

Of December? We showed The Hero Yoshihiko Season 1 (again). This week we're starting a new series, and since Waffle wanted a little break, I managed to make Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai happen finally!

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Arist posted:

Of December? We showed The Hero Yoshihiko Season 1 (again). This week we're starting a new series, and since Waffle wanted a little break, I managed to make Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai happen finally!

Thanks! How much did you guys get through of Luluco?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Looking forward to this. I've heard great things about it but never got around to checking the show out myself

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

LAST TIME ON TOONAMI:

MHA- Nighteye calls in a bunch of heroes to discuses the best way to take down the Yakuza and save Eri. Eraser Head asks Sir Nighteye to use his foresight to gain information, however, Nighteye refuses because he might view someone's imminent death.

Dr.Stone-Senku's father, Byakuya heads into space,alongside cosmonaut Shamil Volkov and American songstress Lillian Weinburg, joining fellow crew members Connie, Dalia, and Yakov. Then the world was turned to stone.

OPM-Monsters want complete control and challenge the heroes to an all out brawl. Meanwhile Garou heads to a shack to rest. He meets up with that kid with the hero encyclopedia. Some heroes track him down, and they have a battle.

Fire Force-Company 8 heads out to find the White-Clad in the abandoned subway tunnels of Tokyo. Everyone ends up separated, and they end up battling some members of the White-Clad.

Food Wars-Miyoko scores 87 points with her pineapple cha-han, while Yuki gets 86 points for her wild game curry. , the Aldini brothers face off against each othe.rAlice presents her deconstructed curry dish 95 points and taking the lead. Megumi presents her dish, monkfish dobu-jiru, which emphasises the taste of her hometown, earning her 88 points and landing her a spot in the main tournament.

Demon Slayer-Tanjiro manages to defeat Yahaba, one of the Twelve Kizuki.

Black Clover- Elves or some poo poo.

JoJo-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhW16s-uZZw

Naruto-The suffering won't end until 2025.

Rerun: The Promised Neverland and AOT.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\
you motherFUCKER I spent a lot of time typing this thing up and trying to come up with a plot summary for a show that doesn't exist

Since tonight is the first Toonami of the year, and the previous 2 weeks were both marathons of previously aired material, it's probably for the best to have a quick recap

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

My Hero Academia: The local yakuza (who all dress like plague doctors) have been distributing the loving Bliss Bullets from Far Cry 5, except instead of LSD they're loaded with poo poo what shuts off your quirk for a while if you're shot with it, and obviously this has ImplicationsTM for the future of street crime. Also, they've pretty clearly been powering this little venture with a forsaken child, much like the Joy Can and the PS3's Cell Processor. Also also, the League of Dipshits is vaguely interested with setting up some kind of alliance with Plague Doctors Local 837.

Dr. Stone: So, do you remember how the village we've been hanging out at/doing all this plot stuff for had anachronistic knowledge of pre-apocalyptic pop culture, despite all the villagers having clearly been born well after the end of the world? And how it turned out the village had the same name as Senku's last name? It turns out that Senku's dad was actually an astronaut, and was aboard the ISS with 4 other people when the rest of the world made the mistake of getting into a staring contest with a cockatrice.

One Punch Man: It turns out that that bigass Day of the Monster stuff was a show of force by the League of Monsters, who want to take over the world. The plan is to use that kidnapped bougie kid as bait to force the biggest heroes to commit to a poorly-conceived rescue plan that will probably get most of them killed. The one snag that nobody is aware of, though, is that the League of Monsters lair... is basically down the block from Saitama's apartment

Fire Force: We think the Templar base is underneath the Kiln of the First Flame, so we're going to sneak through the New Londo Ruins to get there. And if you thought we were gonna do that anime thing where we just beat people into a 6-month stay in the ICU, you're loving mistaken, because we absolutely just caved a dude's skull in until you could literally see his brains leaking out onto the ground.

Food Wars: We're doing some kind of Iron Chef thing where the special ingredient is the spice melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is necessary for interstellar travel. Anyway, there's like two different food coliseums where this has been going down, and one of the judges in Coliseum B (where Souma is competing) is being a real bitch and constantly scoring everything 0. She's really bringing the mood down, man.

Demon Slayer: So, Michael Jackson (yes, he's in this show) sent two (what I'm gonna presume to be) Barons of Hell after us, one of whom has dodgeball powers and the other has eyes in his hands, and it turns out that demons can totally just tank getting their heads evaporated by dodgeballs. Nezuko tried to circumvent normal tournament rules by kicking a dodgeball to return the serve and got her leg taken off at the knee for trying, and literally the last thing to happen before we went to winter break was DECAPITATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Skullcrusher Mountain: Honestly, the plot has kind of turned into an indecipherable Gordian Knot of narrative elements at this point, mostly because of chronology shenanigans involving both the Serpent Scepter of Time and the Rebar of rear end-Beating. However, if the resolution of the Hog Waste Lagoon arc was any indication, the writers are probably gonna just snap their fingers, tell us that everything was resolved off-screen, and then do a thing where we spend 5 episodes 2 arcs from now in an elaborate flashback that explains everything, including the parts that directly contradict each other, so I wouldn't really worry about it right now. The only important details at the moment are that A) Dietrich is now Lord Commander of the Knights of the Vale, and B) Napoleon Babbin-Tolouse was the one who sent the dragon to wipe out the Derbin clan while the Cuylers were raiding their marijuana stockpile.

Jojo Pt. 5: We're heading to Treasure Island to find a poo poo-ton of cash, but on the way there, we were attacked by an enemy [stand]. Then this happened:

Then Giorno and [character whose name I can't remember, but I know his stand is [Sex Pistols]] went ahead to Treasure Island to find out who sent the assassin after them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Da first Goonami of da decade

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

Jojo Pt. 5: We're heading to Treasure Island to find a poo poo-ton of cash, but on the way there, we were attacked by an enemy [stand]. Then this happened:

Then Giorno and [character whose name I can't remember, but I know his stand is [Sex Pistols]] went ahead to Treasure Island to find out who sent the assassin after them.

Mista.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
For what it's worth I did miss the recaps

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

I. M. Gei posted:

Not really. Kubo got forced to end the manga long before he actually wanted to, so he had to rush the ending a lot, particularly toward the last few chapters when the powers-that-be decided to abruptly end the manga. As a result the manga ended in an anticlimactic wet fart.

I want to see the ending Kubo wanted. I want to see an anime ending that wraps things up better than the manga.

I want to see the poo poo Kubo comes up with when he's stoned. Bleach filler forever.

Other than that I'm having trouble with the idea that there was competition for the rights to The Cleveland Show. Like with money involved. And not losing a bet or something.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dangerous Person posted:

For what it's worth I did miss the recaps

I mean, I just kinda stopped doing them when the schedule got bad and I wasn't watching everything anymore.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Oh, I totally get why you stopped doing them. It just always saved me a wiki visit if I missed a show I liked

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

fit em all up in there posted:

the Twelve Kizuki.

Might as well inform cause the name is not translated (I wish it was) This means Twelve Demon Moons.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
First Saturday of the new year! Time to watch a questionably sane teenager literally pull himself apart to get an abused kid away from her lovely dad.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Tom is looking good in 2020

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Still wish this OP was better.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Probably Magic posted:

Still wish this OP was better.

I like it a lot.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

MonsterEnvy posted:

I like it a lot.

Yeah, the song's really grown on me.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

"I legally can't tell you anything dude!"

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Oh, I totally get why you stopped doing them. It just always saved me a wiki visit if I missed a show I liked

I had considered taking up that torch, but then nobody ever said anything about the recaps going away and I thought nobody gave a drat

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

"The rest of you will minimally involved" -A lie

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
One thing I don't get in this arc so far is why everybody assumes that Eri actually is Overhaul's daughter. I mean, I guess she is since they're committing to the bit and not doubting it, but he could easily have been lying to Deku and Mirio to stop them from interfering.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

I had considered taking up that torch, but then nobody ever said anything about the recaps going away and I thought nobody gave a drat

I missed them a lot. :(

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

I like it a lot.

Yeah this is the best one in like, a while, imo. I think it's my favorite.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Poor Deku is dealing with crushing guilt and depression.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

That food looks really good

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

TwoPair posted:

One thing I don't get in this arc so far is why everybody assumes that Eri actually is Overhaul's daughter. I mean, I guess she is since they're committing to the bit and not doubting it, but he could easily have been lying to Deku and Mirio to stop them from interfering.

they don't have any intel to the contrary

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Don't worry about it Ida, callbacks just make me cry T_T

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Kind of amused by Todoroki calling Izuku edgy, even though he himself isn't that edgy.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

fit em all up in there posted:

That food looks really good

Anime animators are great at drawing food because they never get to eat any.

Rock Lock's quirk is cool.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TwoPair posted:

It's the basic assumption they have to work with.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh poo poo, this guy's quirk is having the Stasis Rune from BotW

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Rock Lock is cool as hell

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Quirk: Fat Adsorption. Geez, Funi, get it together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

Cause he said so and she did not dispute it.