Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
watuary is a conspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

:tipshat:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I was doing well until around 11am when I had coffee and beer. good luck all, stay strong out there

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

today i drank root beer, and tea.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I expected nothing less, fellow goons.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i forget what we can and cant have op

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

what if the water has fluoride

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nomnom Cookie posted:

what if the water has fluoride

very good

theadder posted:

i forget what we can and cant have op

according to the name of the month you can have wat

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I was doing well until around 11am when I had coffee and beer. good luck all, stay strong out there

get back on the hors

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

all water all yesterday. feels good man

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
whisky
ale
tea
espresso
rum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I've only had water today unless you count the oat milk in my cereal

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
how does one milk an oat

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Jonny 290 posted:

how does one milk an oat

*megaphone screech*

very carefully! hahaha!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

how does one milk an oat

idk probably with a hydraulic press or something

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wow this is harder than i thought. never realised how much I rely on a flavoured drink to distract myself from my own existence. so often I feel that “pull” or energy toward getting a drink or whatever. this is only during the day, the beer tug will start happening soon too

hopefully these die off

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

does mineral water or filtered water with a mineral filter count as only water? they can be less beige without being flavorful

oh lol some googling to answer if its more encouraging to drink starts off being 'drink tap water' so i guess that sort of makes sense unless your water is overly softened and purified at the tap without minerals

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I love my sink water

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i used to have good sink water but the plant here changed something and it started tasting chlorinated in a stronger way which is annoying

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
theres no chlorine in my sink water

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

same

straight from the sky

onto the roof

a little bird poo poo mixed in for flavour

into the tank

done.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

sounds like ur not committed to watuary

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you can literally use vitamin c aka ascorbic acid to neutralise chlorine in water. it’s legit, water treatment plants use it.

I ordered some lab grade stuff. it’s cheap and safe and ya use like a pinch, works like magic

actually wanted to sell it from work but would have needed a food making licence

Agile Vector posted:

does mineral water or filtered water with a mineral filter count as only water? they can be less beige without being flavorful

oh lol some googling to answer if its more encouraging to drink starts off being 'drink tap water' so i guess that sort of makes sense unless your water is overly softened and purified at the tap without minerals

yeah it’s all good. my personal reason for avoiding sofa water because I also wanted to avoid spending money on it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If you don't like the taste of chlorine in water you can get a charcoal filter like a Brita or just put it in a pitcher and let it stand for a day.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

you can literally use vitamin c aka ascorbic acid to neutralise chlorine in water. it’s legit, water treatment plants use it.

ooo that's cool, i didn't know this and want to try it to see how it works

Sagebrush posted:

If you don't like the taste of chlorine in water you can get a charcoal filter like a Brita or just put it in a pitcher and let it stand for a day.

that's what I started doing. it's not too bad normally but it seemed like a weird step down, though it's been better lately so maybe they had a change in process and things are better now?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

or just get better sink water

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
end of day 5 :

so far: have realised how often I want a flavoured drink as a comfort or a distraction
sleep: well of course it's better
money spent : much less
short term at expense of long term decisions made : much much less

gfs sleep has improved heaps, largely due to not needing caffeine heaps in morning. he doesnt drink anywhere as much alcohol as me but juice sometimes and decent few coffees in the mornign

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

gimme another non-fluid thread

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

feeling the burn too, op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

sick as dogs balls in the last week and my god drat wife keeps feeding me hot lemon drinks and I’m like hey! woman! this guy on the internet told me not to drink this! and she’s all like well I’m your god drat wife and I say you drink this mother fucker because I’m sick as pig sick of your whinging about the made up illness named “man flu” shut the gently caress up, man the gently caress up and stop blowing your god drat nose so much we have no tissues left you tosser and I said ok dear

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

legit feeling like poo poo though

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I don’t blame watuary for my man flu. just been doing too much man work in the hot summer sun

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe you have a cold

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i've managed to stick to the rules so far, but its been harder than i expected. i still instinctively reach for the coffee in the morning, or feel like having a vodka and coke while i sit watching tv after work.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how you feeling?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

p good drinking vegetable juice itt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m drinking cloud juice

theadder