Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
We have the reverse in out house, the dog cleans and pre washes all human dishes safe for her consumption. Gets all those burned on bits out of the casserole dish quite nicely.

Probably gonna make my humungous cheese and veggie casserole tonight, use up the leftover cheese from the cheese board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

namlosh posted:

They were $299 last time I saw them. The sale I saw, they were $199

Still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger.

Gonna keep an eye out for that sale price on my church trips

I think my coworker said he paid $350 retail wherever he bought it, prolly amazon

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Is there any way when looking at the costco website to tell if something is in stock at your local 'co?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Does Costco carry any good high backed recliners or stuffed chairs? Thinking about getting a chair for my bedroom, and high backed would be awesome as I am a really tall goon.

Looking online it can be kinda tough to tell from the picture how tall they are. I need to stop by the local locations to see what they have on display.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Is there any way when looking at the costco website to tell if something is in stock at your local 'co?

Nope. Prices don't match either. Gotta check it out in person.
You could always call them with an item number though.

Orvin posted:

Does Costco carry any good high backed recliners or stuffed chairs? Thinking about getting a chair for my bedroom, and high backed would be awesome as I am a really tall goon.

Looking online it can be kinda tough to tell from the picture how tall they are. I need to stop by the local locations to see what they have on display.

I'm pretty sure they do. The warehouses bring out most of their furniture around tax refund time so in the next couple months you should see furniture selection explode.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Noslo posted:

Fun fact, pet food is FDA regulated and safe for human consumption

I think the idea behind it is if there's a natural disaster and someone has to eat cat food to survive then they can do that without health risk

5 year old me can tell you that dry cat biscuits are frigging delicious OP. Mmm...meaty

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
January and July are furniture months. Go now.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

no, their website is a piece of poo poo. this is one area where sam's club is actually way better.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

TraderStav posted:

Yea, some stuff goes fast as well and may not be restocked, although it seems like chairs hang around for longer the sectionals and couches in my experience.

edit:

Crusty Nutsack posted:

no, their website is a piece of poo poo. this is one area where sam's club is actually way better.

My feeling is that Costco.com and the warehouse operate as separate businesses. There's some overlap in selection, but prices often differ and everything I've purchased from the website is drop shipped from the manufacturer.

BeastOfExmoor fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 4, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm eyeing a new dining room set for $599.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I suspect the costco website actually just dropships a lot of stuff in that they don’t stock it they just relay the order through a 3rd party. Still gets warranty and return coverage of course. I’m probably wrong though.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TraderStav posted:

Yeah they had a shitload of furniture out when I was there this morning.

Having some CostCo rum and smoking some CostCo ribs in front of some CostCo lawn furniture.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:stare:

Nice.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

bird with big dick posted:

Yeah they had a shitload of furniture out when I was there this morning.

Having some CostCo rum and smoking some CostCo ribs in front of some CostCo lawn furniture.

I am insanely jealous.

Like, I want nothing more than to live out in the loving desert and I'm not being even slightly facetious.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

thanks! :hf:

It's good though it might look better than it actually is i.e. it's a pretty normal subdivision and I got neighbors right next to me but shouldn't ever have neighbors behind me (both because of the power line right of way and my lot is fairly normal tract home wide but it's about football field deep) and I'm on the side of a hill obviously.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
is that the costco way in the background

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.
Are any of the Kirkland brand booze bad?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

asdf32 posted:

their beer was undrinkable, even by keystone lite et a. standards, but i hear they've got rid of it

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I have never tried to get anything large from Costco, will they deliver from the local store? Or will I have to try to find it on their website for delivery?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Anybody have any comforter/sheets recommendations? I need a new set for our bed and they always seem to have a nice selection of high thread count sheets and down alternative comforters. Worth the price?

I bought a set of the Kirkland pima cotton sheets they had on sale last month. I really like that each corner of the fitted sheet has a reinforced elastic band on each corner. Liked it so much I went back and bought two more sets.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

asdf32 posted:

Not really, no. Some of them change distillers often though, like I think the bourbon has been made by 3 different places by now.

The current añejo tequila is good.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

My local church has apparently discontinued the Chicken Croissant Sandwich & Caesar Salad. Such a shame. :sigh:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Hey anybody tried this stuff? I picked it up on impulse. Hatch chilies and three other ingredients

It says it only lasts 3 weeks once you open it (no preservatives) so I have to plan ahead before popping it...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
It's real good. When putting it on stuff or cooking with it I just eat spoonfuls here and there.

Make some enchiladas to freeze for work and put the rest in eggs and such.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Chinatown posted:

It's real good. When putting it on stuff or cooking with it I just eat spoonfuls here and there.

Make some enchiladas to freeze for work and put the rest in eggs and such.
The CostCo pulled pork is in its future, but that’ll probably only take care of 1/3 - 1/2 the jar. I guess I could freeze it; that seems obvious in retrospect

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Xaris posted:

their beer was undrinkable, even by keystone lite et a. standards, but i hear they've got rid of it

https://youtu.be/eHRNzj_G7Us

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

asdf32 posted:

Their spiced rum is gross.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

pro click

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Costco does occasionally carry a variety pack of craft beers. I haven't had it myself but anyone I've talked to about it says it's pretty good.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

WescottF1 posted:

I'll grab my two case allotment then. Thanks!

Chocolate is the best flavor. I like the oreo too but it tastes like dessert, and I tend to use them as meal replacements for breakfast.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Jingleheimer posted:

Costco does occasionally carry a variety pack of craft beers. I haven't had it myself but anyone I've talked to about it says it's pretty good.

They’re whatever local brands get picked or work with them so there would be some variance but the one I had from Washington state was quite good!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I finally had a chance to visit Costco in Vancouver! The poutine was great but there's no way that one person should ever eat that much at once. My Costco Citi Visa card worked there even though they use Mastercard instead.

Also, I noticed that people were walking out of the store without having their receipts checked! I asked someone at the exit about this, he shrugged, looked at my receipt, marked it, and that was it.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I was at church today and saw some bitchin sauce, I've seen the hype here but I didn't really believe it but my friend wanted to try

And now I have to apologize for doubting

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hoshi posted:

I was at church today and saw some bitchin sauce, I've seen the hype here but I didn't really believe it but my friend wanted to try

And now I have to apologize for doubting

imagine hummus but the flavor cranked up to 200%.

the only bad part is that its high calorie and u can eat a ton of it easily

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Chinatown posted:

imagine hummus but the flavor cranked up to 200%.

the only bad part is that its high calorie and u can eat a ton of it easily

The funny thing is that I was looking to get more calories in

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had some Bitchin sauce as a snack with potato chips today and just remembered about the calories. That bin is 2160 calories. Thankfully I have some self control and only had way too much instead of half a days calories.

We had the fun experience where you don't go for the holidays and break the bank on that return trip. Then I read the ad and realize I should get Mobil 1 while is on sale, and we ran out of rice, so I guess I'm going back to spend more!

I might test my theory on the fat part of town having clothes in my smaller sizes since I'll be that way.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I finally had a chance to visit Costco in Vancouver! The poutine was great but there's no way that one person should ever eat that much at once. My Costco Citi Visa card worked there even though they use Mastercard instead.

Also, I noticed that people were walking out of the store without having their receipts checked! I asked someone at the exit about this, he shrugged, looked at my receipt, marked it, and that was it.

How many times did you ask the teacher to pick up homework?

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.

Jingleheimer posted:

They had a beer advent calendar.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Cutting in the exit lines is bad juju

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

grillster posted:

Cutting in the exit lines is bad juju
Walk faster, binch. My 4 rotisserie chicks,3 lbs of Panela cheese and poke bowl aren't getting any fresher!