Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

also fuckin' lol the other thread is five pages long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Ngl still haven’t read the op.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

SolusLunes posted:

Our team is better!!!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

and it's all poo poo, op

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

Don't mind me just warming up my vig finger over here.....

(I'm j/k I don't have a vig or fingers)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Monathin posted:

Also I missed a 'no less than' in my op, but I'll stated again for those who jumped down anyway:

Have three people you're suspicious of by no less than 12 hours before deadline. This moves worked well in KB's thread in Shine V and I am going to support it here unequivocally. It makes it easier to consolidate votes and move them as needed, instead of last-second scrambles.

The other thing KB did in Shine that I liked was basically make every day 12 hours shorter. We had to have our target cuddled by 12 hours out. It was nice because it prevented last minute scrambling, forced the conversations along and I think also made us immune to lurker rules or something like that.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Podima posted:

and it's all poo poo, op

don't I know it, it's entertaining to watch steak flail

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SalTheBard posted:

The other thing KB did in Shine that I liked was basically make every day 12 hours shorter. We had to have our target cuddled by 12 hours out. It was nice because it prevented last minute scrambling, forced the conversations along and I think also made us immune to lurker rules or something like that.

I'm not gonna try and curtain discussion that hard, but essentially the idea of having your list sorted out by the end of day there is that if people are in agreement we can quickly move towards a cuddle as necessary. In either case the less we have to scramble towards deadline, the better off we'll be, imo.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Monathin posted:

Also I missed a 'no less than' in my op, but I'll stated again for those who jumped down anyway:

Have three people you're suspicious of by no less than 12 hours before deadline. This moves worked well in KB's thread in Shine V and I am going to support it here unequivocally. It makes it easier to consolidate votes and move them as needed, instead of last-second scrambles.

Irony
Sal
Bern

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I should be clear: You don't have to post your lists now, most of the thread hasn't even checked in yet, lmao.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Monathin posted:

I'm not gonna try and curtain discussion that hard, but essentially the idea of having your list sorted out by the end of day there is that if people are in agreement we can quickly move towards a cuddle as necessary. In either case the less we have to scramble towards deadline, the better off we'll be, imo.

Fair. Just something I wanted to throw out there!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

Don't mind me just warming up my vig finger over here.....

(I'm j/k I don't have a vig or fingers)

did you vig your fingers off

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

shut up solus

I will not

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Monathin posted:

I should be clear: You don't have to post your lists now, most of the thread hasn't even checked in yet, lmao.

Sal
Solus
binus

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

I will not

gently caress this is a good point we should be heckling the other thread

more like "gonna lose" cruise

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

did you vig your fingers off

If by vig you mean bandsaw in shop class then yes I did :(

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

If by vig you mean bandsaw in shop class then yes I did :(

here we see the downsides of the tactic known as "shopping around"

(also are you for serious, because if so goddamn)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Don't heckle Jeanne's forces too bad. She'll have enough trouble as it is, I'm sure.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

nat20 is on the top of my sus list for starting the game a day earlier than he said he would

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anyway, I'm not going to be nearly as heavy-handed as Miss D'arc is with her own faction. I will have some Content Generators for you all, likely tomorrow, but until then, feel free to treat this as your standard D1, and I am just a confirmed townie.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I haven't done a game like this before should I care about the other thread or can I safely ignore it because gosh that's a lot of posts

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

I haven't done a game like this before should I care about the other thread or can I safely ignore it because gosh that's a lot of posts

Feel free to focus on this thread unless someone else points out something really funny.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
So far I'd vote hats or irony because I could see scum trying to get some people to impulsively claim master/servant early

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Unless someone slips up and outs their combat powers probably not much point. I don't think they'd be in contact with the scum in this thread or anything like that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

here we see the downsides of the tactic known as "shopping around"

(also are you for serious, because if so goddamn)

No haha I've still got all 10 fingers.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Unless someone slips up and outs their combat powers probably not much point. I don't think they'd be in contact with the scum in this thread or anything like that.

But how will we figure out which touhou everyone is

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Im gonna start using 'axe' because i usually phone post and the fewer letters the better!

This is extremely good and I may pick it up, much faster to type than "execute" tbh.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also I found this picture of Snooze, it's pretty on point IMO. Beware her terrifying armament!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima posted:

This is extremely good and I may pick it up, much faster to type than "execute" tbh.

Oh i missed this post myself, big :agreed:.

also lol that poor saber figurine

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

But how will we figure out which touhou everyone is

we're all mima

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ruggan posted:

I just noticed that too. We post a lot more

But our posts are higher quality :burn:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

Also I found this picture of Snooze, it's pretty on point IMO. Beware her terrifying armament!

dang it's like she's right here

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Quality over quantity :smug:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

SalTheBard posted:

##vote MMT

<3 you friend!

It's been awhile :glomp:

For those unfamiliar with the last Fate mafia game, I (scum) was in a masonry with Sal (town), and we got close to the point where he refused to vote for me even though basically everyone else had me dead to rights :j: Everyone should probably keep that in mind moving forward.

Also I'm going to ##vote 50 unless he recommits to the Berserker bit from last time because I just lol'ed a lot searching for the above link.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Podima posted:

now I get to make axecution jokes so I'm down with this

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Murmur Twin posted:

It's been awhile :glomp:

For those unfamiliar with the last Fate mafia game, I (scum) was in a masonry with Sal (town), and we got close to the point where he refused to vote for me even though basically everyone else had me dead to rights :j: Everyone should probably keep that in mind moving forward.

Also I'm going to ##vote 50 unless he recommits to the Berserker bit from last time because I just lol'ed a lot searching for the above link.

##unvote

I skimmed that thread a few weeks back and it made me laugh in hindsight how obvious everything was. I can't believe that was 2 loving years ago.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That game made me hate masonries for like six months, it was REALLY bad.

But the game honestly owned even as I lost my mind near the end.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also, Captain Monathin Kotomine, sir—how much combat info sharing do you want? It’s helpful for setting up lineups (and for future combat result investigations) to have the info out there, but that’s also useful for the other thread to pick targets.

Actually wait a sec, I just remembered the first time I played a game with Hats.

##vote Hats, he might not be scum but if he is he will decimate us.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Monathin posted:

That game made me hate masonries for like six months, it was REALLY bad.

But the game honestly owned even as I lost my mind near the end.

Did you intentionally pick players from last game in here? I love that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I read the note from our captain and I'm a little worried because

quote:

I picked you all because you're the best at what you do.

I'm not sure why I'm here if that's the case