Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Midjack posted:

be your own slaver

be your own PleasureKevin

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Yes.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
thinking about dickquacks

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Sham bam bamina! posted:

thinking about dickquacks

:wrong:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
:dong::duckie:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Thinking about squeezing nipples with fingers

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

:dong::gerard:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Are you trying to say Dickcoin? Because someone's beat you (hah) to that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM14rc3-Ynk

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Paladinus posted:

Are you trying to say Dickcoin? Because someone's beat you (hah) to that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM14rc3-Ynk

poo poo, I was still trying to say buttcoin... this guy is light years ahead of me :negative:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Wheany posted:

Thinking about squeezing nipples with fingers

not the most intuitive of jokes

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Uh, that's a free Ross tossing away his freshly used cum rag while the shadowy hand of government fondles a bag of dicks below. His mom is just telling people he was picking up trash.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I wrote up DeFi, in case you ever wondered what the gently caress it was. You'll be loving amazed to discover it's a scam for repeat suckers.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

divabot posted:

I wrote up DeFi, in case you ever wondered what the gently caress it was. You'll be loving amazed to discover it's a scam for repeat suckers.

i appreciated the source marking and didn’t find it clunky.

also lolling at the typo “mocdeled” because i feel like the term “mockdeling” has some applications in the space.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Midjack posted:

i appreciated the source marking and didn’t find it clunky.

also lolling at the typo “mocdeled” because i feel like the term “mockdeling” has some applications in the space.

i really hate it, but yours makes 3/3 reader responses that have been positive, so ...

oh here's that FT article I referenced, archive copy. I wrote this DeFi article (b) because Colin's blog post was funny but (a) because of the FT article, because these fuckers are marketing this bullshit to retail, and not just to the thorougly deserving degenerate day traders.

I saw the following "how DeFi works" diagram in the FT and my first thought was "FAUXTON would see this and absolutely poo poo, and try to get everyone involved sent to jail ASAP"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

...but with bitcoin

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

good to see goatse going the loss route and getting more and more abstract

the briefcase is the ring

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

yes, congratulations, you've included the internet in your transactions scheme but what does that have to do with anything except include isis and pedophiles

wait i think i answered it myself, nvm

...!
Oct 5, 2003

kw0134 posted:

yes, congratulations, you've included the internet in your transactions scheme but what does that have to do with anything except include isis and pedophiles

wait i think i answered it myself, nvm

:wrong:

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

if only the banks and payment companies could get on the internet. oh well, i guess they will never progress past armored trucks full of bags of money with a big dollar sign on them.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

divabot posted:

i really hate it, but yours makes 3/3 reader responses that have been positive, so ...

oh here's that FT article I referenced, archive copy. I wrote this DeFi article (b) because Colin's blog post was funny but (a) because of the FT article, because these fuckers are marketing this bullshit to retail, and not just to the thorougly deserving degenerate day traders.

I saw the following "how DeFi works" diagram in the FT and my first thought was "FAUXTON would see this and absolutely poo poo, and try to get everyone involved sent to jail ASAP"

that sure does make me want to DeFicate

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
defi beep boop radio - butts to relax/ponzi to

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

CampingCarl posted:

if only the banks and payment companies could get on the internet. oh well, i guess they will never progress past armored trucks full of bags of money with a big dollar sign on them.

The dollar signs are particularly awkward in the euro zone, but thems the rules.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

hmm, yes, I can't wait to trade my identifiable and accountable bank for an anonymous web of cell phones

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Little Death posted:

the briefcase is the ring

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

figure 1: simple and direct progression in a nice calming blue colour

figure 2: confusing web of unrelated third parties in an angry pink colour

a good image

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
amazing that someone has finally discovered a way around the two-bank limit

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Soricidus posted:

defi beep boop radio - butts to relax/ponzi to
oh did they bring back that site that played a fart sound corresponding to trades on an exchange?

Boxturret posted:

figure 1: simple and direct progression in a nice calming blue colour

figure 2: confusing web of unrelated third parties in an angry pink colour

a good image
figure 2 is actually direct. your money goes to a random device on the network and if its not for them they send it out again to another random device. bogosort, but with bitcoin.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
"I think there is a world market for maybe two banks." -- Oscar Meyer von Robschild

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

CampingCarl posted:

figure 2 is actually direct. your money goes to a random device on the network and if its not for them they keep it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gazpacho posted:

amazing that someone has finally discovered a way around the two-bank limit

lol

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

pretty much how the lightning network works

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
here, this is sorta batshit (from my blog) - use case found for bitcoin

also, here is MY NEW FAVOURITE CRYPTO DIAGRAM EVER: how defi works. Tag yourselves.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm the Shutdown

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

im the suck hope grab

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I’m flap | flop

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i'm frob | flux

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i am definitely burn | mint

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Furia posted:

I’m flap | flop

I'm the End User yanking you both ways. Also the End User not to be confused with the Urn User, or the other Urn User

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
im the urn user frobbing into the vat