Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That makes good sense but I’m already plugged in.

Try unplugging? Some guy said that actually worked for him, going off the cable and back to wireless. It's a problem on their end, not yours if it makes you feel better. Apparently it's been around since GTAV.

I think I remember seeing a list on Reddit of methods you can try to get rid of the DC problems. I'll see if I can find it. What system are you playing on? I'm assuming you're getting error 0x20010006.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
What ability card loadouts are people using? Just went up against a crew who could take multiple headshots and not die. Would like to know how.

Also what makes someone go ghostly? Had some players doing that in a mode as well.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

doingitwrong posted:

What ability card loadouts are people using? Just went up against a crew who could take multiple headshots and not die. Would like to know how.

Also what makes someone go ghostly? Had some players doing that in a mode as well.

I think the ghostly thing is just a respawn deal so you don't get killed right away. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hack that keeps you in that mode, though.

Slow and Steady is a deadeye ability that prevents you from being killed by headshots and makes you take less damage.

My ability card loadout is:

Paint it Black - Tags enemies in Dead Eye
Horseman [ Rank 10 ] - More damage from horseback
Winning Streak [ Rank 48 ] - More damage with each shot on the same target
Peak Condition [ Rank 14 ] - More damage above 75% stamina

I'm thinking of changing out Paint It Black for Slippery Bastard or Quite an Inspiration because I hardly ever use Dead Eye. I mostly took Paint It Black because people said it was good for hunting. I would guess most players that do a lot of PVP would use Slippery Bastard or Slow and Steady though.

I also just got up to rank 10 in Trader so I can finally get that Hunting Wagon and the Hat Tip pose.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I really hope they hammer out some of these loading and connection issues soon. I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said already, but it's really annoying and has drastically cut down on how much I've been playing.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

where do you get the spin revolver emote from? i've not been able to find it

also what's the best way to level up? all the cool poo poo is gated

You can also do a basic spin of one gun in both solo and online by double tapping L1/LB.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
fastest way to level up is collector grinding but also: try to avoid the grind and just have fun loving around. once you have the first available weapon of any type you want (story missions are enough to get you there), everything else is mostly negligible aesthetic differences until you get into maxed out card builds. consider the higher level stuff to just be fun little perks you'll get if you naturally keep coming back to the game.

for reference i'm like level 50 and feel little reason to grind basically anything anymore, not much more I really want, it's just a slightly more homey nature simulator now

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I really hope they hammer out some of these loading and connection issues soon. I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said already, but it's really annoying and has drastically cut down on how much I've been playing.

yeah its a really bad issue. i stuck it out to finish the outlaw pass but I can't see myself putting up with all this poo poo without that to keep me motivated.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
After fighting the drat connection issues for 6 hours I managed to make it around the map and turn in all the collectible sets I hadn't done yet, ended up with 3k, so some of that went to the Hunting Wagon and now a fair bit is being dropped on clothing.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Sleekly posted:

yeah its a really bad issue. i stuck it out to finish the outlaw pass but I can't see myself putting up with all this poo poo without that to keep me motivated.
Game was great before the moonshine patch but yeah things feel less fun now that Ive lost dozens of batches of shine to disconnects and ERR_GFX_STATE crashes.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Lol I managed to stick it out for a 60 min moonshine batch, went to sell it and instead of an infinite loading screen it only took 3 minutes to load into the sell mission to an instant "your wagon was destroyed" prompt.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Sleekly posted:

Just been getting on for a brief time to complete one daily and keep my streak going. What bothers me the most is when they put my camp in another state entirely, and when I replace it and try to use the Online menu to go to my camp like I normally would, I get stuck in a loading screen. Like, pretty much anything aside from my first load into free roam does that.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Does anyone know if there is a mod that will let me lock my drat weapons in single player?

I'm sick to loving death of this game un-equipping what I've just equipped and/or just giving me random guns for missions when I've specifically chosen the ones I want to use before hand.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Does a fully upgraded Navy revolver have better stats than Lowry's revolver? I think I read that Lowry's wasn't modifiable, so if the upgraded Navy is better I'll just skip it. I don't really wanna go back to GTA if I can help it, tbh.

Edit: I only use express ammo these days, so factor that in, too, I guess

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 5, 2020

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Got rank 5 trader :toot: with the medium wagon money should stop being a problem since I'm a compulsive hunter apparently. Big Valley is lovely for hunting, especially the camp on the little river up north in front of hunting dog ranch; plenty of elk and pronghorns around, I have even seen a moose going north. All local trade routes seem to be short from there, too! I really wish we could choose the exact camping spot when paying to set it up and for Cripps to stop packing up :mad:

Also 39.93 gold, tomorrow I am getting the outlaw pass :)

Bought myself the cheap red Arabian and new stirrups, that should do me nicely until I can afford the big horsies. Haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game in a long while, it's super chill out and I only got one cheater in 3 days (teleported a bunch of players in the same spot and blew us up with dynamite)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Use that jeanropke map to collect items with your new Arabian and you will quickly get enough money to cover guns and ammo

Start with alcohol bottles, tarot cards, and flowers if you don’t have a shovel yet

It’s also good xp for your new outlaw pass

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Is there a goon PS4 community for red dead? How do y'all otherwise play together?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

TorakFade posted:

Got rank 5 trader :toot: with the medium wagon money should stop being a problem since I'm a compulsive hunter apparently. Big Valley is lovely for hunting, especially the camp on the little river up north in front of hunting dog ranch; plenty of elk and pronghorns around, I have even seen a moose going north. All local trade routes seem to be short from there, too! I really wish we could choose the exact camping spot when paying to set it up and for Cripps to stop packing up :mad:

Bought myself the cheap red Arabian and new stirrups, that should do me nicely until I can afford the big horsies. Haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game in a long while, it's super chill out and I only got one cheater in 3 days (teleported a bunch of players in the same spot and blew us up with dynamite)

Outlaw pass is definitely worth it. Probably the best 'battle pass' I've seen in a game.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Kaddish posted:

Outlaw pass is definitely worth it. Probably the best 'battle pass' I've seen in a game.

I don't play many of these games and I don't regret throwing some cash at Rockstar to have the gold to grab that out of the gate. It was great value and all those discount tickets were really nice in being able to afford stuff early on.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

PaybackJack posted:

I don't play many of these games and I don't regret throwing some cash at Rockstar to have the gold to grab that out of the gate. It was great value and all those discount tickets were really nice in being able to afford stuff early on.

Every time I give this game praises, it bites me in the rear end. Today has been nothing but a constant stream of hackers. Rockstar appears unable or unwilling to stop it so my advice, for anyone new, is to hold off on any investment into online for now.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Is there a goon PS4 community for red dead? How do y'all otherwise play together?

Yeah, there are ps4 goon groups. I dunno if I can add you to it or not, but if you post your psn name I'm sure someone here can. There are a few other people who get on pretty regularly.

e: for the record, I suggest that method cause it's how I found it. Posted that I wanted to solo less along with my psn name and got the invite.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Alright anyone on the PS4 who's in the group or wants to play with someone my psn is TheBoatmansFerry.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Does a fully upgraded Navy revolver have better stats than Lowry's revolver? I think I read that Lowry's wasn't modifiable, so if the upgraded Navy is better I'll just skip it. I don't really wanna go back to GTA if I can help it, tbh.

Lowry's has the same stats as a fully upgraded Navy

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
What guns are ya’ll running with? Online?

I can’t tell if I like the Carbine or the Lancaster better they are my go to for mid range and missions. I’ve got the Bolt Action Rifle for longer range and hunting. And dual sawed off shotguns for deleting individual players in close combat. Varmint rifle for hunting small game and sometimes in PvP. Have been thinking about the rolling block rifle.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Bolt action, semi auto shotgun and colt navy. Between these three pretty much have everything else in my weapon locker.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Fentry posted:

Lowry's has the same stats as a fully upgraded Navy

Then ol' Edmund can keep the ugly fucker. He needs it for the single player story a year later anyway.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Lemat revolvers, nothing but Lemat revolvers.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

dual semi-auto pistols (single lemat for when I'm not just blastin', which is never), double barrel shotgun, and unless I'm hunting the third weapon doesn't matter to me because I never engage outside of shotgun/semi autos range.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

TorakFade posted:

I'm going to miss hunting in that part of Big Valley when the snow is gone.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

doingitwrong posted:

What guns are ya’ll running with? Online?

I can’t tell if I like the Carbine or the Lancaster better they are my go to for mid range and missions. I’ve got the Bolt Action Rifle for longer range and hunting. And dual sawed off shotguns for deleting individual players in close combat. Varmint rifle for hunting small game and sometimes in PvP. Have been thinking about the rolling block rifle.

Dual Navy, Lancaster, Bolt-Action. Sometimes Double-Barrel for CQB PvP, otherwise Bolt-Action.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

doingitwrong posted:

What guns are ya’ll running with Online?

Springfield, and repeating shotgun. Have a Litchfield and a pair of LeMats but they don't see much use. Mostly Springfield for everything these days.

And the Varmint rifle.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is the Springfield a step up from the Bolt-Action?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Nash posted:

Bolt action, semi auto shotgun and colt navy. Between these three pretty much have everything else in my weapon locker.

this guy gets it

shotguns in this game have way more range than you'd expect and you don't even have to worry about headshots

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
That being said, aim for the head because it's fun to dismember folks.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

SplitSoul posted:

You have to reload every shot, but reloading is very fast so it feels like Bolt Action that is a bit slower per cycle but doesn't have any downtime for a longer reload. It has replaced the Bolt Action for me, but in terms of burst damage the Bolt Action might actually have an edge.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Springfield/Litchfield on shoulder depending on circumstance, Repeating Shotgun on back, dual LeMats. Everything else is just wasting your time. You can replace the Litch with a Lancaster and the Repeating for a semi if you want.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

In single player I liked the Springfield more because with express rounds, it usually one-shotted people with torso hits. Dunno if that translates to online though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

In single player I liked the Springfield more because with express rounds, it usually one-shotted people with torso hits. Dunno if that translates to online though.

It does until you start getting into things with difficulty levels. Which is basically only legendary bounties and some of the newer story missions, at which point you'll be looking at 2-3 shots in story missions and 5-7 in level 5 bounties.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

this guy gets it

shotguns in this game have way more range than you'd expect and you don't even have to worry about headshots

I will definitely switch to a semi-auto from the repeater once I get the spare change. I went on a bit of a clothing splurge and am a bit poor again.

SplitSoul posted:

More damage, less accurate. I was trying to stack enough damage from the passives that a Springfield with express ammo would insta-kill anything. Seems to work out pretty well, but the Springfield, like the semi-auto shotgun, are both unlocked kind of late though.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Currently running bolt action (and it's my quick select gun, always be ready to kill a deer/wolf/cougar) and Lancaster, and the default pistol because I forget it's even there. I'm thinking of packing a shotgun instead of the Lancaster though, if someone gets too close the repeater is too slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
My quick select weapon is my Eagle Machete, and I've never come to regret it, even when I got gunned down charging at someone.