Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

She sounds like she’s trying to do a McConaughey impression

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

“The top doesn’t matter”

Was Renee Zellweger ever... at the top?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

“The top doesn’t matter”

Was Renee Zellweger ever... at the top?

She said talk I think. It just sounds weird when your face skin is stretched to its absolute limit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ehhhh

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

"Get drunk, take your drugs, gently caress off" - Ricky Gervais just tired of life

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
"I didn't do it: you all did."

:hmmyes:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Never forget that Seth MacFarlane made those jokes before it was cool to make those jokes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

For anyone that missed it:

https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/status/1214003629377478656

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Ricky Gervais' atheist photoshoot only instead of saying "atheist" it says "half a decade of hosting the golden globes because I'm the exact level of hackneyed faux-edginess to make the rubes feel like they're getting one over by watching me do the hollywood equivalent of mocking people for criticizing capitalism while owning a smart phone"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He not wrong though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Little late to Batman Beyond chat, but while I completely love Terry and Bruce's relationship and the Blade Runner city, and think some of the episodes are great, it's overall a much weaker show than Batman was. Mainly because most of the villains are one dimensional or outright lame compared to the ones in BTAS. A lot of them feel like lamer versions of better villains, like Big Time is Two-Face without the pathos, Shriek is just Mysterio but with a stupider outfit, etc. Plus Terry's supporting cast is really half baked outside of Bruce, especially his love interest.

So yeah, I really love the setting and the central characters, but the show's quality is mostly below BTAS, with some very good spikes here and there. Wasted potential, I guess.

Also I'm not sure I'd call him a cop, at least not any more than regular Batman is. The cops keep trying to kill him, for one thing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Comparing a cartoon to BTAS is quite the high bar.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

is anyone else still watching Shameless or am I the only one subjecting myself to this out of some weird sense of obligation? my god is this season dumb.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Crusty Nutsack posted:

is anyone else still watching Shameless or am I the only one subjecting myself to this out of some weird sense of obligation? my god is this season dumb.

I loved that show so much up until a couple of seasons ago and now that Fiona is gone I don't see the point. Although.... Mickey is back isn't he?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I haven't watched the new season, but Lip has been the best part of the show for years.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I quit when Emmy Rossum did.

Also gently caress YEAH The Nanny is on Prime Canada.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

swickles posted:

Comparing a cartoon to BTAS is quite the high bar.

I could compare it to JLU or Superman and it'd still have the same issue.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That Leo joke tho lmfaoooo

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

pahuyuth posted:

I loved that show so much up until a couple of seasons ago and now that Fiona is gone I don't see the point. Although.... Mickey is back isn't he?

Mickey is back, yes! He and Ian are the best part of this season, along with Lip.

Debbie is still incredibly easy to hate. Kev and V are still pretty good but kind of disconnected from everyone else. Writers have no clue what to do with Liam, Carl or Frank. Still tons of dropped storylines, poo poo that makes zero sense and dumb drama for the sake of drama.

What I’m saying is that everyone who quit watching isn’t missing much.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gently caress's sake The Nanny is so good from the start.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Mickey is back, yes! He and Ian are the best part of this season, along with Lip.

Debbie is still incredibly easy to hate. Kev and V are still pretty good but kind of disconnected from everyone else. Writers have no clue what to do with Liam, Carl or Frank. Still tons of dropped storylines, poo poo that makes zero sense and dumb drama for the sake of drama.

What I’m saying is that everyone who quit watching isn’t missing much.

What we really need now is just a Kev and V spin-off

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

gently caress's sake The Nanny is so good from the start.

are you seriously that out of tv to watch?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

are you seriously that out of tv to watch?

nah I just saw it on Prime and felt the undeniable urge to watch some

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

pahuyuth posted:

What we really need now is just a Kev and V spin-off

Yeah TBH I would prefer this. I've been watching this season, but mainly because every other goddamn thing took a break for the holidays.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Svetlana spinoff when

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The theme song to The Nanny has been burned into my brain and I haven't watched it since it was on air

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/frankiemuniz/status/1214022929953935360

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/variety_cynthia/status/1214068010543022080?s=21

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Huh guess this is still happening. April release too. Good because AJT as Magik is too interesting to shelve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vJhUAOFpI

"Do you remember the first time you experienced your powers"

Sam Guthrie:

-and turns out ah was invulnerable. Well, nigh on anyhow.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

zoux posted:

Huh guess this is still happening. April release too. Good because AJT as Magik is too interesting to shelve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vJhUAOFpI
It looks bad imo. That and the rumor is that Disney is not happy with it nor were they with Dark Phoenix.

Also I'm surprised The Two Popes didn't win anything at the golden globes. It's a surprisingly good movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/seewhatsnext/status/1214201795641110529

Quite so!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Uh.

That's a vagina.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good eye there Georgia

Also it's a yoni now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What message is she trying to send here?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Croatoan posted:

It looks bad imo. That and the rumor is that Disney is not happy with it nor were they with Dark Phoenix.

The reason the movie has been delayed for so long is in part because of the mess surrounding the production of Dark Phoenix, and because they basically wanted to change large parts of the film due to focus testing. Reshoots had been planned for like 18 months or something but the director apparently just went "gently caress you" for all that time and refused, and they didn't find someone else to do it, so now they're just finally putting out the movie he had originally intended, which is... actually kind of remarkable, regardless of whether it's good or not (it doesn't look good).

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

That's a show that spends its entire runtime dunking on her stupid-to-harmful product claims, right???

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rhyno posted:

Uh.

That's a vagina.

Everything is a vagina if you look at it long enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit