Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

WRESTLE KINGDOM 15
January 4th at 3:00 AM EST/8:00 GMT/17:00 JST
Preshow at 2:00 AM EST/7:00 GMT/16:00 JST
TOKYO DOME

Preshow - New Japan Rambo:- last four participants advance to KOPW 2021 match on night 2
Special Single Match:Hiromu Takahashi (BOSJ 27 Winner) vs. El Phantasmo (Super J Cup 2020 Winner)
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship:Dangerous Tekkers (c) vs. G.o.D
IWGP US Championship Challenge Contract:KENTA (h) vs. Satoshi Kojima
Special Single Match:Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Great-O-Khan
Special Single Match:Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay
IWGP Double Gold Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. Kota Ibushi

quote:

WRESTLE KINGDOM 15
January 5th at 3:00 AM EST/8:00 GMT/17:00 JST
Preshow at 2:00 AM EST/7:00 GMT/16:00 JST
TOKYO DOME

Preshow - Stardom Offer Match I: Queen's Quest (Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani, and AZM) vs.Donna del Mondo (Himeka, Maika, and Natsupoi)
Preshow - Stardom Offer Match II:STARS (Mayu Iwatani and Tam Nakano) vs, Donna del Mondo (Giulia and Syuri)
note: neither Stardom match will be streamed
KOPW 2021 4 way Match:X vs. X vs. X vs. X (participants determined by opening night Rumble)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championships:Suzuki-gun(c) (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi and Master Wato
NEVER Openweight Championship:Shingo Takagi(c) vs. Jeff Cobb
Special Single Match:SANADA vs. EVIL
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Taiji Ishimori(c) vs. winner of Hiromu vs. El-P
IWGP Double Gold Championship:winner of Naito vs. Ibushi (c) vs. Jay White

Links:

NJPW's official English language website

NJPW World Watch all major shows live or on demand for only about $9 a month

NJPW's official Youtube accounts (English) (Japanese)

NJPW's official twitter accounts (Global) (Japanese) (NJPW World)

Senor LARIATO's spreadsheet of must watch matches in the NJPW World Archives

Chris Charlton's twitter providing translations of Japanese language promos and interviews

PUROLOVE has results, schedules, and official gate figures for all puro feds large and small

Voices of Wrestling covers New Japan well and they have an ebook covering new japan's 2019 if you want to catch up

Forum thread for all men's puro outside of NJPW

joshi thread

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH/status/1267404034106851329

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Kenta Did Nothing Wrong

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thanks to everyone who posted in the WK livethread it was an excellent time. I'm excited for more "pro wrestling" in TYOOL 2020.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

New Year is off to a fantastic start. Speaking of which.... Fantasticamania in 4 days! :woop:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Just something to point out for the title graphic: Phantasmo is defending against Michael Oku on the 14th Feb RevPro show

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
New Japan 2020? It's looking pretty loving good.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Reminder that Mox put Renee on a plane home so he could do a run-in while she was over the Pacific.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wait wait wait, we are getting English commentary on some of those Fantasticamania shows? Wowser

There are now 4 days in which I get to catch up on the rest of Wrestle Kingdom weekend matches. I have DDT, Tokyo Joshi Pro & the 5/1 NOAH all to watch. While waiting for other stuff to appear on Japanese TV, like 4/1 NOAH show.

Good time to watch the wrestling.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jan 6, 2020

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

extradite THIS! posted:

Thanks to everyone who posted in the WK livethread it was an excellent time. I'm excited for more "pro wrestling" in TYOOL 2020.

Indeed, maybe New Japan world was worth subscribing to after all. I will have to conduct further research on this.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

New Year is off to a fantastic start. Speaking of which.... Fantasticamania in 4 days! :woop:

Hell yeah friend.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

cams
Mar 28, 2003

sa has signatures, right? wanna have this gif on every post i make

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

no rest for the wicked!!!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

dsriggs posted:

Reminder that Mox put Renee on a plane home so he could do a run-in while she was over the Pacific.

What a loving pro.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wrestle Kingdom was Good, but I missed everything after the Liger retirement tonight. Gonna have to catch up a bit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dsriggs posted:

What a worker :allears:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Fantasticamania shows are very much next day replay shows but I'm very excited to see Volador, Cavernario, Dulce Gardenia, and maybe even Hiromu bringing back the Kamaitachi gimmick he used in Mexico

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wykfdhIl0hw

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Looking forward to White and KENTA loving with Naito, until they finally get the belts off him and split them between eachother.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

KENTA is a great heel getting great heat but some of his comedy was kinda pushing him towards being likeable

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress YOU KENTA

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Guys lemme tell ya, I'm really excited to experience exactly how Daniel Bryan fans felt from April 7th, 2014 onwards.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Man that Persona 5 'tron was an absolute banger and also quite fitting (from what I've heard about P5 at least, I still haven't played it because no PS4)

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Taichi v Okada possibly at the new beginning in Sapporo is pretty cool

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MJeff posted:

Guys lemme tell ya, I'm really excited to experience exactly how Daniel Bryan fans felt from April 7th, 2014 onwards.

Look I know kenta is worn down, but until he's nakanishi level busted he will be much better than Kane, especially 2014 Kane

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Taichi is gonna win and then challenge for the IWGP belt and I'm gonna die of happiness

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

Kenta Did Nothing Wrong

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

MJeff posted:

So by summer Naito has to vacate the title due to a brain injury and then Tanahashi wins it? Sounds about right honestly

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I just hope my boy El Despy can get some gold this year more than anything else

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Tanabushi/FinnJuice
Goto/Shingo
Taichi/Okada
SANADA/White
Naito/KENTA

New Beginning looking reallllll good

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

Tanabushi/FinnJuice
Goto/Shingo
Taichi/Okada
SANADA/White
Naito/KENTA

New Beginning looking reallllll good

Mox/Suzuki

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I Before E posted:

Mox/Suzuki

I'd imagine that's more likely to happen at Sakura Genesis though

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

I'd imagine that's more likely to happen at Sakura Genesis though

Also possible

yall walker
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

what a fantastic dickhead. Give KENTA the gold

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
There’s been some great wrestling over the past few days and some great experiences, including the first time I’ve had people over to watch NJPW (kind of annoying the stream died, but they enjoyed what they saw last night). I am feeling a bit flat by the way New Year’s Dash finished, but there are some exciting things coming up.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I have to kinda go back to reality after this. University won't resume until next week, but it'll start with a maths exam and I also need to finish and submit a group project for review :sigh: This weekend was honestly one of the best weekends of my life, with incredible pro wrestling and good times posting in the thread and also a very successful live concert with me and some friends of mine performing.

Hope everyone's had a good start to the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

watched nyd at the ddt bar in shinjuku. show seemed fine but had a v cool time. no english menu but their cocktails were named after ddt wrestlers so i just started naming random ones to order lol