Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

watched nyd at the ddt bar in shinjuku. show seemed fine but had a v cool time. no english menu but their cocktails were named after ddt wrestlers so i just started naming random ones to order lol

How did you find the place? I tried to go last year but could see no trace of it outside the building it was supposed to be in :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1214117206360907777?s=20

Awww

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

How did you find the place? I tried to go last year but could see no trace of it outside the building it was supposed to be in :mad:

there was no sign that i could see but ended up at the building next door and there was a very helpful doorman that pointed us to the right building. and then the ddt english guy is very helpful and apparently listens to my aew podcast? so he smartened me up that it was the bar manager’s last night so i had some idea wtf was happening when they started passing around champagne for a toast

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Well gently caress, there I go again :cry:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i shouldve said i knew the neighborhood from yakuza

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1214169109333561351?s=19

RIP Brexit Billy

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It's been a fun 3 days folks

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
New Japan 2020: The problem with New Japan is it's just a dry athletic contest

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NAITAILURE THEN

NAITAILURE NOW

NAITAILURE FOREVER

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

So by summer Naito has to vacate the title due to a brain injury and then Tanahashi wins it? Sounds about right honestly

As long as Kazuyuki Fujita ends up being the Brock analogy.

Super No Vacancy posted:

watched nyd at the ddt bar in shinjuku. show seemed fine but had a v cool time. no english menu but their cocktails were named after ddt wrestlers so i just started naming random ones to order lol

The HARASHIMA is the best

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

As long as Kazuyuki Fujita ends up being the Brock analogy.

Hmmm, a promising star who left the company to pursue MMA before returning a decade or so later with a hard hitting, shoot-influenced persona?

Who does that remind you of?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

This wants so hard to be one of the four pillars music, but it just isn't that. As a treat, here's Kobashi's theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liVCJEUjDQk

And a fun Wrestle Kingdom time was had by all! I expect full Zach Sabre Jnr. smugness of been literally the only champion to retain their title through the weekend. One flaw with Wrestle Kingdom is I feel it goes slightly too hard on it been all evil (or more evil) champions going in, and then all the titles change hands. Like it looks farcical that all their champs were chumps.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

kinda funny ppl saying Will must be a Tory because he’s from Essex when ZSJ is from the the toriest county that ever toried

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

kinda funny ppl saying Will must be a Tory because he’s from Essex when ZSJ is from the the toriest county that ever toried

Yes but Zack has broken away from Kent where as Will still has that Essex energy.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
https://twitter.com/emilyofpratt/status/1214065317023862784?s=19

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Any time Ibushi isn't in the ring, everyone should be asking "Where's Ibushi?"

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Paper Lion posted:

That's what Ibushi does

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Paper Lion posted:

To be fair Ibushi is lost at least 50% of the time so it's a pertinent question

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I thought Billy actually supported Brexit, would've fit in well with his former awful-take-haver persona.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

even KUSHIDA's flowers are sad and tired. Dang.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

what bar is that? I’m staying in Shinjuku another couple of days and want to knock every possible Wrestle Tourist Thingy off my list please

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

the escape goat posted:

what bar is that? I’m staying in Shinjuku another couple of days and want to knock every possible Wrestle Tourist Thingy off my list please

DROPKICK it's called. Fairly near the world renowned Robot Restaurant.

Fucksake I'm sad that's that all done. Life with no WK is hollow

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 6, 2020

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

ThePariah posted:

I thought Billy actually supported Brexit, would've fit in well with his former awful-take-haver persona.

I think some amount of labour voters were also brexiters. Corbyn wouldn't take a strong stand either way on Brexit because he still wanted their votes. Which might be way they lost so badly. Also the media character assassination. I'm just a dumb yank I only know what I read in the news and on these forums, though.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

I think some amount of labour voters were also brexiters. Corbyn wouldn't take a strong stand either way on Brexit because he still wanted their votes. Which might be way they lost so badly. Also the media character assassination. I'm just a dumb yank I only know what I read in the news and on these forums, though.

It's more that Will comes from the Racism Factory that is the London/Essex border and it's heavily, HEAVILY Tory. Being in Japan more and being away from the cesspit that is the British media has chilled him out loads

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I've started to make a dent in the enormous pile of greasy men fighting that is/was Wrestle Kingdom 14. After some opening fights from night 1 that I only half watched I started to pay attention properly just as the commentators were talking about never making eye contact with Minoru Suzuki who immediately started attacking people with a chair. Good times. Everyone loves a guy who looks like a genuine psycho! It was also good to see a Brit involved and maybe it's entirely home nation bias but Zach Sabre Jr was probably the highlight of the match for me. I'm looking forward to seeing him v Sanada in the title match from the next night now.

The mostly naked lady outside of the next 8 man tag with Bullet Club really added that "hopefully nobody notices me watching this" factor to proceedings. Toru Yano brought some comedy to things with Bad Luck Fale to balance out the vaguely sleazy vibe though. The "holy poo poo!" from the commentators after the Fale suplex was also great.

I will probably stop cluttering threads with random opinions of matches everyone has seen and knows more than me about now, I'm just feeling pretty hyped for the wrestle mans at the moment.

Redundant fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 6, 2020

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I need Toru Yano vs Brock Lesnar

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Redundant posted:

I will probably stop cluttering threads with random opinions of matches everyone has seen and knows more than me about now, I'm just feeling pretty hyped for the wrestle mans at the moment.

Please don't. One of the best parts of WK season is seeing the reactions of people who don't normally watch

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I need Toru Yano vs Brock Lesnar

It would be a squash shorter than the Goldberg match. Everyone knows Brock's weakness is nutshots

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Please don't. One of the best parts of WK season is seeing the reactions of people who don't normally watch

And yeah, this! :justpost:, forums poster Redundant

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If KENTA was catching up with Wrestle Kingdom he wouldn't post his reactions. Don't be KENTA.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The HARASHIMA is the best
Please tell me the Antonio Honda has something tasting of strawberries in it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Will is cool now. He finally defeated his longtime nemesis Public Speaking and is now feuding with Neck.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm really dang sick right, and I really should have let myself rest, but drat what a fuckokg series of shows.

I love pro wrestling so much.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Redundant posted:

I've started to make a dent in the enormous pile of greasy men fighting that is/was Wrestle Kingdom 14. After some opening fights from night 1 that I only half watched I started to pay attention properly just as the commentators were talking about never making eye contact with Minoru Suzuki who immediately started attacking people with a chair. Good times. Everyone loves a guy who looks like a genuine psycho! It was also good to see a Brit involved and maybe it's entirely home nation bias but Zach Sabre Jr was probably the highlight of the match for me. I'm looking forward to seeing him v Sanada in the title match from the next night now.

The mostly naked lady outside of the next 8 man tag with Bullet Club really added that "hopefully nobody notices me watching this" factor to proceedings. Toru Yano brought some comedy to things with Bad Luck Fale to balance out the vaguely sleazy vibe though. The "holy poo poo!" from the commentators after the Fale suplex was also great.

Please keep posting, it is fun to read, and also I'm in the post-Wrestle Kingdom doldrums (the next live shows for me to see are not until Friday and I've had 5 days in a row with live wrestling (2nd & 3rd AJPW, 4th, 5th, 6th NJPW) so Friday feels forever away, also there's All Japan & New Japan shows on at the same time which blows) so this is letting me remember the joy I felt all those hours ago.

And yeah, Pieter, bless her, does not wear a lot of clothing. Does wear a lot of boot but not much else.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pieter in civilian clothes is absolutely fascinating.

Did you know she owns pants?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I kind of assumed she must but only in an abstract sense.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

coconono posted:

Pieter in civilian clothes is absolutely fascinating.

I knew she must, but my head figured they were all chaps.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can I get a no apologies indication of how quickly I need to watch NYD, thanks :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

coconono posted:

Of course, they're pretty much all she wears when she comes to the ring :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Can I get a no apologies indication of how quickly I need to watch NYD, thanks :)

NOW