Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Mushika posted:

I think it's somewhat telling that our male-indentified heroes in international media in the last century have been whittled down to Fred Rogers, Chuck Tingle, and Steve Irwin and we're still searching for reasons to hate them.

Yet another reason I'm not proud to be a cishet male.

I need to stop drinking and going to meetings again.

I'm not trying to find reasons to hate any of them. Chuck Tingle is a cool and good dude,evidently. I just don't think he should be on the same level as Fred Rodgers.
Just my persona opinion, nothing hateful intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Chris Evans played Captain America in the MCU and constantly shits on conservatives.

I don't keep up with superhero movies, but this is good!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Also both of Weird Al's parents died at the same time from carbon monoxide poisoning. :smith:

Huh. Odd that he only mentioned his mother. Makes me wonder, but not about how awesome Weird Al is.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Just my persona opinion, nothing hateful intended.

I gotchya. It's difficult to reach the level of love and acceptance of Fred Rogers. I try, but I fail.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

A chance to inform you and post a funny picture!

That was the parody of Varsity Blues in Not Another Teen Movie, right? I owned VB on VHS and got caught sneaking into NATM for the boobies so I don't think I ever saw that scene (got caught early) but the tone is indelible.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Both the hero we need and the hero we deserve.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Mushika posted:

I gotchya. It's difficult to reach the level of love and acceptance of Fred Rogers. I try, but I fail.

Sometimes I'll be doing something and then think " Would that be how Mr. Roger would want you to be?"
Usually, the answer is no.

And very very very few people would ever reach his level, but it's important to keep trying. Even if you fail, failure doesn't make you a failure.

I did MDMA once many years ago, and felt such a pure all encompassing love for all beings that I knew I had a taste of what Fred Roger felt daily

Johnny Aztec has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Jan 5, 2020

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also the family was running a massive zoo that brought in tens of thousands of tourists from all around the world every year and was coordinating conservation efforts with other zoos all around the world

They still run the zoo and it is amazing. Most days they do the crocodile wrangling show themselves too.

My wife and I got to pet a tiger.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Beachcomber posted:

They still run the zoo and it is amazing. Most days they do the crocodile wrangling show themselves too.

My wife and I got to pet a tiger.

They also play this after the croc show -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE1HDSipRxU

I hope they're OK with all the fires :ohdear:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm kinda dumbfounded at how many ways we've discovered to misspell Rogers on this page alone

It's like that PREGANANANT video

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

jojoinnit posted:

That was the parody of Varsity Blues in Not Another Teen Movie, right? I owned VB on VHS and got caught sneaking into NATM for the boobies so I don't think I ever saw that scene (got caught early) but the tone is indelible.

Not Another Teen Movie still holds up as a funny flick. Give it another chance.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Mushika posted:

I think it's somewhat telling that our male-indentified heroes in international media in the last century have been whittled down to Fred Rogers, Chuck Tingle, and Steve Irwin and we're still searching for reasons to hate them.

Yet another reason I'm not proud to be a cishet male.

I need to stop drinking and going to meetings again.

I know this is a troll, but tbh I think it's more telling that people seriously struggle to think of even ten prominent male celebrities who haven't done or said something intensely lovely.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Data Graham posted:

I'm kinda dumbfounded at how many ways we've discovered to misspell Rogers on this page alone

It's like that PREGANANANT video

I'm not American so I don't really know about this Menstrual Roomba.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Video Nasty posted:

Not Another Teen Movie still holds up as a funny flick. Give it another chance.
Yeah it's easily the best of the 00s "Movie Movies"

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

They also play this after the croc show -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE1HDSipRxU

I hope they're OK with all the fires :ohdear:

It's not funny but it's got some mighty fine picking in it: Kasey Chambers wrote a song about him as a tribute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTRdHryx3sM

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

bike tory posted:

I know this is a troll, but tbh I think it's more telling that people seriously struggle to think of even ten prominent male celebrities who haven't done or said something intensely lovely.

It was not, but otherwise you're right.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Manotype: Sorry Man

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh, you think you know everything about Mr. Rogers? Cool. Now watch this video, because I bet there are things about him you have no idea about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TexneERnM

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is that the ASMR fad all the kids have been talking about?

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJlxn4Etujw&t=207s

Funny
Pictures

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Who What Now posted:

Is that the ASMR fad all the kids have been talking about?

Always Stanning Mr. Rogers

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fred rogers was bisexual

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I can't close my toilet window because it's just glass slats fitted into the wood. I had to block it up with tape to stop all the smoke getting into the house.

Draught excluders on all doors and can't run the A/C :( Not even near any of the worst fires, either.

On the plus side, tonight's sunset was just gorgeous if you like ominous red.

We covered ours with a sheet of cardboard and duct-taped the edge. Works like a charm.

Are you sure your AC doesn't work? Ours works just fine without pumping smoke in. Check if it recirculates air, or as a mode to do so. Unless it's one of those swamp coolers with a bigass pipe you need to stick out the window, I guess.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's like when your fourteen year old cousin starts talking about politics at Thanksgiving

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I especially love the obnoxious front-page astroturf across all social media like Gervais hasn't been doing this schtick for nearly a decade now.

poo poo's old.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Transphobic "non-PC" comedians being popular on reddit? Why I never.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I mean, on one hand, gently caress most of those celebrities, and gently caress Hollywood in general

On the other hand, gently caress Ricky Gervais

On the OTHER hand, drat, that Epstein joke was cold.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We covered ours with a sheet of cardboard and duct-taped the edge. Works like a charm.

Are you sure your AC doesn't work? Ours works just fine without pumping smoke in. Check if it recirculates air, or as a mode to do so. Unless it's one of those swamp coolers with a bigass pipe you need to stick out the window, I guess.

Sadly I have an A/C from the dark ages. It's a single unit which sits where a window once was.

Works well when the entire city isn't covered in choking smoke haze.

There's rain forecast for late tonight and early tomorrow, so hopefully that'll settle things.

But I'm not going to complain too loudly. I'll take smoke over fire any day of the week.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Sadly I have an A/C from the dark ages. It's a single unit which sits where a window once was.

Works well when the entire city isn't covered in choking smoke haze.

There's rain forecast for late tonight and early tomorrow, so hopefully that'll settle things.

Right now the air forecast map's not so great; Nowhere in Victoria is getting clean air til Friday when the wind changes, and NSW won't get that until sometime Saturday.

And Thursday is gonna be the worst of it by far.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

MRI of a pug

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Makes me think he finally got the cold checked out.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ricky gervais is a LOT more like david brendt than he'll ever admit but it's very clearly there

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Is Ricky Gervais a chud?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Resting Lich Face posted:

Is Ricky Gervais a chud?

https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/1208005552053374976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

For a chaser, a timeless classic:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Resting Lich Face posted:

Is Ricky Gervais a chud?

He’s at least a terf

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Could someone summarize what he said this time? My friend is insisting I watch the video and I really don't want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Probably some cheap shots at some of the celebrities in the audience followed by an Epstein joke.