Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Paladinus posted:

I really liked her in The Talented Mr. Ripley, and in all films I've seen her in really. It's safe to say I'm sexually attracted to Gwyneth Paltrow. I want to stick my Pwyneth into Paltrow's Gwyneth.

That's OK many people on this thread want to stick their Penny into...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dom DeLuise's fat folds

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

mallratcal posted:

*Furiously checking my vagina for Gwyneth Paltrows*

Its more likely than you think

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I can believe a celebrity created a billion-dollar cosmestics/bullshit empire.

I cannot believe she did it with the name "Goop". Any company that pays some branding consultants $100,000 to come up with a new name is loving stupid because you can build an international behemoth named loving Goop.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Behold, Shinjobi's plot outline for "The New Trilogy" that disney said no to

7: here's rey a nobody girl who teams up with a storm trooper sick of the bullshit and a hotshot pilot. Rey does a force thing, storm trooper almost does a force thing, pilot man shoots a big thing and saves the day. Mostly setup. Han Solo chokes on a pie and dies.

8: here's rylo ben a force bad guy who is mad pilot man shot the big thing. Pilot man is captured, storm trooper and rey go undercover and save pilot man. Day is saved--oh wait, rylo ben planned all this, poops on good guy base. Heroes run away to scramble together a good guy thing.

9: here's luke skywalker talking to han solos ghost. Luke gonna save the day. Storm trooper man and pilot man are fighting bad guys and might kiss but who knows. Rey is winging it to super magic star puncher base where rylo ben is laughing cause he's doing great. Just when rey almost gets caught luke flies by in a double x wing and laughs cause he's good and powerful. Rey makes it to rylo ben and beats him up with force magic and cuts off his hand and calls him fat and rylo ben runs away. Good guys win, rey and storm trooper man and pilot man three way kiss and luke sticks around to eat pies.

10--YEAH 10: rylo ben dies and everyone laughs except for leia and hans ghost

I don't know why Disney wont return my calls

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know our society/culture really does a number on women but i thought everyone on the planet regardless of gender knows that gwyneth paltrow's nonsense about cramming rocks up your snooch was loving idiotic, is there really a big enough demographic that netflix creating an entire series about it could possibly be profitable? or are they so incredibly deep in the red at this point that this is gwyneth paltrow paying them to essentially make advertisements for her?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

PostNouveau posted:

I cannot believe she did it with the name "Goop". Any company that pays some branding consultants $100,000 to come up with a new name is loving stupid because you can build an international behemoth named loving Goop.

you aren't pronouncing it right, you say it gööp

see now we're in $100,000 branding consultant territory

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

i know our society/culture really does a number on women but i thought everyone on the planet regardless of gender knows that gwyneth paltrow's nonsense about cramming rocks up your snooch was loving idiotic, is there really a big enough demographic that netflix creating an entire series about it could possibly be profitable? or are they so incredibly deep in the red at this point that this is gwyneth paltrow paying them to essentially make advertisements for her?

wikipedia posted:

In 2018, Goop raised $50 million in Series C funding from firms including NEA, Lightspeed and Felix Capital,[35] bringing total investment in the company to $82 million. The company's valuation rose to $250 million.[36]

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it's simple
for a streaming service with no ad revenue, views translate to bandwidth and server costs, but not profit. so what you want is to have as few views as possible

trust me, I am an expert

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

PostNouveau posted:

Goop sells vampire repellent. Everyone that works there is insane.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

of yeah? have you seen any vampires around gwenyth paltrow?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

just dropped hundreds of dollars at https://www.goop.com and i bought a can of air that when opened will bring misfortune to my enemies thank you gwyneth paltrow

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

bought a salve that is just chopped up bees and im rubbing it on my buttocks rn

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

Lifestyle marketing, man. Middle-to-upper-class women have a lot of disposable income.

Other ways of knowing is also a fashionable thing. It's the new version of "I'm not religious I'm spiritual". So like in some circles the ideal woman will work at a genetics lab or an ad agency making six figures, then come home and do tarot and astrology unironically. Don't look at me I'm as baffled as anybody but I've seen a successful group of Sex and the City stereotypes pull out an Astrology book and honestly consider the relationship advice contained therein. It does not surprise me that Goop has an audience.

Cowcaster posted:

i know our society/culture really does a number on women

...you're saying The Patriarchy is somehow responsible for Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop?

I mean in the same sense that everyone dug deep to help fund Theranos, I guess.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I see you too are a man of hamburgers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnpdoAIhiyo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

revwinnebago posted:

Other ways of knowing is also a fashionable thing. It's the new version of "I'm not religious I'm spiritual". So like in some circles the ideal woman will work at a genetics lab or an ad agency making six figures, then come home and do tarot and astrology unironically. Don't look at me I'm as baffled as anybody but I've seen a successful group of Sex and the City stereotypes pull out an Astrology book and honestly consider the relationship advice contained therein. It does not surprise me that Goop has an audience.

I know a few women like that. To a woman, their interests in astrology began ironically.

It's the lady version of Zack Baggins ghost hunting

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

revwinnebago posted:

...you're saying The Patriarchy is somehow responsible for Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop?

I mean in the same sense that everyone dug deep to help fund Theranos, I guess.

in what possible way is cramming rocks in all your holes for clearer skin, tighter vaginas, and weight loss not the fault of the patriarchy

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i bought a red ball-cap that says

My
Arms around
Gwyneth
pAltrow

on the goop website and it whitens my teeth while i wear it

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Cubone posted:

you spin me right round baby right round...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAOdjqyG37A
BWAAA

Honestly I could live with that format if not for the constant BWAAAs.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

space west wing staring ian mcdiarmid as post ROTS palpatine please

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Gwyneth is the thread's most controversial female figure since the last page's controversial female figure

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Paladinus posted:

I want to stick my Pwyneth into Paltrow's Gwyneth.

You can't fit it in there anymore because it's filled to the brim with goop.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Blythe Danner was hotter

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

uh no, I don't watch Jontron videos anymore.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

Honestly I could live with that format if not for the constant BWAAAs.
the formula is too successful imo

it takes stuff that worked from trailers that once upon a time actually got people talking, like Inception and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, that had some artful tonal or thematic significance for the movies they were actually for, and just sort of reuse them generically because it gets you pumped

it works but, like, what makes your movie special?
that kind of information gets lost in the consolidation of style

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cubone posted:

it works but, like, what makes your movie special?
that kind of information gets lost in the consolidation of style

You gotta bring back the guy who tells the whole story right up to the climax in the trailer!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

PostNouveau posted:

You gotta bring back the guy who tells the whole story right up to the climax in the trailer!

Combine them:
"In a world, that's BWAAAH changing, only one man can BWAAAH"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Which episode was the Gary Busey dog movie?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scaramouche posted:

Combine them:
"In a world, that's BWAAAH changing, only one man can BWAAAH"

*super slow music*
♪ I'm blue
♫ A ba dee a ba dye

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Arcsquad12 posted:

Which episode was the Gary Busey dog movie?

plinketto 7

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

don't post this racist filth in this hallowed thread please

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just watched Marriage Story. A great little movie for good actors to play in without laser swords and CGI tennis balls. Oddly, despite its very American nature, it really reminded me of some better Soviet dramedies, especially by Ryazanov. Very theatrical monologuing, spontaneous songs, awkward situational comedy, outstanding secondary characters - all that was uncanny. Kind of feel sad that the only chance for a movie like that to get released is through Netflix, but hey, at least it exists.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Just watched Marriage Story. A great little movie for good actors to play in without laser swords and CGI tennis balls. Oddly, despite its very American nature, it really reminded me of some better Soviet dramedies, especially by Ryazanov. Very theatrical monologuing, spontaneous songs, awkward situational comedy, outstanding secondary characters - all that was uncanny. Kind of feel sad that the only chance for a movie like that to get released is through Netflix, but hey, at least it exists.

pass

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

If a woman puts a jade egg in her vagina, a Gwyneth Paltrow hatches.

Also, goop = girl poop

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

IShallRiseAgain posted:

uh no, I don't watch Jontron videos anymore.

He looks like a thumb with hair.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

LabyaMynora posted:

If a woman puts a jade egg in her vagina, a Gwyneth Paltrow hatches.

Also, goop = girl poop

So when someone says they're gonna boop my snoot....

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that's right. they're going to butt poop your sneeze toot.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
:itwaspoo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

General Dog posted:

This is kind of crazy, but what if Disney+ made an animated series about Luke, Leia, Han, et. al. set in any time period they liked because it's a cartoon and you can do that.

They kind of did that with the Galaxy of Adventure shorts they made using audio clips of the original trilogy.