Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Somehow this hasn't hit wider news, but UE suspended Walter McCarty due to a Title IX violation.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2019/12/30/evansville-basketball-coach-walter-mccarty-represented-indy-attorney/2778248001/

The rumor is he knocked up a sorority girl. It might also take down the AD who was covering for McCarty's drinking and partying with students.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

I stop reading the courier for 2 weeks . . .

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FartingBedpost posted:

JJ Caldwell apparently got evicted from Lobo Village and Banned from registering by the Dean of Students, who is the wife of the DA handling his case.

So now they’re being sued for collusion and/or mishandling his situation. Good stuff from Lobo Nation today!

(Also it looks like the Coach and AD did not suspend Caldwell or Bragg, that seems to have been the president under recommendation of the Dean of Students)

What the hell Albuquerque

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

What the hell Albuquerque

My theory is that our new President, who was at FSU when Winston was around, has a hair trigger; and after our starting quarterback got caught masturbating in public, we reached the point of no return here.

Sucks, because it looks like Bragg shouldn’t have ever been suspended at all.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Bragg is back and I doubt we’ll ever know why he was suspended in the first place. But at least he’s back and doing well!

Edit: and now the DA is recusing himself from the Caldwell investigation. What a mess.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 4, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1213292610292314114?s=19

In addition to being like a top 10 basketball recruit this also gives Gonzaga, which I don't think even has scholarship football, a better quarterback recruit that most of the power five.

Supposedly his parents are talking to some overseas pro teams, but that's a huge get if they can actually get him on campus

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Wisconsin beat tOSU at tOSU because...

I have no loving idea why/how! CHAOS SEASON

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

facialimpediment posted:

Wisconsin beat tOSU at tOSU because...

I have no loving idea why/how! CHAOS SEASON

The football team got tilted so hard it tilted the basketball team.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

elentar posted:

Iowa State lost to Florida A&M, and they really shouldn’t.

I was not paying attention and just saw this. Well I guess big 12 play starts today so maybe ISU will get its poo poo together. Not likely, but we’ll see. Expecting this to be an NIT year.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Bird in a Blender posted:

I was not paying attention and just saw this. Well I guess big 12 play starts today so maybe ISU will get its poo poo together. Not likely, but we’ll see. Expecting this to be an NIT year.

Big XII is insanely deep this year. Going to need to go 8-10 in conference to overcome a poor non-conference, plus win the SEC matchup to make the NIT. Anyone in the Big XII that can make 9 wins in conference will probably be in the NCAA's (except ISU and KSU, who would be bubble on the outside teams).

e: haha, just saw that y'all got Auburn. That sucks.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

kayakyakr posted:

Big XII is insanely deep this year. Going to need to go 8-10 in conference to overcome a poor non-conference, plus win the SEC matchup to make the NIT. Anyone in the Big XII that can make 9 wins in conference will probably be in the NCAA's (except ISU and KSU, who would be bubble on the outside teams).

e: haha, just saw that y'all got Auburn. That sucks.

death to the conference

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

death to the conference

double posting, but man it's the same loving poo poo every year and i would way rather get screwed over in the acc every year than this poo poo because at least they don't try and hide it

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

double posting, but man it's the same loving poo poo every year and i would way rather get screwed over in the acc every year than this poo poo because at least they don't try and hide it

lotta whining from a guy who's going to get a guaranteed win over kansas in morgantown this year

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

lotta whining from a guy who's going to get a guaranteed win over kansas in morgantown this year

yeah but we don't get it handed to us by officiating

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

yeah but we don't get it handed to us by officiating

nah just your plane ride to get to there

I'm so pissed I can't watch this, gently caress ESPN.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

nah just your plane ride to get to there

I'm so pissed I can't watch this, gently caress ESPN.

the hell of it is i don't even hate kansas. i just hate this bullshit conference and their absolute refusal to do things that would fix it. like having our own officials who were accountable to the conference.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

another week, another batch of upsets

:h: college basketball

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn avoids upset (actually only like a 1-point favorite by KenPom) at Mississippi State and ends up running away after a really brutal first ten minutes or so.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UNC lost at home to a bad Georgia Tech team and I’m clinging to how bad they are because it distracts me from how State is gonna have to fire Keatts and start all over again BBC and the cycle will never end.

Also Florida State won at Louisville and they’re looking really dangerous? But I think the ACC as a whole is just a mess this year, and not in the too-good title-winning way.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Virginia out to confuse me on a game by game basis

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Lessail posted:

maybe otzelberger can do a crazy thing and suck in non conference and rock in conference who knows

uh well a 3-0 start means this is on the table lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SDSU takes down Utah State to get to 15-0 and will probably be favored in the rest of their games this year.

What even is this

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Rutgers looked like poo poo for most of OOC play, but has turned it on against Seton Hall and Wisconsin, and then destroyed Nebraska moreso than others have, so most statistical models love them right now. The Big Ten is loving murder, but at this point deserves 10 bids, whether or not it'll actually get them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Rutgers looked like poo poo for most of OOC play, but has turned it on against Seton Hall and Wisconsin, and then destroyed Nebraska moreso than others have, so most statistical models love them right now. The Big Ten is loving murder, but at this point deserves 10 bids, whether or not it'll actually get them.

Beating Penn St Tuesday would be a good start. Going to go to that one I think...

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Yeesh, Livers needs to get back soon and Joshua Christopher needs to go ahead and commit.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

Yeesh, Livers needs to get back soon and Joshua Christopher needs to go ahead and commit.

The main takeaway I had from MSU-Michigan is that Cassius Winston is a loving Dude. No idea why the NBA hasn't been interested in him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

The main takeaway I had from MSU-Michigan is that Cassius Winston is a loving Dude. No idea why the NBA hasn't been interested in him.

Because he’s one of the most “great college player” type college players around. Really undersized, super slow release, not particularly athletic. I would love if he was the next Andre Miller but he’ll probably be playing in the Mediterranean.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue lost at Illinois 63-37 in a game that was uglier than the score. Next 3 are @Mich, MSU, @Maryland so that's going to be fun.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue lost at Illinois 63-37 in a game that was uglier than the score. Next 3 are @Mich, MSU, @Maryland so that's going to be fun.

37?!?

...... how?

Edit: Oh dear, even the analytics say that the Big Ten is a clusterfuck

https://twitter.com/totally_t_bomb/status/1214028134175199234

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 6, 2020

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

37?!?

...... how?

Edit: Oh dear, even the analytics say that the Big Ten is a clusterfuck

https://twitter.com/totally_t_bomb/status/1214028134175199234

Illinois' defense is a good counter to the motion offense, Purdue has a bunch of guys who can only shoot at home, and a few more who can't shoot period, and just a good old fashion pants making GBS threads.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Up to #7

:toot:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa having the best offense in the conference despite running the most outdated poo poo possible and only having two good players is still funny. Unfortunately we are now down to like four healthy players, which I guess is interesting karmic payback for years of grumbling that Fran played too many guys

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Obi Toppin is going to win the National POY and I am fine with this.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

elentar posted:

UNC lost at home to a bad Georgia Tech team and I’m clinging to how bad they are because it distracts me from how State is gonna have to fire Keatts and start all over again BBC and the cycle will never end.

Also Florida State won at Louisville and they’re looking really dangerous? But I think the ACC as a whole is just a mess this year, and not in the too-good title-winning way.

quote:

North Carolina is off to an 8-6 start to the season, and in the wake of a 96-83 loss to Georgia Tech on Sunday, a frustrated coach Roy Williams called his squad "the least gifted team I've ever coached in the time that I've been back here."

Speaking on his weekly radio show "Roy Williams Live" on Monday, the longtime coach expounded on frustrations he had about how the Tar Heels, who began Sunday's game down 19-2, performed in the loss.

"We stunk, OK. We were not very good," Williams said. "The crazy thing about it is, our team, and we've had some very gifted teams, this is not a very gifted team. It's just not."

Wonder whose fault that is Roy

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

uva lost to boston college - i bet we won't be ranked next week. it doesn't hurt too much this year to me, though

speaking of low-ranked teams losing, penn state lost to rutgers

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Just walked in from the Rutgers PSU game. This team is fun as gently caress, and their best player isn't even playing the last few games.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

oystertoadfish posted:

uva lost to boston college - i bet we won't be ranked next week. it doesn't hurt too much this year to me, though

speaking of low-ranked teams losing, penn state lost to rutgers

Our offense is unwatchable, even by our standards

But banners hang forever so it’s cool with me

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Ungratek posted:

But banners hang forever so it’s cool with me

Most, anyway

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

mcmagic posted:

Just walked in from the Rutgers PSU game. This team is fun as gently caress, and their best player isn't even playing the last few games.

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1214731903946899458

I want quite badly for Rutgers to make the tournament. This year the general analysis was "maaaaaybe NIT?", but that's Rutgerseseses'sesesss's'sss second top-25 win. They have a shot at the big dance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1214731903946899458

I want quite badly for Rutgers to make the tournament. This year the general analysis was "maaaaaybe NIT?", but that's Rutgerseseses'sesesss's'sss second top-25 win. They have a shot at the big dance!

I'm 100% going if they make it no matter where it is.