Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

with mod approval, just kind of a chill chat for LGBT folk to talk about their day and people to discuss queer manga and what have you

this is NOT a shoujo thread replacement

allies are banned after too many bad takes

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

seriously watch akanesasu though

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im gay and say watch akanesasu shoujo and read double house

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
gay people should watch kill me baby imo

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

:hai:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Posting in memory of DisDisDis' dead gay forums account.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/raubritter_ch01

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Yuri manga saved my life.

This is a good thread!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

im gay and say watch akanesasu shoujo and read double house

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
like being gay? then read so, wanna go out, or

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

gay people should watch kill me baby imo

:yeah:

Also I really liked our dreams at dusk, personally

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GorfZaplen posted:

Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko
The all-powerful DisDisDis lobby.

Really good, though! Just a reminder that it's full-on. :nws:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
almost nothing i read is homosexual but My solo exchange diary and My lesbian experience with loneliness are very good

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I haven't gotten to read all of it yet but I liked what I did get to read of My Brother's Husband. Is the live action adaptation good?

Also any good recommendations for trans focused stuff?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku and Fukakai na Boku no Subete o are pretty good. (although the latter is kinda more non-binary than trans I guess)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wark Say posted:

The all-powerful DisDisDis lobby.
Dis is too powerful at times

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Viridiant posted:

I haven't gotten to read all of it yet but I liked what I did get to read of My Brother's Husband. Is the live action adaptation good?

the bride was a boy is a fun 'trans issues in japan 101' primer that never feels too like, handholdy or patronizing.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Jagged Jim posted:

Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku and Fukakai na Boku no Subete o are pretty good. (although the latter is kinda more non-binary than trans I guess)

The latter also deals with trans issues and lesbian issues and is honestly pretty good about people across the spectrum.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Yuureitou, which I'm not linking because my bookmark on mangadex is dead, is much less good with its portrayals and is more pulp than anything but it's maybe my favorite manga focused on LGBT individuals. Lots of content warnings for abuse and gore and just about everything though. It's incredibly pulpy, and has both the good and the bad that comes from that. FtM and Transvestite MCs though which is kind of rare.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Kaja Rainbow posted:

So, here is my transgender author effortpost! Unfortunately, I don't know of many if any stories from a transmaculine perspective. Those're all from a transfeminine perspective. Anyways, first I must note a few things. One, those stories tend to have a transgender main character who for some reason experience a body change to fit their gender. This is because, in essence, they are transgender wish fulfillment. Two, some of those stories don't shy away from sex and the ways transgender people relate to their own bodies. Three, they're written from the perspective of a minority that has to deal with a hostile world, and some of those stories aggressively wear their progressive politics on their sleeves. If you can deal with those things, read on.

Also please don't be goons at them. Transgender people get a lot of poo poo already. Anyways, I'm gonna feature one story from each author--a lot of them have a bunch of works.

The basic premise of Kammi Kettu is one day many people abruptly are changed along with a bunch of other phenomena like half of Seattle being replaced with strange ruins and a dragon freaking out in New York. Lives are lost in the confusion. The Emerged, those transformed by the Emergence, have to deal with a lot of prejudice and fear. Human-passing Emerged get it better than the weirder looking ones. Some of the Emerged play superhero and supervillain. Also, Neo-Nazis as villains. It follows a transgender woman who is transformed into a foxgirl and her career as a puckish rogue stealing from assholes and confounding superheroes and supervillains alike.

Songbird features a teenager who grows spikes and gets shadowy powers and stuff like that. She is the subject of a horrible misunderstanding. The early part of the story is rather dark, but after a certain point it brightens considerably. This is closely entwined with Kammi Kettu, with a number of crossover chapters featuring meetings between the main characters of the two stories, told from the perspective of that main character. Also it has some lore on why the Emergence happened.

Deviled Egg has the basic premise of the main character getting turned into a succubus type devil by the botched ritual of a wizard in the same apartment complex. It has a 4channer going to hell for his hateful ways, by the way.

Ricochet has the main character awakening her alternate superhero form (a thing in this setting) and discovering said form is a girl. Also, she adjusts to her speedster powers and ends up having tangles with authority and a supervillain with the power to steal others' powers. No relation to Kammi Kettu, by the way, it's a separate setting.

The Other World is Leaking is basically urban fantasy. I still need to read more of it.

Cuddle & Monster takes a different tack than the other stories, where the main character is the subject of an attempted animal transformation spell by an evil warlock and instead turned into a stuffed animal who starts to influence the warlock in a better direction

Birthrights I haven't read yet, but its premise seems to be main character finds his grandmother's legacy and goes exploring the world she had adventures in.

Jotnar: Mother of Monsters has the main character the subject of an attempted ritual to turn her into Loki's bride so Ragnarok, the end of the world, can start. She has her objections to that.

The Three Laws of Magic takes place in a world where magic can only directly affect a person with their consent.

I recommend checking out those authors' profiles for their other works. Scribblehub also has a transgender tag, unlike a certain site whose initials is RR.

I also have a story posted (I'm transgender myself), but it's only two chapters so far. I've been working on the third chapter. When I have more posted, I'll link it.
putting this here so that it isn't buried. not manga but you still read it so good enough.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Viridiant posted:

do-do-double house

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Read Family Compo by Tsukasa Hojo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this chapter is good

i want the sexy lesbian lady to flirt with me too

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 8, 2020

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm gay and love anime

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

an actual dog posted:

I'm gay and love anime

welcome

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I'm gay and love anime

Hell yeah

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

serious about akanesasu shoujo btw
The first episodes are kind of rough but the rest of it is absolutely fantastic with one of my favorite ending episodes of any show

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
nabari no ou is a shonen manga by a nonbinary author and deals with 'man the gender binary kinda sucks' if you want a decent shonen thats also decent Gender, as opposed to lgbt romance and drama manga

howeever the best character in nabari no ou is the cat

also the nabari no ou anime is pretty bad even if it has a good op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
cant find the panel but the page of nabari no ou where the gender issues kid is curled up in a ball while the narration goes 'black and white, front and back, victory or defeat. people are obsessed with things being one or the other.

male or female. they must have lived a difficult life. not knowing what they are.'

that page absolutely snaps

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

an actual dog posted:

I'm gay and love anime

Stalin-Chan
Feb 11, 2009
im gay and from time to time i watch an anime

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'm gay and read a lot of manga

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Relin posted:

almost nothing i read is homosexual but My solo exchange diary and My lesbian experience with loneliness are very good

It's as much depression as it is gay, and indeed very good. :yaycloud:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm a lesbian, and i read about lesbian

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
i read about many lesbian

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
hi, pan and agender, huge weeb (though certainly not as much now as when i was a teenager)

i don't read a lot of explicitly queer stuff though

i'll check something out when i hear about it being cool and good, but i've been burned too many times to keep touching the stove blindly

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

everythingWasBees posted:

putting this here so that it isn't buried. not manga but you still read it so good enough.

Thank you for preserving this essential post! It kinda got buried where it came from, yeah.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

for people wanting bl and similar
some of this stuff is NSFW (renta is all smut ime) but like nothing wrong with that

Everything Burrito posted:

Futekiya has been adding some pretty good stuff so a sub is worth it imo, if you want to read BL. A lot of this stuff will probably not ever get a print release either.

Some other good ones (all of these are going to be nsfw to some degree):
https://futekiya.com/mood-indigo/
https://futekiya.com/yuki-and-matsu/
https://futekiya.com/golden-sparkle/
https://futekiya.com/when-we-were-in-the-rose-forest/
https://futekiya.com/shinjuku-lucky-hole/
https://futekiya.com/necktie-and-praying-mantis/

They've got roughly 60 titles right now, so not the deepest library compared to some but they seem to be getting more of a curated selection rather than just anything and everything so the quality is good overall.

Some other places I've been reading:

https://www.manga.club/
They use tickets as currency and give you some for logging in or clicking a twitter post but they expire fast so you can't amass a giant pile just by logging in every day unfortunately. It's pretty good in that you can check out the first 1-3 chapters of something for free or only spend tickets, so you know if it's worth buying the remaining chapters with actual money. Quality of titles is much more mixed, so being able to check something out before buying is really helpful.

https://www.ebookrenta.com/
I've mentioned Renta a few times in the thread and was kinda skeptical for a long time but I've been keeping an eye on the titles they've been getting and at this point they've picked up too much stuff I want to read for me to avoid them any longer. I haven't bought too much from them yet because it's more expensive; you can either buy points in advance then spend them later or just buy chapters & volumes without messing with the point stuff. You get 1 point for logging in and they don't expire, but it'll take you a looooong time to accumulate enough to use them. They do have some free chapters and have regular sales so I've mostly been wishlisting and watching for sales.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

im trans, pan, and I read many gay and many lesbian and many trans

my guilty pleasure is genderbender series so I might be linking some of those because they were what helped encourage me to transition in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Manga/anime were really my first exposure to LGBT media which wasn't tokenist crap and/or like I dunno, depressing 20th century experimental literature. I dunno what to think about that except thank you touhou yuri romance doujins circa 2008.