Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

instead of gassing unresolved moderator abuse related threads

posting this while mods are here
e.

Ayn Randi posted:

"personally i dont think nazis should be allowed to post on or moderate forums"

Koalas March posted:

I didn't want to have to do this but gently caress it.
Jones helps run a network keeping tabs on chud and Nazi goons. I know some of those people/goons who assist in this, but I am with holding their name(s) for very obvious reasons. Jones has personally come to me with evidence of neonazis doxxing me, skoll in particular, threatening me and telling each other to do poo poo like take pictures of my house, mail me stuff etc. Whenever something heats up off-site and I might be in danger, Jones tells me. I have gigs of data sent to me by Jones whole he was collecting info on them. I've known this for a long, long time. I know which discords he is in and the people he is monitoring in those discords. I know that this info has been collecting over time was/is used to help keep the GDN chud and Nazi free.

I'm doing my best not to be really disheartened by this, but yeah. That's what I know.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Indeed. Blowing up a "legit informant" over cspam drama makes it actively harder to fight nazis on this site. I'm sure that sounds ridiculous but as more and more community interactions happen on discord, we rely on information from folks in those discords to help prevent planned abuse such as this. A month ago, everyone was *begging* us to do something about doxxing - this is what doing something about doxxing looks like. We don't control offsite poo poo and need folks in those spaces if we're to be anything but blind. The mod forum frequently discusses and permabans people from hateful offsite places because we want to prevent them from negatively influencing the forums. On multiple occasions I've personally done it based directly on information nazi alt accounts from PPJ.

NecroMonster posted:

if prester jane is right and this is fbi/cia poo poo i'm going to claw my eyes out of my face while giggling

Phi230 posted:

They're defending PPJ btw in the fashy discords

Zoran posted:

lmao forever that the administration tried to respond to the forums controversies by establishing their own spy ring, sending a mod under cover as himself, and possibly even getting him turned

cda posted:

The Spybourne Clock

CharlestonJew posted:

its like Point Break but instead of doing cool stuff like surfing and and skydiving PPJ is joining the KEK guild in Destiny 2

Gringostar posted:

the fact that the benghazis are now responsible for the downfall of two mods on this forum is loving hilarious to me

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
they wont, they are cowards

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
How do you do, fellow nazi hunters? I too hunt nazis. I Don't do a good job of it, mind you, mostly ban leftists, but y'know, keepin the forums safe

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

ok i opened it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
even if it’s true that it’ll be open by the end of the week they’re still going to close or gas these threads. they have no interest in accountability.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
every gassing just shows that lowtax was right when he said it was the mods protecting fyad

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Anyoen else looking forward to Nazi Hunter: Iceborne?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

there is a big response trying to address a buncha things directly, as clearly as possible, and as fully as possible, being worked on now

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Still very angry the ironic racism forum turned into a real racism forum.

Who could have predicted that??

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Squizzle posted:

there is a big response trying to address a buncha things directly, as clearly as possible, and as fully as possible, being worked on now

I can't wait for, "shut up you get nothing" for the 6th time

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Squizzle posted:

:f5:

YamiB.
Nov 5, 2009

Valleyant posted:

I can't wait for, "shut up you get nothing" for the 6th time

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squizzle posted:

cant wait for "shut up or else"

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

can someone please post a recap or something, I want to know the story of nazi hunter mod but threads keep getting deleted before I can find out

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Is it time to jeff post again because I have a jeff image rarin' to go

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Squizzle posted:

eek

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Zodium posted:

can someone please post a recap or something, I want to know the story of nazi hunter mod but threads keep getting deleted before I can find out

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909346&pagenumber=78&perpage=40#post501422954

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zodium posted:

ppj is actually acting as a one man army against all nazis, just off screen

this defends all his previous actions because i said so

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Valleyant posted:

How do you do, fellow nazi hunters? I too hunt nazis. I Don't do a good job of it, mind you, mostly ban leftists, but y'know, keepin the forums safe

we must manage the nazi population carefully for future generations to enjoy

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
making out with ppj, feeling his Tits and rear end

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Squizzle posted:

We don't want an address, we want an actual dialogue.

How this has been handled tells us everything we need to know about what's coming.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zodium posted:

ppj lurked in some shitass chud goon discord to pull discord IDs because a goon made discord bot was doxxing everyone on all servers it was on

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Squizzle posted:

Great, in the meantime, leave QCS open so that the community has a place to voice questions, comments, and concerns during whatever process is ongoing and so those questions, comments, and concerns dont need to be voiced in every other place.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

making out with ppj, feeling his Tits and rear end

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

so are any and all threads where we try to discuss said announcement going to be silently gassed too i wonder?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Let's say we believe that PPJ moonlights as a double agent sabotaging the Reich from within. That's legitimately cool... but that doesn't have much to do with being a moderator. PPJ may be a perfectly swell guy that I'd love to throw back a beer with, but that's also not the question at hand.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Please open QCS so I can watch the greatest show on earth, thanks in advance.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
actually fyad took so long to close because it was the nesting ground for a group of rare spotted nazis and their removal had to be coordinated with the fish and wildlife service

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

This is not what people have been asking for over the past several hours and you (as in the moderators, not you specifically) know that for a fact.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

actually fyad took so long to close because it was the nesting ground for a group of rare spotted nazis and their removal had to be coordinated with the fish and wildlife service

lol

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ppj lurked in some shitass chud goon discord to pull discord IDs because a goon made discord bot was doxxing everyone on all servers it was on

lol trying to minimize with just "lurked" we know he posted and was chummy with them

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Squizzle posted:

Maybe instead of a Big Response To Address Everything (and I'm being sincere here, I believe it's a genuine attempt, I do, I think this is at root an honest difference in perceptions, not some Grand Campaign To Keep CPAM Down), people from the moderation side of the fence with the ability to say more than "sorry, it's out of my hands" could come here and actually speak with us, for an extended time, like we're actual fellow human adults who just happen to disagree about some things. Listen as well as talk. As people have occasionally been known to do.

Admittedly that probably would have been easier before everyone's tempers got turned up to like 3,768, and before wagons got circled and before The Eleventh Shitposting Light Infantry turned up but that was also entirely avoidable, so.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Oh Snapple! posted:

We don't want an address, we want an actual dialogue.

How this has been handled tells us everything we need to know about what's coming.

This. We've been told to shut up, we've been told that Jeffrey doesn't want to deal with us, we've been told not to post in other forums, we've been compared to the alt-right, etc.

It took--I don't even know how many--iterations of this thread just to get "we're working on a statement". Why can't a dialogue be opened instead?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Phi230 posted:

lol trying to minimize with just "lurked" we know he posted and was chummy with them

yeah i can't imagine why mods don't want to have a conversation with the mob that thinks they're all crypto-nazis

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

docbeard posted:

Maybe instead of a Big Response To Address Everything (and I'm being sincere here, I believe it's a genuine attempt, I do, I think this is at root an honest difference in perceptions, not some Grand Campaign To Keep CPAM Down), people from the moderation side of the fence with the ability to say more than "sorry, it's out of my hands" could come here and actually speak with us, for an extended time, like we're actual fellow human adults who just happen to disagree about some things. Listen as well as talk. As people have occasionally been known to do.

Admittedly that probably would have been easier before everyone's tempers got turned up to like 3,768, and before wagons got circled and before The Eleventh Shitposting Light Infantry turned up but that was also entirely avoidable, so.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The lack of communication is only making that worse.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Me hunting nazis, as I had to have every nazi post painstakingly pointed out to me because I'm a great hunter

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah i can't imagine why mods don't want to have a conversation with the mob that thinks they're all crypto-nazis

voluntarily associating yourself with right wing extremists is not a good look and I don't buy he was "infiltrating" them for a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They didn't want to before, either.