Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah i can't imagine why mods don't want to have a conversation with the mob that thinks they're all crypto-nazis

they didn't want to have the conversation before people got all mad at them for the FYAD nazi situation either

but do go on about how we're all unreasonable children. that'll surely make the conversation better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

actually fyad took so long to close because it was the nesting ground for a group of rare spotted nazis and their removal had to be coordinated with the fish and wildlife service

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

there is a big response trying to address a buncha things directly, as clearly as possible, and as fully as possible, being worked on now

lol.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah i can't imagine why mods don't want to have a conversation with the mob that thinks they're all crypto-nazis

its almost like they've had months to talk to the community about all the issues before it escalated to this point

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Valleyant posted:

I can't wait for, "shut up you get nothing" for the 6th time

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Too bad there is no way to stop everyone from getting worked up into an unruly mob about no one saying anything substantial.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It cannot be stressed enough that getting to this point was entirely avoidable and yet the worst possible route was taken again and again.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

mods spent their budget of "reasonable dialogue among equals" with FYAD transphobes and now have none left for any else i guess

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just wanted to point out, the mods had enough time to probate people for "re-opening gassed threads", talk about how great PPJ is as a person and all the nazi hunting and suicide saving acts he's done, change the title of CSPAM, tell us about a big announcement post that is coming soon, and making other announcements about various other stuff...

but can't find the time to address any of the issues people have raised or have a dialogue about why things have gone the way they have.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

docbeard posted:

Maybe instead of a Big Response To Address Everything (and I'm being sincere here, I believe it's a genuine attempt, I do, I think this is at root an honest difference in perceptions, not some Grand Campaign To Keep CPAM Down), people from the moderation side of the fence with the ability to say more than "sorry, it's out of my hands" could come here and actually speak with us, for an extended time, like we're actual fellow human adults who just happen to disagree about some things. Listen as well as talk. As people have occasionally been known to do.

Admittedly that probably would have been easier before everyone's tempers got turned up to like 3,768, and before wagons got circled and before The Eleventh Shitposting Light Infantry turned up but that was also entirely avoidable, so.

if the last couple weeks have shown anything, it's that no one will actually be happy with this unless it results in the admins saying "you're right, sorry, we were wrong about everything"

plenty of IKs, mods, and even the occasional admin or two have come into threads like this over the last couple of weeks to give their thoughts and justifications and positions. yet the threads are still happening. so clearly this isn't really a lack of communication, so much as it is people not being satisfied with the answers they get and refusing to accept the arguments given for those answers

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Nobody thinks PPJ is a nazi. He either is friends with nazis (bad) or he has obviously done an extraordinarily bad job at being nazi hunter as evidenced by the events of the past month

all anyone is doing is making fun of the assertion that PPJ is some brave nazi tracker; and the audacity of the people making that assertion as if we are as stupid and credulous as places like DnD

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

if the last couple weeks have shown anything, it's that no one will actually be happy with this unless it results in the admins saying "you're right, sorry, we were wrong about everything"

plenty of IKs, mods, and even the occasional admin or two have come into threads like this over the last couple of weeks to give their thoughts and justifications and positions. yet the threads are still happening. so clearly this isn't really a lack of communication, so much as it is people not being satisfied with the answers they get and refusing to accept the arguments given for those answers

Talking at us is not talking to us.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Every thread needs an own admin and own moderator this 18+ forum simply can no longer survive without a babysitter on every corner. We must make a task force of the most elite posters around the clock ensuring I don’t wanna read anything on the entire forum I don’t wanna. Anything less is crypto facist!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Main Paineframe posted:

Yeah, now it's at that point, because the communication from the mods so far has been "shut the gently caress up we don't care what you think or want"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

christmas boots posted:

Let's say we believe that PPJ moonlights as a double agent sabotaging the Reich from within. That's legitimately cool... but that doesn't have much to do with being a moderator. PPJ may be a perfectly swell guy that I'd love to throw back a beer with, but that's also not the question at hand.

Yeah, the weird thing is that there's this implication that they deserve to be mod and it's somehow wronging them to take away that authority. That isn't how that sort of thing is supposed to work.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
PPJ putting the cyanide pill between his teeth as the Taylor Swift avatars close in on his hiding spot in Nazi Discord HQ

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

christmas boots posted:

Let's say we believe that PPJ moonlights as a double agent sabotaging the Reich from within. That's legitimately cool... but that doesn't have much to do with being a moderator. PPJ may be a perfectly swell guy that I'd love to throw back a beer with, but that's also not the question at hand.
!

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.
Server $200
Data $150
Nazi Hunting Stealth Tech $800
Defending PPJ from entirely fair criticism $36,000
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my forum is full of drama

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Main Paineframe posted:

those ungrateful cspam fucks don't appreciate honor of being told to move along by the mods. by an admin even! smdh

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah, now it's at that point, because the communication from the mods so far has been "shut the gently caress up we don't care what you think or want"

Oh Snapple! posted:

Talking at us is not talking to us.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

And yet they were more than happy to go into TGRS and talk to them, repeatedly, including several admins when asked.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

those ungrateful cspam gently caress don't appreciate honor of being told to move along by the mods. by an admin even! smdh

These posters are so ungrateful! PICK UP THAT CAN

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Main Paineframe posted:

every time they come in all they say is something along the lines of "no actually there are no issues that need to be discussed" or "actually you are the bigot here"

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
PPJ Blazkowicz

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

weird how people were set off by having the jubilant thread where everyone was mostly happy erased with no warning just because they mocked a bad mod and a hilariously weird defense of his contributions to ~the community~ that he actively lets down at every turn

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, the weird thing is that there's this implication that they deserve to be mod and it's somehow wronging them to take away that authority. That isn't how that sort of thing is supposed to work.

i think the correct answer is that the admins do not believe PPJ has done anything deserving of removing moderating powers other than telling him to ignore CSPAM. somewhat similar to when FAU didn't remove my IK buttons after the perma incident and instead sent a reprimand via PM. and then i lost the buttons a month later anyway for unknown reasons

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Anukis posted:

weird how people were set off by having the jubilant thread where everyone was mostly happy erased with no warning just because they mocked a bad mod

:thunk:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Main Paineframe posted:

This has been an issue going on longer than you're implying. You can tell by the numerous threads in QCS about this subject.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Considering that literally 0 of our concerns or requests have been granted; instead we lose Nichael's buttons and several key members of the community.

People wouldn't be this angry if you actually engaged

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

THE MOD GROWLS "TAKE DOWN TH OSE POSTS, CITIZEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH "trmpo" TATTOOS ON BOTH LEGS. THE COP SCREAMS; DEFEATED

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

People would be happy with:

*top level cspam
*un perma cc & b2
*re ik nichaels
*make ppj Official SA Discord Nazi hunter and give him a sticked thread in D&D to talk about it instead of being a mod
*move logik to dnd

what else?

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 7, 2020

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

literally 0 to Chaos because you had to close ranks around billy shitboy

AGAIN

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i think the correct answer is that the admins do not believe PPJ has done anything deserving of removing moderating powers other than telling him to ignore CSPAM. somewhat similar to when FAU didn't remove my IK buttons after the perma incident and instead sent a reprimand via PM. and then i lost the buttons a month later anyway for unknown reasons

i hope you get your red star one day...

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

People would be happy with:

*top level cspam
*un perma cc & b2
*re ik nichaels
*make ppj Official SA Discord Nazi hunter and give him a sticked thread in D&D to talk about it instead of being a mod

what else?

move logik to dnd

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

420 Gank Mid posted:

THE MOD GROWLS "TAKE DOWN TH OSE POSTS, CITIZEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH "trmpo" TATTOOS ON BOTH LEGS. THE COP SCREAMS; DEFEATED

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i hope you get your red star one day...

actually how do i go about getting the hammer and sickle plat icon?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Hopkins FBI posted:

PPJ Blazkowicz

Honey Trap Queen
Jul 30, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anukis posted:

TGRS isn't specifically anticapitalist, so

More like TGRS has a mod that advocates for her posters

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

actually how do i go about getting the hammer and sickle plat icon?

You'd have to ask Jeffrey since he has SA code access right now and it has to be done in the CSS, for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Let's assume this is correct and PPJ is innocent and we're all just being hysterical. Why can't C-SPAM simply be made a top-level forum? That solves the problem just as easily from a mechanical standpoint. What's the specific reason?