Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
i think i remember reading about a bug on pc where higher framerates result in a proportionally higher metabolism so you and your horse are pretty much always going to be underweight no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

TorakFade posted:

Oh and one last thing, is it WAD that I'm underweight all the time? I've started wolfing down several bowls of stew every time I'm at camp, and I munched through my entire stack of plain cooked meats just to try and get back to normal, but I'm still underweight and can't seem to even move one step towards "normal". Had the same problem in singleplayer too...

Seems like it only updates after relogging. I managed to get overweight during the snowy weather 'cause I had to eat constantly.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Never saw anyone else complain when I mentioned it before, but holy cow the game taking me out of right click to aim is frustrating as hell. This doesnt happen to anyone else? Right click to aim, start aiming at something, game will randomly take me out of aiming mode. I have toggle to aim, if I press right click and touch nothing else the game will leave me aiming for 5-10 seconds but will always take me out of it. Even if I hold in rmb, it will take me out of it.

Kind of related, it also happens when those context sensitive buttons pop up. Selling to a butcher? Hold in rmb, press and hold R and maybe 10-20% of the time the game acts like I let go of rmb and I have to start the action over again.

Is it literally just me?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I reached maximum weight in online (PC) by eating nothing but big game meat, and not even when I was already full health.

Re: rmb issue, is your mouse on the way out maybe?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I thought about mentioning it, but no its a brand new mouse I bought to fix a universal double click lmb issue. The in-game rmb issue existed in both mice and not in any other game.

e: My very uneducated guess is that it could be related to the high frame rate issue? I suppose later I can throw vsync on and see if it happens.

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 7, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Glitchiness: if I'm buying a bunch of poo poo out of the catalog, ammo usually, it'll sometimes start to lag badly as the transaction is recorded. This can also happen when donating bigger stacks of critterbits to Cripps, or even when conducting a mass-cooking spree. Last night, I actually had it hang during cooking, and had to reconnect to get out of the cooking stance.

Non-glitchy: made level 10 Trader, and level 2 Bounty Hunter. :v: Had enough disconnects and infinite-loads for Moonshiner that I'm gonna hold off that for a while.

Cripps, you dumb poo poo, why did you set up camp on top of that isolated mesa, with no roads, cliffs almost entirely surrounding and the only way around either side being giant cactus fields? I'm sure it's safe from marauding dicks, but it's also safe from animals and I'm pretty sure it's a guaranteed wreck-the-wagon or run-out-of-time Trader run failures.

As for the Outlaw Pass: it seems to level really quickly - I only bought it just after Christmas, when I first started playing Online to get the Xmas free poo poo, and as of last night I'm at Level 86/100. I'd have to go through the unlocks, but it does give out cowboybux, gold, treasure maps, boxes of supplies/collectibles/ammo (including level-locked stuff before you unlock it - hello, explosive ammo before player level 30 :getin:), vouchers for assorted things ranging from clothes/item discount, free fast travel/Trader resupply/mash, and on and on. The first Pass also had role XP bonuses, and was regular XP 1000 per level - not sure what the number is now, I just run around doing poo poo and check my deliveries/offers every so often.

Will you get your 40/50 gold buy-in in goods/services/shiny shiny gold value? Maybe - considering the gold dribbling in from dailies and doin' thangs, In could have afforded it legit by now, instead of using my preorder gold. If you can find the unlocks/gimmes for the second Pass, you can judge for yourself. (I'm at work and have a lot of blocking, so the only list I've been able to access is for the first one.)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

PaybackJack posted:

Some might say it's the greatest handgun ever made. Its six bullets are certainly enough to kill anything that moves.

:ocelot:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Outlaw Pass is super worth it and yeah it levels up way faster than the "normal" levels so it's a fire hose of free stuff. I don't regret paying 20bux to get enough gold bars for the pass and the holiday-discounted trader role either. RDR2's gameplay loops might be liquid crack to my brain, but grinding up the gold for the roles first might've been a bit too much for me.

Cage posted:

Never saw anyone else complain when I mentioned it before, but holy cow the game taking me out of right click to aim is frustrating as hell. This doesnt happen to anyone else? Right click to aim, start aiming at something, game will randomly take me out of aiming mode. I have toggle to aim, if I press right click and touch nothing else the game will leave me aiming for 5-10 seconds but will always take me out of it. Even if I hold in rmb, it will take me out of it.

Kind of related, it also happens when those context sensitive buttons pop up. Selling to a butcher? Hold in rmb, press and hold R and maybe 10-20% of the time the game acts like I let go of rmb and I have to start the action over again.

Is it literally just me?
It's not just you. Toggle aiming is definitely bugged in online mode and I eventually disabled it the first day there were challenges for cooking fish meat.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Ash1138 posted:

It's not just you. Toggle aiming is definitely bugged in online mode and I eventually disabled it the first day there were challenges for cooking fish meat.
Thank you, I finally found a reddit thread where people had the same issue. Glad its not just me.

Thanks for the (hopefully temporary :argh:) fix!

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

The weird “skipping” for contextual things happens to me in two situations: when I’m very near to another player - If I tell my buddy there’s a collectible here, I can’t grab it while he’s near it. Or when I’m in a very weird borderline position for the context - Trying to put a turkey on my horse, but the start of the animation somehow kicks my guy out of the context area or something.

I absolutely believe there’s probably also a bug y’all are having related to that but I’ve learned to work around those two situations so I hope it helps somewhat at least.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Speaking of weapons, has anyone else been locked out of the High Roller Revolver variant at the Emerald Ranch fence? I didn't pick it up before it got locked, but today I got around the lock by using the gun voucher benefit.

Great jank as per usual R*.

Choom Gangster fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 7, 2020

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Choom Gangster posted:

Speaking of weapons, has anyone else been locked out of the High Roller Revolver variant at the Emerald Ranch fence? I didn't pick it up before it got locked, but today I got around the lock by using the gun voucher benefit.

Great jank as per usual R*.

You can also buy it with gold. :rockstar:

Provided you don't get disconnected a trillion times over in the attempt. Are their servers getting DDoS'ed or some poo poo?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

SplitSoul posted:

You can also buy it with gold. :rockstar:

Provided you don't get disconnected a trillion times over in the attempt. Are their servers getting DDoS'ed or some poo poo?

The hamsters powering the server potatos are still recovering from New Years.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

I don’t know what they did but I have not had any infinite load screens when starting moonshine delivery missions or moonshine regular missions the past two weeks. Always loads in now.

I’m on Xbox btw.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i think i remember reading about a bug on pc where higher framerates result in a proportionally higher metabolism so you and your horse are pretty much always going to be underweight no matter what

They patched that out in one of the two initial updates for PC.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Day four of playing online. Made level 28, and hit rank 10 trader. I bought the large cart, but am a couple hundred dollars short for the hunting wagon. That will happen tomorrow. So far I feel like trader has cost me more than it has made me, given the large upfront costs for these vehicles. I suppose they are just one time costs, but they have consumed most of my cash.

I've still only purchased two weapons in the bolt action and varmint rifle, am still using the starter horse and saddle.

I've mostly been setting up camp in the cholla springs area. I like the relatively flat terrain and abundance of pronghorn. The deliveries are often annoyingly long though.

I made just enough gold today to pick up my second profession, bounty hunting. I tried a couple of bounties, and it seems pretty neat. I didn't know that there were actual mission-like special bounties. I feel like I probably should have picked up bounty hunting as my first profession, given that trader doesn't seem to give any gold rewards.

Apparently there is some twitch prime thing which can get you the collector bag for free. I linked it a day ago, but the bag still seems to cost gold in game. Not sure how that works.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

Apparently there is some twitch prime thing which can get you the collector bag for free. I linked it a day ago, but the bag still seems to cost gold in game. Not sure how that works.

Rockstar says it usually takes 24 to 48 hours to register, if it doesn't go through after a couple days, file a ticket to support before it's too late (like it was for me.)

Bounty hunter is definitely better for gold than money, much more fun with a posse.
Trader is better for money than gold. Running long distance deliveries of 100 goods is risky as hell but the rewards are great, much more fun with a posse.
Collector is another great time burner, great for solo runs, and makes some good money and gold.
Moonshiner is the true money sink, but if you want another great horse, some cool outfits or some other assorted sundries, its a good end-game pastime.

You can also register for two-step authentication on Rockstar Social for some extra gold and goodies. And, while you won't earn your investment back until you've maxed it out, Outlaw Pass is a great boon to leveling while building up your roles. I've invested in everything but moonshiner and I've been racking up levels, and money, left and right. Free roam events are good, too, although I only ever do fishing or archery.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

My personal view is that you can probably skip the hunting wagon unless you are plagued with frequent disconnects and need a place to store carcasses quickly. I find it more efficient to ride around close to camp and when I find a herd of deer, I shoot one, then lasso and stab another. Then I load one carcass on the horse and drag the other with the lasso. You need a decent horse to chase the deer for this, but that's cheaper than the wagon and more useful anyway. I do this because I got tired of scaring away prey as I roll up on them with the noisy wagon which takes forever to slow down. Hell, you can even steal some dude's horse and have your horse follow. That way you can get 3 carcasses on one run.

Basically, the time I save hunting prey on my horse IMO more than makes up for having to do two runs. It's also more fun to ride on a horse than to sit on that slow, lovely wagon.

The large delivery wagon is a must have, but if you're low on cash you should consider not buying the hunting wagon.

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jan 8, 2020

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Cripps you dumb gently caress, I'm trying to level trader, stop moving my camp to the most wagon inaccessible places imaginable. :argh:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Cripps isnt a dog person at all! Mouthing off everytime I pat my dog. But he dont say poo poo about the Husky pup. Hes a dog nazi is Cripps. Pat your mutt proudly and flip him off

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Protip: combine the Rivera hooded tunic, dreadlock hairstyle, worn denim pants, and the pico sandals (or barefoot) and you're ready to scalp Phish tickets outside the St. Denis theater.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Trader is better for money than gold. Running long distance deliveries of 100 goods is risky as hell but the rewards are great, much more fun with a posse.

Long distance deliveries are not worth it. You get maybe an extra 125$ as the Trader who delivers but for another 15 minutes of sitting in your wagon and with a giant red target painted on your wagon that can be seen from two states away and announced to people not even in Offensive if you just happen to drive nearby. If you were getting double the cost of a local delivery, it would be worth doing but it's really not. Local deliveries don't announce to the locals that there's a wagon nearby nor do you show up on the map as a rival mission, and they take half the time.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
My online guns (lvl 115 last i checked) are dual Mausers, litchfield repeater, and double-barreled shotgun. When I go hunting in Tall Trees I swap out the two long guns for a bow and Springfield.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Stooging around a bit last night, murdering wildlife, murdering random settler/traveller attackers, murdering sketchy dude that requests a ride and then pulls a gun, murdering Lemoyne ambushers, and pulling off 4-5 bounties (only one dead, too). Plus a mail delivery, stealing a Braithwaite horse for Trelawny, rescuing a dude way down a St Denis alleyway with a bunch of Lemoyne "muggers" coming out of the woodwork, and drinking in as many different bars possible. Made one local delivery of 100 goods. Am now at Outlaw Pass level 98. poo poo levels *fast* - and now I have both the Cougar Skull mask for the horse, and Ulysses' Old World jacket the Rebellion poncho.

gently caress you Rockstar: while hitting St Denis saloons, found Anthony Foreman (previously found at Radley's Cabin giving out a mission that was never completed), who offered to let me assassinate some gang members. "Cool, murder murder murder, money money money." Seven and a half minutes, not a problem.

Targets are just outside of Blackwater. :suicide:

???: came back from a bounty/wildlife extermination job, and there's some old homeless guy sitting at camp - no shoes, no shirt, the most raggedy-rear end pants I've seen in the game, and a Level 10 hobo beard. Gives me the options of attack or giving a chunk of herpatile meat, so one toad that was stuck on a knife and held in the fire later, he wanders off. Tried following, he seemed to panic and run, so I went back to critter-murder. He did imply I'd see him again, though. :iiam:

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Is there any counter to Trade Route trolls who sit in the last wagon and don't move it? Friendly fire is disabled, and I don't think the wagon can be blown apart with dynamite.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Jones posted:

Is there any counter to Trade Route trolls who sit in the last wagon and don't move it? Friendly fire is disabled, and I don't think the wagon can be blown apart with dynamite.

Try throwing a fire bottle at the wagon so it spooks the horses when it lights up?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Outlaw Pass Level 100! So, like two weeks of play to get there, but there *were* days of loving around all day in the game, and the Great Try To Find All Collectibles In One Go grindfest.

Weird poo poo: had my horse ghost on me in Blackwater - invisible, still had a map/radar marker, if I positioned myself carefully I could access my weapons/cargo, but couldn't otherwise interact other than whistling for it. Fast-travelled and it came back. :iiam:

Speaking of ghosts, Cripps apparently figured out a new camp defense - same as the horse, invisible and non-interactable. Neither physical travel nor fast-travel brought it back, and I couldn't change locations. Was in the middle of making a couple of deliveries for the daily, too.

Story missions in Online: are those forced-multiplayer? The one Moonshiner one I did solo, but I went to help the Valentine sheriff and it wanted to matchmake. :( I'm loving antisocial, if I wanted to interact with non-NPCs I'd go to the horse store locally and jack one IRL.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Ygolonac posted:

Story missions in Online: are those forced-multiplayer? The one Moonshiner one I did solo, but I went to help the Valentine sheriff and it wanted to matchmake. :( I'm loving antisocial, if I wanted to interact with non-NPCs I'd go to the horse store locally and jack one IRL.

Bad news: most story missions are 2-4 players so you'll be forced to matchmake.
Good news: you don't have to interact with the other players if you don't want to, and most other players just "play along" fine without being a bother.

Actually, I generally hate playing online due to toxic communities everywhere, but I've been playing RDO for like 9 days straight now, at least a couple hours every day and sometimes much more, and I met exactly 1 cheater and 1 person that killed me, twice. All the other dozens of players I met were either not interested in me (or in interacting in general I guess), or just nice people that waved / said "hello, partner" when crossing paths.

Oh, and once I was barreling full gallop down the road and another guy was barreling full gallop the opposite way. We collided head-on and flew off our horses, but no one died, so no harm done I guess :v:

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

I was just out hunting medium animals for Cripps and stumbled upon a possum, which promptly got the good news. After I stowed it on my horse, I discovered another possum lying next to it. I figured I'd run it over chasing the first one and went to pick it up, when it sprung to life and tried to escape. It had literally been playing possum! The details in this game is nothing short of amazing.

I murdered it with sawn off shotguns.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

What’s fun about online too is that when I have found people who want to fight, most folks are more than willing to settle for goofy fights that are like just fist fights and lassos, knives, or stuff like that. A lot more fun than the person you run into now and then that just wants to snipe everyone one shot with a rolling block.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I’ve seen a few cheaters in my week or so of playing. ALWAYS in the Railroad free roam event and once when a guy teleported everyone to one spot. It’s annoying but it’s obvious who to report. Always seems to be low levels too so I assume cheaters don’t make it far without being banned. I just wish Rockstar would deal with the situation in a way that stops cheaters from popping up at all.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Almost all the hackers I've run into were the first day of play - exploding me/my horse followed by uncontrollable ragdolling, not to mention everyone else on the server, until the hacker quit/was kicked. A little later it was raining cougars a few times, and IIRC the play-day ended with uncontrollable shaky-cam which is when I finally quit and went to bed. I suspect different hackers for the three different "events" and I think the last was even a different server (legit disconnect).

Can't say for sure I've seen more, but I'm just freeroaming. A couple multi-wolf encounters, but nothing so overwhelming or out-of-place to say "gently caress off script-kiddie".

Then again, I did GTAO for a few hours to get Lowry's Revolver in RDO, and while there was some sketchy money discussion in chat, nothing anyone did was affecting me. Hell, I never even got attacked by other players, which I kinda expected.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Also be a little careful with reports: I’ve had hackers that blew everyone up in the server - using my name, somehow. I don’t know rightly how you find the right guy, but some absolutely try to get other people hit for their crap.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

raining cougars sounds rad tho

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sleekly posted:

Yeah I don’t think I could even be mad if that happened to me

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Depends on if you're you're just starting, got jack and poo poo for weapons, and are just trying to get to Blackwater for the horse-theft story mission. Catstorming a big multiplayer event? That'd be amusing... turn the big bare-knuckle championship into Challenge Mode. :black101:

After getting killed the second time, I respawned a bit further way, said "fuckit" and started running towards town. The dude they were centered on got killed, respawned near me, and I guess he assumed I was at fault because he was shooting at me while chasing. Think he got cougared some more, because I did make it and got my mission.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I played RDO for one day and was constantly trolled in the story missions and free roam till I gave up after a few hours

I’ll join the goon discord for the next time I try it out but I felt it being way worse than GTAO

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Sleekly posted:

I would pay for a cheat or event that set a ton of cougars loose in Saint Denis.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i tried kiting bears from Tall Trees to Blackwater but they dont chase u very far at all. could possibly kite a bunch of wolves though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I’m curious, would bait work?