Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
If you have Humble Choice Street Fighter V and Them's Fightin' Herds is available this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I humbly choose to pass on that incredible deal

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dirt is a good game

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

There's a goon selling steam keys for SFV for $3, and Soul Calibur for $6 in SA-Mart https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3883002

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Why don't they release it on Steam already, fuuuuuuck

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Thank You Stadia

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

shocked they're not chargin the full 60

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

Why don't they release it on Steam already, fuuuuuuck

by the law of console exclusive games, it will come to PC at the exact instant i'm no longer interested in playing

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Will Samsho get the free season pass on switch too?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm assuming not for the cheaper price, it would be cool if they still make one character per season free to everyone though.

Is Samurai Shodown! 2 going to be on the PS4? I know we'll never see Match of the Millennium but I'm hoping that's a precursor to the other NGPC stuff getting ported or compiled in some way.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I'm unreasonably hype for Samsho after watching a bunch of videos and dicking around in Samsho V. I've read that it's going to be released on Steam on the same day as on the Switch, is that confirmed?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No there's been no word yet on the non-stadia PC release

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

In Training posted:

No there's been no word yet on the non-stadia PC release

:negative:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

They unironically would have had more success porting it to the Dreamcast instead of the Stadia.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Neo Rasa posted:

They unironically would have had more success porting it to the Dreamcast instead of the Stadia.

They would have had more success porting it to a smart fridge than Stadia. At least the smart fridge would also have Doom.

But a Dreamcast port with 2D backgrounds and the low-poly models would have actually been pretty sweet.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Something something Tesla port.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I played koihime yesterday. Pretty fun despite the horny(?) aesthetic, reminds me a bit of samsho mixed with sf. Very footsies oriented. Had to use discord to find a match, but it was pretty easy to do pick up and play

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Koihime is fun to play but I'd feel pretty bad if my girlfriend walked in while I was. And I main Laura in SFV and Lucky Chloe in Tekken.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

It's unfortunate that most people here pass on Koihime because of some plot background or the character designs (which I also don't understand, IMO they're no worse than Laura, Chloe, most of the DoA roster depending on costume, etc...), because it's one of the most solid and fun 2D footsies-style fighters I've ever played. I'm fortunate to have strong local comp for it, though.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1214607633325416450

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mason Dixon posted:

It's unfortunate that most people here pass on Koihime because of some plot background or the character designs (which I also don't understand, IMO they're no worse than Laura, Chloe, most of the DoA roster depending on costume, etc...), because it's one of the most solid and fun 2D footsies-style fighters I've ever played. I'm fortunate to have strong local comp for it, though.

90% of this is worse than laura chloe and most of the doa roster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't mean from some sexualization angle or w/e I just mean the character art is ugly as sin.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The coward KT needs to show the atelier costumes for doa6 already. I need to know who will be which characters. It's also a reminder that the assumed narrative around the doa player base is perhaps incorrect.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

The coward KT needs to show the atelier costumes for doa6 already. I need to know who will be which characters. It's also a reminder that the assumed narrative around the doa player base is perhaps incorrect.
perhaps? its literally provably incorrect, lol

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

perhaps? its literally provably incorrect, lol

Well yeah, that perception just never seems to stick.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hey you guys, stop grouping Lucky Chloe in with that hussy Laura just because Dreqqus said they main both but feels bad when they play Koihime.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah lucky Chloe is cool

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Which one is Gan Ning the River Pirate?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Breakdancing Cat Girl is cool, Laura would have probably been a lot better in a different game but even then could also still be a lot worse. Koihime Enbu, a game I will admit I just got the Limited Run Games SE of in their new year sale, has a weird coating of "oh no" to it, but that may also be a side effect of knowing full and well that there's a chance that they're trying to attract a creeper players with those designs. Also everyone has baby faces because anime.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

So he's rogue?

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
I gotta admit Chloe has about 10x more personality than Laura

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Do not underestimate combat aerobics.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

In Training posted:

I don't mean from some sexualization angle or w/e I just mean the character art is ugly as sin.

That's fair, and I can understand people not liking that art. That just wasn't the first reason I thought of since the first comment was about being embarrassed if the girlfriend walks in, but maybe I misinterpreted.

Design-wise, I'll take Tekken over SFV any day.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The issue with Koihime is not that it's horny, it's that it's ugly horny.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Koihime is a great game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

koihime looks better than mortal kombat and killer instinct at least

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Dias posted:

The issue with Koihime is not that it's horny, it's that it's ugly horny.

Yeah the game looks like it's fun and I trust folks in here saying it's great to play but the character designs are an immediate turn off to me.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah the game looks like it's fun and I trust folks in here saying it's great to play but the character designs are an immediate turn off to me.

Just remember one of those girls is Lu Bu.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The soundtrack is awful tho

When I play I mute the music and play the 3s soundtrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Reiley posted:

Which one is Gan Ning the River Pirate?

google tells me