Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

night slime posted:

Been messing around with the bell and noticed it seems to be a double-or-nothing effect. Places with BTs are empty occasionally for about ten minutes without me having done anything in the area, which I've never seen before, or they seem to have a giant BT boss there after you get captured. If you really hate that effect that plays it might be worth a shot.

"BT boss when you get captured" is normal gameplay, only NPCs get insta-voided by the normal BTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

night slime
May 14, 2014

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

"BT boss when you get captured" is normal gameplay, only NPCs get insta-voided by the normal BTs

Yeah I know, just wanted to differentiate it from the additional catchers people were reporting. I can't really tell if it's a different type of boss but it definitely seems bigger and takes more hits. Could be in my head I guess.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
Thinking back, I have a question about some late game BT's up on the mountain.

There was a couple of 'stronger' BT's up on the mountain that, as far as I can remember, kinda did a warp or a phase out thing when I shot them with the anti-BT gun. The effects were reddish/yellowish/orange/golden?? in colour when I shot it.

Was that BT anything? A stronger enemy? Was I just using a regular gun and didn't notice? Something special about the mountain? I never really saw a payoff on that, and never had to deal with it once my zip-lines let me just blow past that area.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Capital Letdown posted:

Thinking back, I have a question about some late game BT's up on the mountain.

There was a couple of 'stronger' BT's up on the mountain that, as far as I can remember, kinda did a warp or a phase out thing when I shot them with the anti-BT gun. The effects were reddish/yellowish/orange/golden?? in colour when I shot it.

Was that BT anything? A stronger enemy? Was I just using a regular gun and didn't notice? Something special about the mountain? I never really saw a payoff on that, and never had to deal with it once my zip-lines let me just blow past that area.

Just stronger, they still die in 1 shot with the handcuff, I don't know if any amount of regular weapons can kill them otherwise

from what I hear they can show up in other situations if you've hosed up and caused a voidout in an area but iirc that's the only place that specific type spawns normally

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Just stronger, they still die in 1 shot with the handcuff, I don't know if any amount of regular weapons can kill them otherwise

from what I hear they can show up in other situations if you've hosed up and caused a voidout in an area but iirc that's the only place that specific type spawns normally

According to the wiki the only weapon that can kill them is chiral bullets.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Fun fact: BT bosses are chiral crystal piñatas. Don’t fear them

I used to avoid mule camps and BTs whenever possible. I do have an infant in a just after all. Now I stopped being a coward and bust them up all day and it’s pretty easy since the game (sometimes literally) throws gear at you all the time.

skooma512 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 8, 2020

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

skooma512 posted:

Fun fact: BT bosses are chiral crystal piñatas. Don’t fear them

I used to avoid mule camps and BTs whenever possible. I do have an infant in a just after all. Now I stopped being a coward and bust them up all day and it’s pretty easy since the game (sometimes literally) throws gear at you all the time.

Oh my yes :getin:

1 Level 2 BT handgun will take care of several if you have the blood for it, it's impressive how crap the other weapons feel in comparison to the charge shot

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Firing my blood railgun at ghosts like I'm a startled frog in the amazon rainforest

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Death Stranding is pretty much a Ghostbusters simulator

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It's the opposite because this entire world is a ghost containment unit and you're letting them out

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
Once I discovered that you could use assault rifles to murder BTs after tagging them with a blood grenade I started killing every large BT I encounter.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

About 4 grenade launcher shots, followed up by a burst of Chiral Bullets, is the fastest I ever killed one of the squid BTs.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

He wasn't lying, it really is a Social Strand System game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I seriously hope strand type games become a real genre.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmr-ANvGswg

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I must say this game is legit helping me process my work closing.

We're a really old hospital and lots of people here are OGs who worked here their entire careers, sometimes even also attending the nursing school or being born here.

Everybody is helping each other out and supporting each other and I can't help but think of Death Stranding's themes. I wish I could put signs in the hallway. I've settled for whiteboards.

Is it a coincidence the new member icon in Facebook group looks like a chiral crystal?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Open question: Does anybody recall any spots where it's cold but there isn't any snow around? I'm testing various conditions/items and how they affect stamina and endurance and I need a long flat area where it's cold but not snowy so Sam walks normally.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

CJacobs posted:

I seriously hope strand type games become a real genre.

Asynchronous MP really is criminally underutilized. Especially if you don't actually need PSN+ to use it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

CJacobs posted:

Open question: Does anybody recall any spots where it's cold but there isn't any snow around? I'm testing various conditions/items and how they affect stamina and endurance and I need a long flat area where it's cold but not snowy so Sam walks normally.

Wearing thermal pads all the time has led me to believe that snow = cold one to one. However desire paths flatten snow out so that Sam doesn’t sink in it. I’d try between the mountaineer and the survivalist. You might be able to find one between the evodevo and heartman’s that would be longer?

e: I guess I’m assuming that desire paths don’t have a stamina bonus attached to them.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Asynchronous MP really is criminally underutilized. Especially if you don't actually need PSN+ to use it.

And you just know games are gathering this telemetry anyway.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

So does Heartman spend most of his 21 minutes of life pounding booze? awful lot of liquor deliveries to the ballsack labs

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

new kind of cat posted:

So does Heartman spend most of his 21 minutes of life pounding booze? awful lot of liquor deliveries to the ballsack labs

I think he’s just a rare alcohol snob.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Anyone S-Legend all the orders? I think I have like 50 more to go.

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!

new kind of cat posted:

Maybe he'd find his family if he wasn't stumbling around the Beaches totally wasted

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Heartman's postgame email was really strange to me. In the last 21 minute window I met a woman, fell in love, and won't be searching for my family anymore.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CaptainSkinny posted:

Heartman's postgame email was really strange to me. In the last 21 minute window I met a woman, fell in love, and won't be searching for my family anymore.

Yeah I don’t understand how the ending changed anything for him. His original point of everyone having a different afterlife and wanting to pass on with his family wasn’t disproved or anything.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
imo he probably just realized that in dedicating so much of his attention to searching the beach, he's wasting whatever actual real life he has left.

night slime
May 14, 2014

CaptainSkinny posted:

Mid-email in the "what became of heartman" it looks like he changes his mind. Makes no sense. Botched/weird translation I'm assuming.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They're all like that, just a very weirdly phrased/translated series of logs.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

So how much backtracking does this game allow, as in, should I steam on ahead when it moves me to a new area? Or hang back and keep doing deliveries?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Peacoffee posted:

So how much backtracking does this game allow, as in, should I steam on ahead when it moves me to a new area? Or hang back and keep doing deliveries?

You can come back to everything later.

Keep in mind new chapters give you more tools that makes deliveries easier and faster so dont spend too much time in one place.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

WaltherFeng posted:

You can come back to everything later.

Keep in mind new chapters give you more tools that makes deliveries easier and faster so dont spend too much time in one place.

Perfect. Thanks a bunch!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Hauling 3 kids and their stuff makes me feel like Sam Bridges

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

Hauling 3 kids and their stuff makes me feel like Sam Bridges

Keep on keeping on.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

skooma512 posted:

Keep on keeping on.

Just don’t shout ‘mine’s heavier’

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My brain has unlocked a new dumb MGS5-rear end technique for defeating MULEs. Stick a bunch of remote electric bombs on the back of a truck, put some cargo in it and hop in. Drive it to your local MULE camp and hop out, maybe taunt them to call them over. One guy will come over and jack the truck and drive it back to their buddies. They'll all swarm around it and start yanking cargo out to take it to the postbox. This of course is when you activate the bombs. :haw:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Trojan Truck, I like it

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Snake would be proud

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

CJacobs posted:

My brain has unlocked a new dumb MGS5-rear end technique for defeating MULEs. Stick a bunch of remote electric bombs on the back of a truck, put some cargo in it and hop in. Drive it to your local MULE camp and hop out, maybe taunt them to call them over. One guy will come over and jack the truck and drive it back to their buddies. They'll all swarm around it and start yanking cargo out to take it to the postbox. This of course is when you activate the bombs. :haw:

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Found out that MULEs run for cover in the rain and stand under their tents till it dissipates. You can exploit this by bringing along a few decoy cargo boxes. Just chuck them into a tent and the smoke cloud will knock out whole clumps of MULEs at a time.

OR you can do it the goofy sub-optimal way and stick a bunch of remote bombs on a motorcycle, max speed boost toward the tent, and dive off. :shepface: