Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I'm drip jug fold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
these are all just ripoffs from Plexure

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://twitter.com/stryderscreams/status/1214157749258510337

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
gently caress, I'm still stuck on Internet 2.8 like a complete noob.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Plexure Kevin

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

divabot posted:

here, this is sorta batshit (from my blog) - use case found for bitcoin

also, here is MY NEW FAVOURITE CRYPTO DIAGRAM EVER: how defi works. Tag yourselves.

im the cat that is grabbed from a vat then kicked.

i think the flow of End User -> Skim -> End will see a lot of traffic.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

looks like the kickstarter is real and they claim to be at CES. 8 backers and less than $2k in 3 weeks is impressive. creator is president of Max Powers LLC which is and IT company that "love working overtime without weekends and holidays! "

its a router with a vpn, which you still pay a subscription for, and can connect to 'ethereum based websites' which 'are not available on the regular internet'.
at the $500k stretch goal you unlock "Sell your internet to others on the automated peer-to-peer marketplace"
at $800k "Sell your HDD space"

there are also rewards for Cyberpunk Coat and Hat and Mask

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Keep yanking my flop while kick flipping a cat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't know about America, but in Europe all major ISPs allow you to 'sell' your internet by setting up a public hotspot that other ISP users can connect to when out and about. As a reward you can either connect to other hotspots yourself, or get some other bonuses.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

I'm join | fire

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Paladinus posted:

I don't know about America, but in Europe all major ISPs allow you to 'sell' your internet by setting up a public hotspot that other ISP users can connect to when out and about. As a reward you can either connect to other hotspots yourself, or get some other bonuses.
in america comcast residential routers have a hotspot that other comcast users can use with a certain tier of internet package or purchasing on demand per hour. as a reward you get to give money to one of the most hated companies in the US.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

hmmm....secret ether only websites eh?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Buttco.... dang i forget the rest

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i’m the Gov User casting a Ds spell.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

FCKGW posted:

Buttco.... dang i forget the rest

buttcommunism?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!
im the :gerard:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!

...! posted:

im the :gerard:

:right:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/AeonCommunity/status/1214520562556588033?s=19
https://twitter.com/jespow/status/1214425070182887424?s=19
a law enforcement inquiry costs kraken an average of over $1400.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

(guy pointing to temple meme)

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"yes I don't have this info, watcha gonna do, huh copper??"

"wait stop hitting me your breaking the nap owww oww that was my spleen ahhh"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
probably the funniest and most random organ to be hit in

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

:wrong:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Oof, my pancreas!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The Islets of Langerhans disagree (ok, not technically an organ).

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

gschmidl posted:

great band name

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

they get through a lot of birdbaths accessing their customer database

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gschmidl posted:

yep, mine got burned out a quarter century ago and i’ve kind of hated my life since then.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
harper's has a piece on dark net assassins

https://harpers.org/archive/2020/01/click-here-to-kill-dark-web-hitman/

quote:

In 2013, a developer using the alias Kuwabatake Sanjuro created what he called the Assassination Market. It was built largely according to Bell’s specifications, with a system in place for submitting predictions and donations. In an interview with Forbes, Sanjuro said that his ultimate intent was to destroy “all governments, everywhere.” Bounties of up to $75,000 were placed on the heads of President Obama; Ben Bernanke, the chair of the Federal Reserve; and Keith Alexander, the director of the National Security Agency. No one took the site very seriously, and it sat idle until 2018, when Sanjuro, apparently realizing that the bitcoin collected there had accrued over a million dollars in value, cashed out.

quote:

On each of Yura’s sites, users set up an anonymous account, select from a drop-down menu the kind of violence they would like inflicted, upload the photo and address of their intended target, and wait to hear back through the messaging system. Users often have questions for Yura: How do I know you’re for real? Can you make it look like an accident? When they are satisfied, the user transfers bitcoin into a special wallet on the site, where it will ostensibly be held until the job is completed. Instead, Yura takes the money immediately, and makes no attempt to complete the job. The user complains; Yura says he needs more money to hire a better hit man; the user either pays again or asks for a refund; and Yura either disappears or attempts to extort the user by threatening to turn information over to the authorities. Yura sometimes goes by Barbosa or Juan, but Monteiro believes they are all the same scammer, who likely lives in Romania.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmao

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Yura, or: The Modern Dracula.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i just don't understand why you can't trust someone who names themselves after a pirate

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!
I loaned a close friend a substantial sum of US dollars and cryptocurrency. I have in writing (text messages) his guarantee of full repayment (i.e., promising the loan was risk-free). The money was due last summer and I've been waiting ever since. Do I have any legal recourse here?
(self.legaladvice)
submitted 3 days ago by manwhoneedslegalhelp

Between October 2017 and April 2019, I periodically lent a close friend of mine cryptocurrency (BTC and ETH). He told me the funds were being used to make markets and provide liquidity in cryptocurrency exchanges overseas, and for about a year and a half he paid me handsome interest on my loans. I never pressed him for more information / proof about the use of the funds, but in hindsight my guess is he was actually using the funds to either gamble on sports or as leverage to speculate on cryptocurrency prices. We always discussed our transactions over text message, and I was always clear / explicit in the terms of the loans and our arrangements / expectations. Over this period, we established trust and a healthy business relationship. In addition, we've been friends since freshman year of college (I'm 26), I've met his family, we've got lots of mutual friends, etc., so him ghosting me wasn't really a concern.

In May 2019, I lent him $25k in US dollars, and approximately $20k worth of BTC and ETH. The US dollars were due in September 2019, and the BTC and ETH were due in June 2019. He claims (but has not provided evidence / proof) that his cryptocurrency is currently locked up in an exchange, and that for various / vague security reasons he's having trouble gaining access to his account on the exchange. Further, he claims he's having bank / wire issues, and that's why he's been unable to send along the US dollars. I've been patient with him because we're friends (or used to be friends, at least) and I'd prefer not to escalate the situation (get lawyers involved, reach out to his parents, etc.), but at this point I need to seriously contemplate alternative measures to recoup these funds.

For months, he's provided every excuse under the sun to justify delayed repayment (bank issues, travel, illness, etc.). At this point, I'd like to operate under the assumption that he won't repay me unless I seriously escalate the situation. What I've come to this subreddit to understand is any legal options I may have, whether I have a legal right to recoup these funds, etc. In terms of documentation, all I've got are text messages in which he promises complete repayment and characterizes the loans as risk-free. I'm happy to provide the actual language if helpful, or to provide any additional information if needed. Thank you in advance for the help!

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

That guy is cool

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

hey buddy can you lend me a couple thousand dollars? i need to make it look like a bitcoin exchange is liquid. i promise i'll pay it back, honest

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

I loaned a close friend a substantial sum of US dollars and cryptocurrency. I have in writing (text messages) his guarantee of full repayment (i.e., promising the loan was risk-free). The money was due last summer and I've been waiting ever since. Do I have any legal recourse here?
(self.legaladvice)
submitted 3 days ago by manwhoneedslegalhelp

Between October 2017 and April 2019, I periodically lent a close friend of mine cryptocurrency (BTC and ETH). He told me the funds were being used to make markets and provide liquidity in cryptocurrency exchanges overseas, and for about a year and a half he paid me handsome interest on my loans. I never pressed him for more information / proof about the use of the funds, but in hindsight my guess is he was actually using the funds to either gamble on sports or as leverage to speculate on cryptocurrency prices. We always discussed our transactions over text message, and I was always clear / explicit in the terms of the loans and our arrangements / expectations. Over this period, we established trust and a healthy business relationship. In addition, we've been friends since freshman year of college (I'm 26), I've met his family, we've got lots of mutual friends, etc., so him ghosting me wasn't really a concern.

In May 2019, I lent him $25k in US dollars, and approximately $20k worth of BTC and ETH. The US dollars were due in September 2019, and the BTC and ETH were due in June 2019. He claims (but has not provided evidence / proof) that his cryptocurrency is currently locked up in an exchange, and that for various / vague security reasons he's having trouble gaining access to his account on the exchange. Further, he claims he's having bank / wire issues, and that's why he's been unable to send along the US dollars. I've been patient with him because we're friends (or used to be friends, at least) and I'd prefer not to escalate the situation (get lawyers involved, reach out to his parents, etc.), but at this point I need to seriously contemplate alternative measures to recoup these funds.

For months, he's provided every excuse under the sun to justify delayed repayment (bank issues, travel, illness, etc.). At this point, I'd like to operate under the assumption that he won't repay me unless I seriously escalate the situation. What I've come to this subreddit to understand is any legal options I may have, whether I have a legal right to recoup these funds, etc. In terms of documentation, all I've got are text messages in which he promises complete repayment and characterizes the loans as risk-free. I'm happy to provide the actual language if helpful, or to provide any additional information if needed. Thank you in advance for the help!

:wrong:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I was at a shopping mall last week and they had a bitcoin atm there.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

grey forums are weird

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
45 grand "to provide liquidity" ?!

dude got what he deserved lmao

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Agile Vector posted:

im the suck hope grab

"suck it and hope" is the Bitcoin motto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Aubimed_/status/1214988372126683142?s=20