Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Honestly, 491 seems a bit low to me. Gotta spout more uninteresting nonsense to y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

The mistake all of you are making is that you have lives. WHEN THE END COMES I WILL BE ALL THAT IS LEFT!
I'm just going to quote post you every time you post without adding any content .

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Skwirl posted:

I'm just going to quote post you every time you post without adding any content .

That's cheating and everyone will know it now. You just played yourself.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

That's cheating and everyone will know it now. You just played yourself.

Nah, it'll be fine.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Nah, it'll be fine.

You're forgetting that I post multiple times within one page and often at ungodly hours. You'll never pull it off unless you double-quintuple post like a mother fucker or just wait until someone else posts. It's a lot of work for nothing. You know what, I invite you to try. Be consumed with this forum, you just cursed yourself.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

You're forgetting that I post multiple times within one page and often at ungodly hours. You'll never pull it off unless you double-quintuple post like a mother fucker or just wait until someone else posts. It's a lot of work for nothing. You know what, I invite you to try. Be consumed with this forum, you just cursed yourself.

Nah, it'll be fine.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh hey, also posts with content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vJhUAOFpI
I've been looking forward to this since it was announced, a last gasp of the Fox X-Men franchise before we have a young hot guy named Chris playing Wolverine and quipping with Spider-Man and Captain Marvel

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MacheteZombie posted:

Hell yeah war time

My mom just told me the news and I'm so wound up at this point that I wasn't even thinking and my immediate response was, "Good."

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

All the stuff everyone is saying about Cats sounds made up but you could also never convince me that it's all made up. Anyway here's the superior cockroach musical sequence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_EiJgTodQ
Now imagine if the cockroaches had the faces of human women and also boobs and also Rebel Wilson stops dancing and singing to eat them occasionally.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Guys the Netflix Dracula lives up to the hype, the first episode really plays up the sexual tension between Dracula and Harker and also the Dracula makeup in the beginning looks like Ackroyd in Nothing But Trouble.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Baron von Eevl posted:

Guys the Netflix Dracula lives up to the hype, the first episode really plays up the sexual tension between Dracula and Harker and also the Dracula makeup in the beginning looks like Ackroyd in Nothing But Trouble.

I thought he looked like Christopher Lambert in that makeup

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, it's like if modern Lambert played Raiden.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Guys the Netflix Dracula lives up to the hype, the first episode really plays up the sexual tension between Dracula and Harker

And I'm sure if you ask Moffat about it he'll say that it's all in your head and you're a weirdo.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Hey fuckers! I'm back after a year off due to losing my mind when a drunk driver destroyed my car when I was stopped at a red light and drove off, causing me lots of debt!! Fun!!
It's a new year so I'm looking forward to getting back to sporadically posting at a consistent pace.

Updates: Skimbleshanks' song remains stuck in my head and I want every agent of US empire held down and have their heads shaved publicly in the city square

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lurdiak posted:

And I'm sure if you ask Moffat about it he'll say that it's all in your head and you're a weirdo.

Okay but a character literally asks, in the opening minutes of the show, if Jonathan Harker had sex with Dracula. And then he has a sex dream and Mina turns into Vlad Akroyd.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

I... think everyone misread that "he's not bi-sexual, he's bi-murdery" thing a little

Like that actually kind of told me he gets Dracula pretty well, because a very large part of Dracula's character is sexuality being subsumed into violence, with sexual desire manifesting as murder rather than... sex

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nroo posted:

Hey fuckers! I'm back after a year off due to losing my mind when a drunk driver destroyed my car when I was stopped at a red light and drove off, causing me lots of debt!! Fun!!
It's a new year so I'm looking forward to getting back to sporadically posting at a consistent pace.

Updates: Skimbleshanks' song remains stuck in my head and I want every agent of US empire held down and have their heads shaved publicly in the city square

Welcome back, I'm glad you're feeling better.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I... think everyone misread that "he's not bi-sexual, he's bi-murdery" thing a little

Like that actually kind of told me he gets Dracula pretty well, because a very large part of Dracula's character is sexuality being subsumed into violence, with sexual desire manifesting as murder rather than... sex

I'm just still mad about the queerbaiting in Sherlock. Moffat gets no benefit of the doubt from me on issues like this.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Oh hey, also posts with content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vJhUAOFpI
I've been looking forward to this since it was announced, a last gasp of the Fox X-Men franchise before we have a young hot guy named Chris playing Wolverine and quipping with Spider-Man and Captain Marvel

With the car crash that's been this film's production it's very likely that this movie will be hot garbage. And it may or may not have been additionally retooled so they can fit it into the Disney Presents Marvel's Avengers series. Personally I'm glad one megacorporation is taking a wrecking ball to the film industry and revival theaters because they needed more action figures.

Who knows, maybe it won't be another Josh Trank Fantastic Four.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

remember when the last season of sherlock was so bad that the most diehard fans convinced themselves that it was fake, and there was going to be a real, final season that would canonise john/sherlock

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Crossposting.

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/vEbHYME.gifv
Take a screenshot during this gif, whatever it lands on you have to watch.

Did you know that in 2017 a movie was released in which Nicolas Cage reprises his role from Deadfall (1993)? Amazing.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jan 8, 2020

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So, hypothetically, if I were a mod on a 20 year old forum of some kind, I would consider right now a very good time to quit this high-stress unpaid job.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

With the car crash that's been this film's production it's very likely that this movie will be hot garbage. And it may or may not have been additionally retooled so they can fit it into the Disney Presents Marvel's Avengers series. Personally I'm glad one megacorporation is taking a wrecking ball to the film industry and revival theaters because they needed more action figures.

Who knows, maybe it won't be another Josh Trank Fantastic Four.

Bill Sienkiewicz seems excited about the film and he's the one who really turned New Mutants into a horror comic in the first place. Though Maisie Williams looks so young in it you can tell it's been in the loving can for an insane amount of time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Crossposting.

Did you know that in 2017 a movie was released in which Nicolas Cage reprises his role from Deadfall (1993)? Amazing.

I got Matchstick Men when I did a screen capture, which I'm not actually going to rewatch, but you could do a lot worse if you're forced to watch a Nicholas Cage film (you could also do a lot better).

What are the top tier Nick Cage films?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
For quality of film or for performance of Cage?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

For quality of film or for performance of Cage?

Both? Either?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

You're actually taking this posting more than me thing seriously, aren't you?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

CPL593H posted:

Nerd pride trumps all, my friend

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I'll probably forget about it in a week.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Skwirl posted:

I got Matchstick Men when I did a screen capture, which I'm not actually going to rewatch, but you could do a lot worse if you're forced to watch a Nicholas Cage film (you could also do a lot better).

What are the top tier Nick Cage films?

Arizona Junior.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Arizona Junior.

I haven't actually seen Raising Arizona yet.

It's a bit weird because for me the top tier Nick Cage films are Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, and then I can't decide if I want say nice things about mid tier action films (The Rock and Con Air are fun, but also kinda lovely if you compare them to contemporaries like Terminator 2 or any of the first 3 Die Hard films) or just goofy poo poo like Kiss of the Vampire. I can't think of an actor who's both so obviously talented and in so many bad movies that are only well known because he's in them

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

uh so...Party plane Jones huh. Fran, is there...reason to be concerned about the mods on this dead gay forum?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

It's a bit weird because for me the top tier Nick Cage films are Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation, and then I can't decide if I want say nice things about mid tier action films (The Rock and Con Air are fun, but also kinda lovely if you compare them to contemporaries like Terminator 2 or any of the first 3 Die Hard films) or just goofy poo poo like Kiss of the Vampire. I can't think of an actor who's both so obviously talented and in so many bad movies that are only well known because he's in them

When ever I tell people I'm a big fab or Nicholas Cage they act like I farted directly in their nose. And then it turns out that they've either never seen anything he's been in or at least never heard of his best poo poo. I also spend a lot of time telling people that the reason he has so many garbage direct to video movies is because he has serious financial problems and will take any job he can get.

McCloud posted:

uh so...Party plane Jones huh. Fran, is there...reason to be concerned about the mods on this dead gay forum?

I've heard some vague references to something weird going on. What's the story with this?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
There's been literally a hundred pages of posts across like five threads today, and I've only skimmed parts of them, but my understanding is:

PPJ was a member of this goon Nazi discord server.
This other mod claimed this was part of a plan to monitor the Nazi goons.
This was apparently a thing well-known to some other mods.

Ed. Reworded to be less inflammatory

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 8, 2020

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Krazyface posted:

There's been literally a hundred pages of posts across like five threads today, and I've only skimmed parts of them, but my understanding is:

PPJ was a member of this goon Nazi discord server.
This other mod claimed this was part of a plan to monitor the Nazi goons.
This was apparently a thing well-known to the mod team.

I only vaguely understand any of this and I did skim a couple of those before. Why is everyone yelling about C-SPAM all of a sudden?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I only vaguely understand any of this and I did skim a couple of those before. Why is everyone yelling about C-SPAM all of a sudden?

The bad mod had some authority in c-spam, and c-spam seems to be under the impression that this entitles them to run a series of hearings on the mods and pass forum reforms or something. I don't think they know how internet forums work.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/BCactionMR_com/status/1214599124986814465?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CPL593H posted:

PPJ banned popular C-SPAM posters because they were getting too close to the truth

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It wasn’t just PPJ banning C-SPAM posters, is what has everyone on edge even after he left. Some yahoo from Coupons and Deals swooped in and gave vengeful week-longs to everyone saying he should resign in his confession thread - which Jeffrey of YOSPOS is now saying they’ll reverse.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Skwirl posted:

Easily top-tier Cage and top-tier Coen Bros, it would probably round out my top 3 of Coen Bros movies.

Lurdiak posted:

The bad mod had some authority in c-spam, and c-spam seems to be under the impression that this entitles them to run a series of hearings on the mods and pass forum reforms or something. I don't think they know how internet forums work.

“Bad mod” is an understatement, Party Plane Jones was hanging out with literal Nazis and punished/eventually banned high-profile trans posters while FYAD was on a tear of doxxing trans posters, C-SPAM has every right to be outraged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

McCloud posted:

This is completely new to me and dozens of other mods who woke up to this news. I'm still playing catch-up on what the hell this is. There are, roughly, 50ish mods + admins across the forums, so I can't speak for all of them, but I would have no idea if they're secretly infiltrating discords. If PPJ claims they were doing a Blackkklansman type infiltration of SA-related discords to find nazis, none of that plan was discussed in any discussion or thread that I was a part of. I'm learning about all this at the same time as everyone else.

For context, the only Main Forum I check out is PYF, and I rarely post there. I mainly stick to The Finer Arts threads and some Games threads, cuz I like videogames, and of course Mod stuff. So most of the recent events involving FYAD, CSPAM, D&D, I have to go and dig into all of that stuff to figure out what's going on. I don't see any of it in real time.

I'm a CineD guy, I post in here more than anywhere else. So I guess if there was a cabal of a couple of mods doing this stuff, I'm like the last person they're gonna inform.

McCloud posted:

I may have fatfingered a vote accidentally while phonebrowsing. Sorry.

Oh hey, can you actually check what/if I voted?

And to address this, most of the ratings are probably fat-fingered. That's why I posted the ratings, cuz it's just random. I have a list of every goon who voted and what they voted, I just didn't share that.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 8, 2020