Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Bask in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
WWI inspired Balnor is my favorite part. The helmet, ammo vest and army boots look great on him. Thanks for posting it dude.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

tsob posted:

WWI inspired Balnor is my favorite part. The helmet, ammo vest and army boots look great on him. Thanks for posting it dude.

Thanks, have a sandwich.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrawfeeShow/status/1214986421855019015

Goddamn. Bad news for Dimension 20 and Drawfee. :(

Glad that NADDPOD is with Headgum instead.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 8, 2020

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Holy poo poo, that loving sucks, goddamn.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/vornietom/status/1214989817718591488?s=21

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

What's going to happen to Dimension 20 in light of that I wonder, presuming that means Dropout is dead now (or soon at least). I wonder if they could get some backing by Wizards of the Coast instead, since they seem to help several groups do liveplay D'n'D.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I guess I'll be buying more of the shirts they come out with each week. That'll help, right?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
oh boy I finally get to shout at mike trapp on discord.

This absolutely loving sucks. There's so much good content on Dropout and so many talented people at Collegehumour right now, and this is an absolute shame. I had no idea they were losing money, mostly because I have no real idea how any online streaming service makes money in 2020.

tsob posted:

What's going to happen to Dimension 20 in light of that I wonder, presuming that means Dropout is dead now (or soon at least). I wonder if they could get some backing by Wizards of the Coast instead, since they seem to help several groups do liveplay D'n'D.

They've got the McElroy crossover mini-season starting.. tomorrow(?) I think. They've also got the next main season after that recorded, but probably not fully edited. After that, who knows? I wonder if Naddpod have ever considered bringing one of their friends on full time.

I assume this means an end to the sophmore year stuff soon, because they're hardly going to be able to keep filming on the set. That was supposed to be streaming tonight too.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

What a bummer. NADDPOD got me hooked on Drawfee, Dimension 20, and Dropout in general.

Apparently Dimension 20 Live is still going to happen next week.

And for Drawfee, Sam Reich said:

quote:

one of my first calls was to drawfee. we're going to find a way to keep it going.
drawfee will almost assuredly be one of the first things we ask fans to support directly, so... look out for that!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Drawfee Patreon

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

I actively want give DrawFee my money. I want Jacob, Julia, Karina, and Nathan to stay together making content :(

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

bowmore posted:

Drawfee Patreon

drawfee and d20 could definitely be totally successful on patreon alone, it's a shame that CH probably owns the IP so they can't just do it themselves

although obviously the non-live dimension20 is super heavily edited and has a ton of people working on it, it's something that they could easily scale back given the sheer strength of the live shows so far

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

eke out posted:

drawfee and d20 could definitely be totally successful on patreon alone, it's a shame that CH probably owns the IP so they can't just do it themselves

although obviously the non-live dimension20 is super heavily edited and has a ton of people working on it, it's something that they could easily scale back given the sheer strength of the live shows so far

I wonder if there's any possibility of teaming up with Critical Role. They've already got a setup and a studio and the associated infrastructure, it'd just be on a different day. Kind of like Geek and Sundry was trying to do.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seaborgium posted:

I wonder if there's any possibility of teaming up with Critical Role. They've already got a setup and a studio and the associated infrastructure, it'd just be on a different day. Kind of like Geek and Sundry was trying to do.

it seems like they're really invested in doing personal things rather than becoming a geek and sundry themselves. but you're right that that entire studio they built seems like it's not nearly in use as much as it could be

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Some nerd endeavour has almost certainly contacted Brennan already.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Apparently, Brennan is staying with CH and D20 Live is going to keep going

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao the short rest this week is them demanding Murph follow through with his promise that Cooter gets to level up a ton for the XP from beating a tarrasque

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ive never seen such an incredibly important crit

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Balnor cannot die

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’m glad Murph, instead of picking one endgame creature final boss, just picked all of them.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Farg posted:

ive never seen such an incredibly important crit

Most important since Ol' Cobb almost died no?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

myron cope posted:

Most important since Ol' Cobb almost died no?

i mean, that was mathematically much more likely

for this to happen, there needed to be a natural 20, followed by enough 26+ attack rolls to finish the boss. There was a greater than 95%+ likelyhood of death.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Enjoyed that soad quite a bit, not going to lie been what almost two years it’s winding down now going to miss it regardless if they use the same characters for a new campaign

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Zac Oyama is really loving funny

I mean everyone on the show is, obviously, but he really does it for me for some reason. The way he just perfectly leaned into the Erlin drama was perfect comedic timing and delivery, he couldn't have known that was going to happen

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

"Are you some kind of creep?"
*lowers sunglasses* Yeah.

He's super quick to respond, and he has great delivery. Like getting called out for lying "I'm a commander"/"You're not a commander" where he just instantly follows up with "Whatever.." in a really lovely way.

Zac is a treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM6wanZOLtk

E: gently caress it, here's more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LkEa-JV9Kc

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 12, 2020

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Along with D20, all 3 of his characters are really funny in distinct ways

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I really loved his delivery in the previous episode where the boobs try to get him away from his professor responsibilities and he just goes "oh thank god"

That and his initial arc where they're doing the one big bed chant or something and he's like "wait, what's going on?"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Also I think his dad is a karate master?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Also I think his dad is a karate master?

yeah if you search for oyama they're a famous karate family that moved to the states and started a bunch of places

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

oh man, this latest short rest.

Emily: "I wouldn't mind playing a campaign where we start with low stats and have to fight tooth and nail to survive, so that levelling up feels like a bigger deal, and becoming powerful feels earned."
Jake: "Yeah I wouldn't mind starting with low stats, as long as an hour in we get magic potions that min/max us all. You remember Captain America and what a wiener he is for the first fifteen minutes? Like that."

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I've never played D'n'D and don't have any preconceived notions or attachments to creatures like the Terrasque, but if I did, I have to imagine it'd be hard to view it the same again after this episode. The comedic addition of it having the stupidest sounding cry, where it sounds like it's shouting through a ball gag or something the whole time just makes it so silly, especially when you have things like Apple surfing it's poo poo after barely getting scratched the whole fight.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

tsob posted:

I've never played D'n'D and don't have any preconceived notions or attachments to creatures like the Terrasque, but if I did, I have to imagine it'd be hard to view it the same again after this episode. The comedic addition of it having the stupidest sounding cry, where it sounds like it's shouting through a ball gag or something the whole time just makes it so silly, especially when you have things like Apple surfing it's poo poo after barely getting scratched the whole fight.

I didn't realize how much they'd neutered it compared to previous incarnations. It used to be legit terrifying to even epic level adventurers, now it's just a dragon without the breath weapon. It's kind of sad.

And the delay for this weeks episode made me sign up for the patreon, and the short rests are pretty good so far.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
eh the terrasque was never that interesting though, it was literally just wizards going 'ok you need a baddie for your epic level games? here's this bullet sponge'. It's just a big stack of HP with all the normal strengths that being loving huge comes with, with a massive bundle of resistances and immunities and regen. It's not even that interesting as a baddie, it's just a literal force of nature that sleeps for eons, wakes up, rampages, sleeps again.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So Wizards nerfed it at some point then? Or did Murph just home-brew it more than he had indicated in the Short Rest (removing it's ability to swallow anyone in one turn)? It did seem a lot easier than I would have expected given how even as someone who never played any TTRPG's I've heard it referred to as a major pain on occasion. I don't recall any indication it hard regenerative capabilities for a start.

tsob fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 23, 2020

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
He could have it playing it a lot meaner, plus the party had two friends, a very generously ruled heroes feast, allowing an attack to auto-ungrapple a friend instead of an opposed skill check, and the dwarf army to do free damage and absorb hits.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Also hell of an episode stinger

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Farg posted:

He could have it playing it a lot meaner, plus the party had two friends, a very generously ruled heroes feast, allowing an attack to auto-ungrapple a friend instead of an opposed skill check, and the dwarf army to do free damage and absorb hits.

yeah it's not really much of a surprise that a CR 30 monster would've probably just outright killed many or all of the party if played completely rules-as-written

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Farg posted:

In that vein, I'd assume Murph could have hit Scrumper with [spoiler for episode 88] a big health penalty for losing her arm, because it seems weird to have lost a limb but no hit points? Regardless, listening to the latest episode I'm wondering again why Murph did the Akarot thing with Erdan, because he really doesn't seem significantly different to who he was or to have added anything. He may have wanted to, but the comedic nature of the cast means his new version of Akarot immediately fell under the influence of everyone's razzing, and came out much the same anyway. Siobhan immediately saying that Akarot's new body was "Donald Ducking it" was great.