Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

I don’t think anyone in this sport is 100% clean but Tony Bennett getting wins stripped for anything would surprise me more than probably any other coach out there. At least besides the ones the NCAA wouldn’t dare punish for other reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

elentar posted:

I don’t think anyone in this sport is 100% clean but Tony Bennett getting wins stripped for anything would surprise me more than probably any other coach out there. At least besides the ones the NCAA wouldn’t dare punish for other reasons.

I didn't mean anything towards Virginia, it's just an automatic go to reaction to make fun of Louisville.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Geo isn't the best player, he just plays the most because he has the most seniority. Honestly, I think he's the fifth or sixth best player on the team, and it's actually good that he's not playing these games.

So Roy Williams is whining about his team, and Pikiell is kicking rear end with 0 star guys no one ever heard of. Myles Johnson might turn into a lottery pick next year, and no one had ever heard of him before Rutgers signed him.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Everything makes sense in the Big Ten.

https://twitter.com/AceAnbender/status/1214761791689035777

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Good win for Kentucky at Georgia. First true road game of the year, and first time winning this year after being down at halftime. Second half was the probably the best offensive performance they've had this year, despite at one point being 4-12 from the FT line (they came in the 3rd best FT shooting team in the nation, over 80% as a team).

Fun box score:
FG 31-62, 50% (good)
3pt 6-12, 50% (good)
FT 10-20, 50% (bad)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Geo isn't the best player, he just plays the most because he has the most seniority. Honestly, I think he's the fifth or sixth best player on the team, and it's actually good that he's not playing these games.

So Roy Williams is whining about his team, and Pikiell is kicking rear end with 0 star guys no one ever heard of. Myles Johnson might turn into a lottery pick next year, and no one had ever heard of him before Rutgers signed him.

I mean it's arguable. Ron Harper is going to be their best player I think but Geo is their best pure scorer and has been the guy the last few years. Either way it was hella fun tonight and it's about time this program had a pulse. I will probably go to the rest of the home games at the least.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
It's Myles Johnson. When he's not in foul trouble, and he hasn't been in a while, he's insanely good.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Iowa has like four healthy players right now it sucks. Also had the worst shooting night possible despite Nebraska giving up a million wide open threes

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech drops to Baylor by 5. Neither team broke 60. Had it within 2 with 30 seconds left, but couldn't finish it off.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

kayakyakr posted:

Tech drops to Baylor by 5. Neither team broke 60. Had it within 2 with 30 seconds left, but couldn't finish it off.

WVU and Tech may end with both teams under 50

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU at Wyoming tonight. Laramie has been a house of horrors for the Aztecs for years.

Please win

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1215024951952117760?s=19

Duke
Michigan State
Kansas
WHAT

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

rutgers is a historically average basketball program

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Rutgers has been great the past four games. It's four games. But IF they keep playing like this, they've been looking great. The story of this team is Steve Pikiell is really good at scouting and development, the team is a bunch of misfits nobody wanted for the most part. They've been improving markedly each year, them being top 40 isn't weird at all, they were supposed to be top 40 preseason until Omoruyi transferred.

Rutgers was a very good program in the 60s/70s.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

pitt just beat unc - perhaps more surprising is that they snapped a like 22-game ACC road losing streak in doing so. how did unc get so bad? they're 8-7 (1-3) now.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/RobDauster/status/1215114268191928322

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They better rip up Pikiell's deal and give him a new one with a giant buyout.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/IlliniStats/status/1215125971604590594

Also no game in Champaign this year, so sweep by Illinois in both football and basketball woop woop

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

oystertoadfish posted:

pitt just beat unc - perhaps more surprising is that they snapped a like 22-game ACC road losing streak in doing so. how did unc get so bad? they're 8-7 (1-3) now.

Don't worry, they'll beat clemson this weekend

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I didn't watch the ISU-KU game last night, and I'm glad I didn't. Going to be a loooong season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Also no game in Champaign this year, so sweep by Illinois in both football and basketball woop woop

Rutgers' next opponent.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

mastershakeman posted:

I go to a ton of Badger games, and I think of my last 3 losses I've seen in person, two ended with me hearing I L L - I N I.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I didn't watch the ISU-KU game last night, and I'm glad I didn't. Going to be a loooong season.

Good News, Fellow Big XII Poster...

My Handy Dandy Guide to The Big XII Is Out

Big XII Power Rankings Week 1
1.Baylor Bears, 11-1 In Smoking Musket’s last edition, I said there was a good argument for putting the Bears on top. That argument is even stronger now. In fact, Baylor has one of the best arguments to be #1 in the nation. Scott Drew’s squad are the only team to have beaten 4 Top 25 teams and their lone loss was to Washington, way back on November 8, in Alaska.
2.Kansas Jayhawks, 12-2 The Jayhawks want to reclaim what is, to them, essentially a birthright in the Big XII regular season title. After watching them against WVU, they absolutely have the ability to do that but I am really curious to see if they can get road wins against Baylor, WVU and Texas Tech.
3.West Virginia Mountaineers, 12-2
4.Texas Tech Red Raiders, 10-4 Since losing three straight, the Red Raiders have won five of their last six, including the upset of Louisville in NYC and gave Baylor a scare in Lubbock. They also had close calls against Southern Miss and UT-Rio Grande Valley. The scheduling gods also gave them WVU immediately after Baylor (on the Road) and then later rewarded them with Kentucky and WVU again four days later.
5.Oklahoma Sooners, 11-3 The Sooners separated themselves a little bit with wins over Kansas State and Texas. Up next, Ames then home to face Kansas.
6.TCU Horned Frogs, 11-3 TCU gets the nod at number 6 for being undefeated in the league even if both of those wins came but just 2 points each and against the worst two teams in the conference. Still this is a results oriented industry and those are games you must win if you don’t want to go to the NIT.
7.Oklahoma State Cowboys, 9-5 After winning the first seven games, the Cowboys have won just 2 out of their last 7 games. In fairness, all five of those loses came to likely tournament teams. A road test versus TCU is a chance to course correct.
8. Texas Longhorns, 10-4 The Baylor loss was ugly, but not unexpected. Losing to Oklahoma at home for the first time in four years, though, has absolutely turned up the heat on Shaka Smart.
9. Kansas State Wildcats, 7-7 Pros: not the worst team in the league. Cons: Probably eliminated from NIT or NCAA contention already.
10. Iowa State Cyclones, 7-7 I always kind of wondered how long it would take for Hoiberg’s aura to wear off or if Prohm was legit. Think I am finally getting my answer.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

Don't worry, they'll beat clemson this weekend

If they lose that one then apocalypse is near, they won the home game against Clemson even in the otherwise glorious 8-20 season.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
Can’t wait for KU-Baylor on Saturday. Going to be a great game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one of the cool things about northwestern is knowing that if they're up by less than 10 with more than a couple minutes left, they'll almost certainly lose

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Boiler no!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Holy poo poo Trevion Williams though

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Poque posted:

Holy poo poo Trevion Williams though

loving gently caress motherfucker loving gently caress

My eyes keep telling me that it's bullshit that the shots kept going in, but first Luka Garjuwon, then Trevion Williams. That drat game took time off my life.

Great game though, poo poo.

Also gently caress THAT TREVION THREE JESUS CHRIST

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan needs Livers back, quickly.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona/Oregon was really ugly.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Rick posted:

Arizona/Oregon was really ugly.

gently caress it, that's enough space for me to post Bill Walton videos from the game.

https://twitter.com/twmarks_/status/1215471969275039746

I mean I can see how that would be irritating when watching the game, but he beats the poo poo out of Dickie V and I wish Walton wasn't only calling Pac-12 games.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Oh Bill Walton is wonderful, I unfortunately had to have the game muted so I just had to watch the turnover/foul/bad shot battle .

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Walton is wonderful in theory but when your team is down five points with 45 seconds to go and he's still talking nonsense you want to strangle him

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Georgia@Auburn tomorrow moved to 11 a.m. CST for the threat of weather. Should be a good game, Edward vs. Okoro is a matchup worth checking out.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa followed up losing to a trash Nebraska team by blowing out Maryland, because the Big Ten is very normal.

Not sure Iowa can maintain a tournament pace with their depth issues but having the Garza/Weiskamp combo should give them in a punchers chance in most games.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

fun to see number 12 Maryland lose by about 20 at Iowa, chaos reigns

efb

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MourningView posted:

Iowa followed up losing to a trash Nebraska team by blowing out Maryland, because the Big Ten is very normal.

Ohio State is the #4 team per KenPom ratings.

Ohio State is 13th out of 14 in the Big Ten. Rutgers is in 2nd.

This year rules.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 11, 2020

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://www.wdrb.com/sports/beyond-...338acab469.html

Louisville fans upset because the bus they rented for a trip to South Bend was decked out in UK logos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Can’t wait for KU-Baylor on Saturday. Going to be a great game

This just started and man did Baylor quiet the crowd immediately