Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
https://twitter.com/markgurman/status/1214309972038672389

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/Verxion/status/1214383446769856512

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
do these glasses make me look sleepy?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

somebody buy joe an account

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
2020 is the year of Linux on your glasses

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how long until we got ar glasses applying deep fake nudity in real time to whatever you look
at

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
coz i don’t want no nerds pretending i’m naked while i serve them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk but im sure they'll let you preorder soon

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

good to see marissa got work after yahoo

lmao

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

sup ghetto reflow buddy

didn't work. had to get a used mobo from eBay for like $35, but it works fine now. aht passed and everything.

also took apart the 27" iMac and swapped the HDD for an SSD. so. much. dust.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Achmed Jones posted:

nah the far right is on twitter

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
in a decade "programmed without any Machine Learning" will be the code equivalent of organic artisinal food. i copied this opinion from a tweet btw

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
im a codesmith

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Amethyst posted:

in a decade "programmed without any Machine Learning" will be the code equivalent of organic artisinal food. i copied this opinion from a tweet btw

cool

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Biodome posted:

the one on the right is $55k. god drat.

those monitors are super cool technology wise :eyepop:

im always curious about monitors like that. who makes the panels that are good enough for this company which presumably has pretty small volume? are they simply the absolute best of the best binning by like lg etc and the rest are put into lesser stuff?? but even their screen's stack seems unique.

its all a black box 2 me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Bulgakov posted:

its all a black box 2 me

turn ur monitor on

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

President Beep posted:

turn ur monitor on

lol poo poo you solved it should I make this check out to beep squad c/o best buy or...?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Bulgakov posted:

lol poo poo you solved it should I make this check out to beep squad c/o best buy or...?

come by this afternoon. i'm working register three. i do have ask if you want a warranty though. sorry.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Bulgakov posted:

those monitors are super cool technology wise :eyepop:

im always curious about monitors like that. who makes the panels that are good enough for this company which presumably has pretty small volume? are they simply the absolute best of the best binning by like lg etc and the rest are put into lesser stuff?? but even their screen's stack seems unique.

its all a black box 2 me

yeah thats a good question. he mentions that the really expensive one is two layers of lcd panel, one for backlight dimming and one for for displaying the actual picture, it could just be two of some other manufacturers panels layered on top of a backlight with custom control hardware to use one of them for dimming only.

the machines for making those panels are huge and expensive, since they have vacuum chambers as big as the whole panel for CVD and plasma etching and stuff like that.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

FMguru posted:

the icon for sarnsungs face recognition system seems...familiar

lol

:nsa:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

looks more like the old macOS logo Imo

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Krankenstyle posted:

looks more like the old macOS logo Imo

mirror it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

akadajet posted:

mirror it

I will not!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

mirror it

ti

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:thunk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL turn off automatic updates

but also LOL that the Catalina installer didn’t temporarily disable them

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
...the update is catalina

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
why does apple limit what hardware their operating system runs on? it clearly isn't helping them make it more reliable

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

still gunshy after the 90s

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

infernal machines posted:

...the update is catalina

yeah I was literally opening the install Catalina app and hit restart in it lol

hitting retry a bunch did it tho

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
THE UPDATE IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE OS!

:ohdear:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Schadenboner posted:

THE UPDATE IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE OS!

:ohdear:

tim knows what you did last summer

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
more like scatalina lol

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
it's trying to save you from your bad decision of attempting to install catalina

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’ve been running Catalina on my home machine with no issues for a while. but I just upgraded my work laptop and hoo boy it’s been a disaster. I can’t believe it’s still so buggy.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
is there any way to install catalina on a 2015 macbook pro that's not on the approved list?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Bhodi posted:

is there any way to install catalina on a 2015 macbook pro that's not on the approved list?

http://dosdude1.com/catalina/

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

all retina macbooks pro from 2012 on are supported by catalina tho?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
oh yea it's a 15 inch not from 2015, it just missed the compatibility window so it's around 2011

i'll use that link thanks

oh, trip report on the iphones xs i got - it's okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

The Management posted:

I’ve been running Catalina on my home machine with no issues for a while. but I just upgraded my work laptop and hoo boy it’s been a disaster. I can’t believe it’s still so buggy.

yeah, the first machine i upgraded so that i could test swiftui and catalyst has been mostly fine other than the comically bad first-start experience. the second i eventually ended up turning off SIP because xprotectservice made the computer unusably slow.