Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Endorph posted:

koihime looks better than mortal kombat and killer instinct at least

True, but those are also games that go out of their ways to break rules about fighting game visual design, KI with particles everywhere and MK11 with deciding everyone did not in fact need to have giant hands and feet. The first time I noticed that it actually made me kind of uneasy even though they look more realistic like that. The item randomization also was really ugly because of all the weird body armor pieces that were stylized to look like something from a 90s scifi epic. MK9 was hideous. I actually kind of liked 10's art style though.
Edit because I forgot how ugly 9 was until Dias said something.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

FanaticalMilk posted:

Just remember one of those girls is Lu Bu.

Do not pursue Lewd Boo.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Smoking Crow posted:

The soundtrack is awful tho

When I play I mute the music and play the 3s soundtrack

Wtf I like the ost :(

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

koihime looks better than mortal kombat and killer instinct at least

but you're anime-poisoned and therefore not reliable, sorry

KI is kinda ugly tho, not ugly horny, just kinda ugly (not as ugly as deviantart moe anime tho)

MK9 was VERY ugly horny

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mk9 was ugly in general, but ugly horny really fits

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Big Scary Owl posted:

Wtf I like the ost :(

Amusingly, my local comp in Koihime hates the art but LOVES the OST, while I think the OST has a few great tracks but mostly is just kinda there.

Also, Ryofu (Koihime Lu Bu) has the most satisfying 5C since Haohmaru.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The gong slams on big hits in koihime are good.

Why does my phone autocorrect away from gong to Hong or going? I need to turn it off or down or something.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Blade Arcus is still at the bottom of the barrel of modern anime games

AZCollins
Feb 4, 2004

Meanderthal
I haven't been to the forums in literally years and I am happy to see an FGC thread. Sup fellow pokers and whiff punishers. What is everyone playing nowadays?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AZCollins posted:

I haven't been to the forums in literally years and I am happy to see an FGC thread. Sup fellow pokers and whiff punishers. What is everyone playing nowadays?

under night

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Soul Calibur VI.

Going to pick up Granblue Fantasy VS when it comes out.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

AZCollins posted:

slap city

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

AZCollins posted:

Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus R,
+R,
and
GGXXAC+R

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
they should name the next UNIB revision over/under night in birth

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Beat The SP:Read In-Birth

Also play Samsho

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AZCollins posted:

Guilty Gear, BBTag, Under Night.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

In Training posted:

90% of this is worse than laura chloe and most of the doa roster

Koihime is like the only fighting game where the handdrawn art assets are the worst looking part lol

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

under night

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

tekken 7

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
SamSho finally hitting switch is good. If i want to use a stick, will any pc compatable stick work on the switch?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
No you need something like the MAGIC-NS or one of the Brook adapters as a converter.

AZCollins
Feb 4, 2004

Meanderthal

Tiger Millionaire posted:

SamSho finally hitting switch is good. If i want to use a stick, will any pc compatable stick work on the switch?

Hori put out a stick for the switch and it's not too expensive.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If you already have a stick an adapter is $30 and lets you use your existing stick as well as PS4 controllers on the Switch, instead of buying a new stick.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

as a 2d guy ive really gotten into tekken 7. im super super loving bad at it

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

40 lbs to freedom posted:

as a 2d guy ive really gotten into tekken 7. im super super loving bad at it

It's a lot of fun to be super bad in tekken 7 imo, and I would know as I am super bad.

KoF and UNIST are great and I've been fiddling with Punch Planet lately, which seems fun so far but I haven't played many people yet so maybe it blows rear end and I just don't know enough yet.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
DOA6 and Tekken 7

Tekken is nice, since the player base is so large.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Don't know what me being fat has to do with anything but ok

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm doing my bi yearly "oh I should look into a new Melty character because H-VSion is not my type of character" moment, where I practice a bunch of F-Moon characters, try to learn a top tier and just go back to H-VSion.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Currently playing Tekken 7, Unist, and Blazblue:Central Fiction.

I've never managed to really get into a Blazblue or Guilty Gear, but someone I work with is trying to get a bunch of new people including me into CF, and i'm having fun with it so far. I'm practicing Relius Clover, he should definitely be given a membership to Heihachi's best dad club like Geese.

My personal favorite fighting game out right now is Unist, but i'm mostly waiting on a date for the new version to hit steam, and just keeping some practice up on my character til then.

Playing Tekken 7 the least of the three at the moment, but it always has and always will own. Seeyou next time! Byeeeeee~

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Apparently, a guy on Reddit has patched a bug in the SFV netcode in 2 days that Capcom hasn't fixed in 4 years?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/em24ck/release_sfv_netcode_fix/

The guy has apparently done some modding for GGXrd, DBZF and UNIST.
Early indications from that Reddit thread seems to be that it smooths out lag/rollback.

If this is an actual thing and not just the placebo effect in full force, fuckin' lol.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holy shiiiiiiiiiit

that dude def fucks btw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is the bug totally client side or is he running is own test server somehow?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
tony stark was able to build better netcode than this in a cave! with a box of scraps!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Is the bug totally client side or is he running is own test server somehow?

It's all client side, and if you run a PC to PS4 connection it royally screws things up with it active apparently. But the comparison videos and live-streams make this thing seem legit which is shocking

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cool i hope they fix it for a good game one day

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i mean i guess it might be shocking if this weren't like the fourth time some hobbyist tooling around in their spare time did the exact same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Cool i hope they fix it for a good game one day