Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Helsing posted:

The PPJ stuff came as a huge surprise to almost everyone so people are still getting their heads around that. The other big discussion at the moment is when to open QCS (soon) and how it should be run when it is open. Also we're kinda waiting to see who still actually wants to be a mod when the dust settles because a lot of people right now are concerned about getting doxxed or otherwise targeted.

maybe we should reconsider making the super cop a super mod if they are the only ones who wanted it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

razorrozar posted:

im glad to see you and i hope you're doing ok :glomp:

same thanks KM

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gumball Gumption posted:

Trump fat is a bad joke.

Trump fat and it's entirely his fault because he lives an incredibly hedonistic lifestyle and his followers often depict him like he's a Greek god is a very funny joke.

The concept of fatness being someone's "fault" is body shaming. You can justify it however you want, but if you're going to call people Nazis for making jokes that otherize people and imply that some lives are worth less than others, you don't get to plead nuance.

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serf posted:

c-spam is pretty much going to stay ungovernable until they take the incredibly easy and super loving simple step of giving us mods who are from c-spam and enjoy interacting with us. this is not loving difficult, and should've been done after it became apparent that the forum was not going away after 2016

Quit being so ungovernable. Accept the will of TFR and DnD mods

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Offkorn posted:

Is less their baggage and more that there's quite a number of insane stalkers on the forum who think paying :10bux: means they're entitled to harass anyone who prevents them from posting (i.e. probations/bans).

Also a lot of people on offsites who think this place is the epicenter of SJW Cultural Marxism and would happily seize on any opportunity to destroy someone associated with this place.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Mirthless posted:

If your only applicants are afraid the community will uncover their baggage where the hell are you asking

Well I suspect the worry about doxxing is presumably because

a) the closure of FYAD and ongoing tension about bigotry on the forums has riled up a lot of the dodgier posters on-site
b) the intense amount of attention currently being directed at the forums by the scummiest offsites thanks to the months of drama
c) one of the mods just turned out to be chilling on nazi discords with chuds who also have forums accounts

mean that this is a dicey time to be a visible authority figure on SA, not because they're all crypto-fash.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dex_sda posted:

Was just wondering

i wish i had an answer. all i can say is, i want to get this done asap

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The concept of fatness being someone's "fault" is body shaming. You can justify it however you want, but if you're going to call people Nazis for making jokes that otherize people and imply that some lives are worth less than others, you don't get to plead nuance.

Making fun of Trump for being fat is ok you absolute maroon.

Quit concern trolling.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

you’re an equivocating dunce and no one cares about this

yell it into a saucepan instead of posting it here and everyone will be better off

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Serf posted:

i assume the serious answer here is that this is a webforum and no one has to actually tell us anything

no i know that cop mentality is endemic in practice, i was talking as someone who wants a fairly moderated forum with no unnecessary drama so i and all other comrades can shitpost in peace

and from that perspective i don't really see why the guy who okayed and kept shielding nazi plane jones: pro discord sleuth under no mitigating circumstances should get to make more potentially horrible decisions

Koalas March posted:

I am absolutely willing to assume responsibility for the dumb poo poo I have said and done in the last few days. A lot of people have been very charitable and understanding towards me and I appreciate that. I did not have the full picture. The initial screenshots I saw were just TFR/gunchat iirc and lists of users in a discord that I was aware had been doxxing/harassing me in the past. I assumed he was just lurking and giving me a heads up whenever something bad cropped up. I still haven't had the heart to go through the .zip I was given. I have made no secret that my mental health hasn't been great over the last year or so and there's certain things I do to help keep it in check and that involves trying to remove myself from off-site assholes as much as possible. Unfortunately that backfired in a spectacular way.

I think transparency is the only way we're going to make it through this and I'm happy to answer any questions about my conduct. Idk if this is the thread to do it in but my PM's are always open

yo km you're cool, and thanks for actually engaging with the community

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Squizzle posted:

i wish i had an answer. all i can say is, i want to get this done asap

No worries, I think you got put in a complete shitshow of a sitch and you are doing okay

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

(but you still need to pay for you're cop crimes)

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I can't believe Mean Girls was a documentary and also the mean girls were Hilter Youth

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Koalas March posted:

I am absolutely willing to assume responsibility for the dumb poo poo I have said and done in the last few days. A lot of people have been very charitable and understanding towards me and I appreciate that. I did not have the full picture. The initial screenshots I saw were just TFR/gunchat iirc and lists of users in a discord that I was aware had been doxxing/harassing me in the past. I assumed he was just lurking and giving me a heads up whenever something bad cropped up. I still haven't had the heart to go through the .zip I was given. I have made no secret that my mental health hasn't been great over the last year or so and there's certain things I do to help keep it in check and that involves trying to remove myself from off-site assholes as much as possible. Unfortunately that backfired in a spectacular way.

I think transparency is the only way we're going to make it through this and I'm happy to answer any questions about my conduct. Idk if this is the thread to do it in but my PM's are always open

I hope you're feeling better today, and thanks again for being upfront about all this and talking with us

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Helsing posted:

The PPJ stuff came as a huge surprise to almost everyone so people are still getting their heads around that. The other big discussion at the moment is when to open QCS (soon) and how it should be run when it is open. Also we're kinda waiting to see who still actually wants to be a mod when the dust settles because a lot of people right now are concerned about getting doxxed or otherwise targeted.

It's insane to me that the PPJ stuff came as a huge surprise to everyone.

edit: That's not really charitable. What I mean to reference is that tons of people were asking for scrutiny to be given to PPJ for months.

Danger fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 9, 2020

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Koalas March posted:

Hi KM, I was hesitant about popping into TGRS with this because I'm weird about popping into other folks' spaces and looking like I'm trying to draw attention but, genuinely, please be well.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

dex_sda posted:

(but you still need to pay for you're cop crimes)

y do u think i post here

Serf
May 5, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

no i know that cop mentality is endemic in practice, i was talking as someone who wants a fairly moderated forum with no unnecessary drama so i and all other comrades can shitpost in peace

and from that perspective i don't really see why the guy who okayed and kept shielding nazi plane jones: pro discord sleuth under no mitigating circumstances should get to make more potentially horrible decisions

and i'm with you 100% but this isn't a situation where we can vote out the people at the top or overthrow them. they can just ban you and if you want to come back then you gotta give them money. its a wonder that they're even considering the possibility of doing anything at all

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Mirthless posted:

If your only applicants are afraid the community will uncover their baggage where the hell are you asking

this sounds very much like "well if you don't have anything to hiiiiiide".

like seriously this is a lovely job they do for free and any angle of attack is poo poo.

also kiwifarms etc is always watching.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
post the zip

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i do not know if i want the .zip posted

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Mirthless posted:

its really hosed up dude. theyre asking people who post on the something awful forums a lot

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

White Rock posted:

also kiwifarms etc is always watching.

ding ding ding

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

freckle posted:

squizzle answer for your crimes

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

goldmine

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

White Rock posted:

this sounds very much like "well if you don't have anything to hiiiiiide".

They either post in bad faith or dont think much.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

yo km you're cool, and thanks for actually engaging with the community

Thanks it is the least I can do honestly

Suplex Liberace posted:

i do not know if i want the .zip posted
Yeah idk what it contains or if there are Innocent parties that could be harmed. Like I said I have not been able to bring myself to look and have just been contemplating deleting it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Danger posted:

It's insane to me that the PPJ stuff came as a huge surprise to everyone.

"for the past year ive been active in literal nazi chat grps using my SA forum moderator name" is uh, not something I saw coming, sorry dude

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Helsing posted:

Also a lot of people on offsites who think this place is the epicenter of SJW Cultural Marxism and would happily seize on any opportunity to destroy someone associated with this place.

I hate to be this guy but somebody knowing your information is not inherently dangerous and i used the phrase substantively for a reason

That said I get what yall are saying and I'm sorry for being flippant

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

what the gently caress is going on

YamiB.
Nov 5, 2009
It does seem like it would be good if admins would actually try to address the issues that have been festering in c-spam for months instead of hanging with a bunch of bigots in GBS.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Yeah idk what it contains or if there are Innocent parties that could be harmed. Like I said I have not been able to bring myself to look and have just been contemplating deleting it

no do not delete it but also glad to see you hope you are well

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Helsing posted:

Also we're kinda waiting to see who still actually wants to be a mod when the dust settles because a lot of people right now are concerned about getting doxxed or otherwise targeted.

They should be. Because at least 2 other mods and an admin thought that playing a secret 'fake' Nazi spy, in order to combat exactly this, is what compromised forums users towards exactly this!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Koalas March posted:

are you out of your mind, don't even consider publishing that stuff.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

YamiB. posted:

It does seem like it would be good if admins would actually try to address the issues that have been festering in c-spam for months instead of hanging with a bunch of bigots in GBS.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Maybe have someone you trust look through it and see if there is anything in there that actually needs action? If not you can just delete it and they don't have to tell you what it had.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

YamiB. posted:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Flesh Forge posted:

are you out of your mind, don't even consider publishing that stuff.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

YamiB. posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

YamiB. posted:

Woah man most of us in GBS just wanna eat Taco Bell.