Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

bird with big dick posted:

Yeah they had a shitload of furniture out when I was there this morning.

Having some CostCo rum and smoking some CostCo ribs in front of some CostCo lawn furniture.

Neat, when does the bomb to destroy Megaton go off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Meeting my mom at Costco after work since I have nothing else to do and want a slice of pizza. Was thinking about grabbing some good cheese and crackers, but anything else I should keep an eye out for?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Meridian posted:

Meeting my mom at Costco after work since I have nothing else to do and want a slice of pizza. Was thinking about grabbing some good cheese and crackers, but anything else I should keep an eye out for?

You know. The dip.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

StormDrain posted:

You know. The dip.

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me. I am not sure if my stores have it but I will definitely check.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I think Bitchin Sauce got rolled out to a lot more stores recently. They just got it at mine this week, and it def lives up to the goon hype.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’d just like to say that the tuxedo chocolate mousse cake is decadent.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Dazerbeams posted:

I’d just like to say that the tuxedo chocolate mousse cake is decadent.

Brought it and a macaron tray to a potluck rehearsal dinner a couple weeks ago and it was a slam dunk. Rich enough that a single bar goes a long way.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
made a trip to the 'co since I just recently moved - kept packing the cart with stuff that I "needed" and ended up spending nearly $300 :shepspends:

I grabbed the 4505 chicarrones someone in here recommended and they're pretty good. Almost finished half the bag in one sitting lol. they're not salt bombs like cheap chicarrone so it kinda took a second to adjust, but once I did, I definitely appreciated the more subtle seasoning. I also picked up the Tasty Bite Tikka Masala, will try it later tonight or tomorrow

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I ended up getting some muffins, eggrolls (new brand I haven't seen), some protein shakes and these individual salami/cheese packs for snacks at work. Oh, I saw someone mention the Tikka earlier in the thread so I grabbed one of those and one of the chicken curry packs. Probably going to bring those for lunch.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Yeah they're great for lunch. Make some rice the night before and put it on top. Don't forget your favorite hot sauce

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Stopped by church for lunch and a guy in the food court was going to town on a rotisserie chicken, just absolutely ripping into it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Stopped by church for lunch and a guy in the food court was going to town on a rotisserie chicken, just absolutely ripping into it.

Costco, the first stop for newly bitten werewolves everywhere

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

The Slack Lagoon posted:

For some reason this made me laugh uncontrollably in the doctors office waiting room. Not a good look.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
bitchin sauce has made it to ohio :dadjoke:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I was in Sherman Oaks and some dude had two big Tupperware bowls and was taking 3 rotis chicks apart and putting all the meat in them.

Hell of a way to spend a Saturday morning.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

The Slack Lagoon posted:

drat that's a power move

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

I was in Sherman Oaks and some dude had two big Tupperware bowls and was taking 3 rotis chicks apart and putting all the meat in them.

Hell of a way to spend a Saturday morning.

i mean, this is what i do with the roti chicken when i get home... but at the costco?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chinatown posted:

i mean, this is what i do with the roti chicken when i get home... but at the costco?
Right at the foodcourt. Didn't even have a dog or drink with him.

It was the most animalistic and erotic thing I've ever seen. :shlick:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I really liked doing (bag of cauliflower rice) + (can of roast beef) + (pouch of tikki masala) for a filling meal that wasn't murdering you with calories.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

StormDrain posted:

Trip report, southeast Denver Costco. The statistics said this would be the fattest part of town so the hypothesis was that they would have smaller clothes sizes on the floor than my normal Costco based on a national distribution of sizing.

Result, positive. The members are visibly more overweight. Clothes that had no smaller sizes at my local warehouse were available in my size, the smallest available. Overall remaining clothes still skewed heavy towards XXL and L.

I had a turkey and provolone sando. It was fine.

It's my lucky day if I find a small for something that I want in their clothing area.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

SirPablo posted:

I really liked doing (bag of cauliflower rice) + (can of roast beef) + (pouch of tikki masala) for a filling meal that wasn't murdering you with calories.

I regularly make the cauliflower rice + tikki masala, but why on earth are you adding roast beef and why is it coming from a can??

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Enos Cabell posted:

I regularly make the cauliflower rice + tikki masala, but why on earth are you adding roast beef and why is it coming from a can??

Cause that's how church sells it, snooty.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Went to Costco last night, pro tip, go on a Wednesday night, the store was empty.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Enos Cabell posted:

Pro move, but also slightly weirded out by canned roast beef.

I made Taco Rice last night but with church frozen Cauli Rice and it was absolutely choice.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Flaggy posted:

Went to Costco last night, pro tip, go on a Wednesday night, the store was empty.

Yeah and filling up your tank is much easier too.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Saw on the local news that Costco in SF is going to get protested by animal rights activists. https://m.facebook.com/events/591118311690100

News anchor said there's going to be topless chicks which made me lol

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

News anchor said there's going to be topless chicks which made me lol

Weird way to describe a $4.99 rotisserie chicken but okay

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Renegret posted:

Weird way to describe a $4.99 rotisserie chicken but okay

Biggest breasts in town.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.facebook.com/LVNinja/videos/373557310079806/

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Anyone have the Citi Costco credit card? Reviews are either totally positive or SCAM/AWFUL!!!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Snowmageddon 2020 in the PNW makes me dread going today. People knifing each other in the aisles for chickens. Mass hysteria.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Chinatown posted:

Anyone have the Citi Costco credit card? Reviews are either totally positive or SCAM/AWFUL!!!

I do. It’s a credit card. Ironically you can apparently min/max your rewards by using a “better” Visa at CostCo but I think three credit cards is already too much.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

It's a standard credit card with a few caveats.

It offers great cash back on gas (4%). Travel and restaurants are 3% as well.

If you're looking to maximize your points/cash back, other cards can do that better (especially if your spending is in other categories) but it's a solid all-around card.

The other caveat is you only receive the cash back in an annual check.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

david_a posted:

I do. It’s a credit card. Ironically you can apparently min/max your rewards by using a “better” Visa at CostCo but I think three credit cards is already too much.

I've been thinking about getting it since I pretty much only fill up at Costco since there's 3 in my usual area of travel and the 4% cash back seems like a nice deal.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
It might be my most used card since it’s the best I have for gas and restaurants. Groceries are a different card (the old CostCo Amex, actually) and I have another one with a flat 1.5% for everything else.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Chinatown posted:

How is it a scam? It's your basic category-based rewards CC.

I got it because I figured might as well have some sort of CC to use at Costco, and I had no Visa card, so it was the obvious choice.

Interesting that there may exist a different Visa with better Costco rewards, but I'm not going to get sucked into some weird /churning hole.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

How is it a scam? It's your basic category-based rewards CC.

I'm just saying what people were posting on NerdWallet reviews.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I use it. It's a credit card. You can probably get better rewards with a different card if you min/max but I have no interest in doing so.

Originally got it with my now wife when we first moved in together to split expenses like groceries, because we did most of our grocery shopping at Costco anyway.

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?

david_a posted:

Hey anybody tried this stuff? I picked it up on impulse. Hatch chilies and three other ingredients

It says it only lasts 3 weeks once you open it (no preservatives) so I have to plan ahead before popping it...

This stuff is delicious, but it really does only last 3 weeks. I had to throw away half a jar because I couldn't eat it fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
The 4% gas is really good. You also get an extra 2y warranty on major appliance purchases, and Costco has some good deals there. The reason I got a costco membership in the first place was because they had the fridge I was looking at for $350 cheaper than Menard's, so it was literally better to pay the membership and buy it through costco.

The big downside IMO is you only get rewards yearly - you get a cash card in february for the previous year's spend, so you are effectively delaying rewards by up to 14 months. 4% and waiting 14 months is not necessarily better than 3% next month, cash has time-value and you could hypothetically throw the money in something that returns way more than 4% per year.

2% in the store is also not particularly good IMO.