Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Elentor posted:

I want that part to be a walking simulator and have an entire chapter dedicated to it called Lifestream is Strange

LiS is published by Square-Enix so that is more likely than you think!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Elentor posted:

Take your time to talk to the NPCs, especially in Midgar. The level of world building in FF7 is crazy.

Yeah now that I'm not a clueless kid I'm looking forward to being able to understand what's going on from a more world-weary perspective.

I used my switch coins to discount it and got it for £2.62 as well, so bonus!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfRu8DeG-E0

This song is so good it almost makes me want to get the remake.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

NikkolasKing posted:

I can't hear the original without adding some of the sound effects automatically. Cloud's sword slashes and the sound of Summons especially.
God this game is still my absolute favorite of them all, anime and all...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

exquisite tea posted:

LiS is published by Square-Enix so that is more likely than you think!

I don't care what anybody says, that's one of the best sci-fi films ever made.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

RatHat posted:

Yeah we’re so lucky it kicked off the next generation combination of games and movies and revitalized Squaresoft!

*blood starts pouring from nostrils*

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

This but unironically

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Elentor posted:

The level of world building in FF7 is crazy.

My favorite bit of worldbuilding is the unspoken details of the Wutai War. If you check the orientation of the Junon in relation to the parts of Wutai that are chewed up badlands, it's pretty obvious that Junon's cannon was used to shell Wutai into submission.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RatHat posted:

It watched it once when it first came out and never again because I had a crush on Roz from Frasier and her death scene made me too sad.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
smh at the ppl in this thread who don't know a quote when they see it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know the quote, I was just agreeing with it

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

NikkolasKing posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one even though buying the remake is probably a dumb thing to do

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm holding out for the FF9 remake myself.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Think the demo will be out this month? It comes out March 3rd so a 1.5-2 month gap seems about right. I really, really hope they don't cancel it because of the leak, I really want to try the combat system before I buy it.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 9, 2020

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm kind of upset that they're actually calling it FF7 Remake, and not something more stylish and appropriate, like say Reunion.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RatHat posted:

Think the demo will be out this month? It comes out March 3rd so a 1.5-2 month gap seems about right. I really, really hope they don't cancel it because of the leak, I really want to try the combat system before I buy it.

January 31st is when the og game released, so

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm kind of upset that they're actually calling it FF7 Remake, and not something more stylish and appropriate, like say Reunion.

It does sound like a working title, doesn't it?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Cloud, shut up and slam: gaiden

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Shoulda called Remako.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Clarste posted:

It does sound like a working title, doesn't it?

On the other hand it's like going "Here, you fuckers, the thing you asked for, for DECADES"

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
If anything it is a teeny bit lame that the box art, title and cover doesn't say anything about its episodic format. I think there's going to be a few people upset when the game ends at the city's edge and the world opens up.

Maybe call it ffvii part one or something

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I think there was a theory somewhere that the ghost dudes of time have something to do with the "Remake" title. As in they are trying to remake the events that originally happened into something else or to restore it after something else changes them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GoGoGadget posted:

I think there was a theory somewhere that the ghost dudes of time have something to do with the "Remake" title. As in they are trying to remake the events that originally happened into something else or to restore it after something else changes them.

Yeah if this is a sequel in disguise that sounds about right.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

GoGoGadget posted:

Yeah, I posted that a few pages ago. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The Final Fantasy VII Remake is both a remake of the original game and a sequel to Dirge of Cerberus meant to finish out the compilation. Genesis and Weiss from DoC's secret ending are going to get up to some time-fuckery and mess with the canon events of the game, trying to bring about a better future. Or some stupid poo poo like that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Shoulda called Remako.

OK, but it turns out it's pronounced Mack-oh, and not Make-oh, because :squeenix:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

OK, but it turns out it's pronounced Mack-oh, and not Make-oh, because :squeenix:

Give Aeris a Cockney accent and have her pronounce it Mack-oh, while everyone else has an American accent and pronounce it Make-oh. Problem solved.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Give Aeris a Cockney accent and have her pronounce it Mack-oh, while everyone else has an American accent and pronounce it Make-oh. Problem solved.

It'll have to be Barret instead of Aerith, as he's the first one to say it, and that's how I learned it's Mack.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

It'll have to be Barret instead of Aerith, as he's the first one to say it, and that's how I learned it's Mack.

Petition to have Idris Elba voice Barret.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Petition to have Idris Elba voice Barret.

I was thinking the obvious choice of Samuel L. Jackson, with Morgan Freeman as Our Narrator, Cloud.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Kheldarn posted:

Ever since I first played the game in 2000ish, I’ve always said “mah-ko”. But that’s because that’s how it was pronounced in glorious Japanese, which I was definitely teaching my weeb self at the time.

(I actually ended up sticking with it and now I sometimes do translation work, go figure)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Give Aeris a Cockney accent

Oy, a chav nicked me Materia!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

chav yuffie would own unironically

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kith posted:

chav yuffie would own unironically

Actually.... yes.

Really curious who they get to do her voice. Shame they got Gideon Emery back but only for a small role, he should be voicing Vincent

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

precision posted:

Actually.... yes.

Really curious who they get to do her voice. Shame they got Gideon Emery back but only for a small role, he should be voicing Vincent

This is a weird thing they do. Remembers Moms Are Tough from FFXIII? Voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. They gave her a nothing role where she had maybe five lines.

And Simon Templeman aka Kain from Legacy of Kain was one of the minor Judge Magisters in FFXII.

I give them some credit since they really do seem to try to shuffle around their casts a lot. A lot of dubs reuse the same handful of voices a lot which is generally unavoidable but Square with all their money and resources bring in a lot of new or lesser known talent. You are more of ten than not going to hear familiar voices doing minor roles.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
McGlynn also voices Hydaelyn from FFXIV, which I can't help but hear as Angel from Digital Devil Saga every time.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Who is making this, the team that made ff15?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Nevermind all that poo poo, when is the Final Fantasy IX remake?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The team that made FFXIV 1.0

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't want a remake of IX that makes it weird, but I'd also like a remake of IX that gave Freya more screentime and fixed the translation issues. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Remakes of VII - IX would be awesome, but Square-Enix is not up to the task of doing this.