Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

WHM is a bit less mean spirited too, I enjoy RLM but they're middle aged dudes from the midwest who care less about making AIDS jokes and I can't imagine the two would blend well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Elderbean posted:

WHM is a bit less mean spirited too, I enjoy RLM but they're middle aged dudes from the midwest who care less about making AIDS jokes and I can't imagine the two would blend well.

Yeah.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I was mostly joking and I agree that the RLM guys mostly take stuff too seriously. They’re just not as funny and for me, they’re in the wrong medium. If WHM suddenly quit podcasting to chase YouTube bucks I’d probably stop listening

Edit: is anyone having problems with pocketcasts? It’s being a huge piece of poo poo and causing my timphone to crash hard over and over

Arson Daily fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 7, 2020

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Not recently but after my 3 years is up I’m switching podcasts app cause I refuse to pay monthly for a web player.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

Not recently but after my 3 years is up I’m switching podcasts app cause I refuse to pay monthly for a web player.

I think pocketcast's paid features recently got unlocked for free. I like it a lot. But I haven't played with many others.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I dropped Pocket Casts a while back when they completely hosed up their interface for no reason. Podcast Addict works for me now.

Also "Hellboy if you don't want to be here, neither do we!"

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
hellboy hosed me real good :)

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Overcast is really good, had it for years after trying others

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Eric has never been more my spirit animal than when Andrew started reeling off band name after band name I’ve never heard of.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Next episode is gonna be weird, because I HATE Andrew’s Gerald Butler impression, but I absolutely love all of their Nick Nolte impressions.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The same podcast app discussion that happens every couple of pages in this thread makes me feel like I'm in some kind of Groundhog Day.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Hellboy hosed me hard

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

This week's episode was more involved on my part than usual. I've seen maybe 20% of what's covered on WHM and sure as hell didn't watch Hellboy but all I did throughout the episode was "ah that story, ooo the changeling, what Lobster Johnston on screen?!!" and its all poo poo.

Legit saddened that we never got the third Hellboy film, as far as I'm concerned apart from the unecessary inclusion of the blandest, whitest guy in the first film they're both excellent.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, as someone who avoided Hellboy 2019, this was fascinating to listen to. I'm just as confused as the crew over the fact that they got Thomas Haden Church as Lobster Johnson and only had him show up in a flashback and as a ghost in the stinger.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I saw Hellboy 2019 on a plane and it felt like watching a highlight (?) reel of a Hellboy TV series or something. Nothing made sense or connected to anything else. It was really fascinating to watch. Some of those scenes and sequences may have been decent in like, a real movie.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It was never gonna be anything without Perlman and Del Toro. Like they said, there just isn’t a huge reverence for Hellboy like some other comics. It probably just didn’t need to get made in the first place if you weren’t gonna let Del Toro do his thing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Scheduling update. They can't do Terminator Dark Fate anymore because it won't be available for streaming in time. But don't worry, they've got a doozy of a lovely movie to replace it with.

New January schedule:
Episode 462 — Hellboy (2019)

Episode 463 — Angel Has Fallen

Episode 464 — Yesterday

Episode 465 — Hobbes and Shaw

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

thrawn527 posted:

Scheduling update. They can't do Terminator Dark Fate anymore because it won't be available for streaming in time. But don't worry, they've got a doozy of a lovely movie to replace it with.

New January schedule:
Episode 462 — Hellboy (2019)

Episode 463 — Angel Has Fallen

Episode 464 — Yesterday

Episode 465 — Hobbes and Shaw

Ohhhhhh that’s a good one. That movie is infuriating. I went into it with hate watch mentality and still got salty.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

They hated Yesterday before it even came out. I can't honestly believe they went in with an open mind.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I'm was really looking forward to Dark Fate. I've wanted to hear their take on it since I saw it. :(

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Going after a Danny Boyle movie. For shame, WHM.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

jojoinnit posted:

I'm was really looking forward to Dark Fate. I've wanted to hear their take on it since I saw it. :(

They said they're going to get to Dark Fate someday, just not this month.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t like their 10 year rule. I don’t think it adds anything.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t like their 10 year rule. I don’t think it adds anything.

In theory, it keeps them from adding to the million voices clamoring to dissect every pop culture thing of the moment at once. But they've broken that rule so many times at this point that it ends up being useless.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

They only really break the rule during worst of month and, sometimes, listener request month. Yeah, they often break it on Pateron but you're paying for it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

clown shoes posted:

They only really break the rule during worst of month and, sometimes, listener request month. Yeah, they often break it on Pateron but you're paying for it.

And BvsS. loving Parademons

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

WHM On Screen is a different show that usually falls out of the regular schedule.

loving Parademons

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Billy Gnosis posted:

And BvsS. loving Parademons

That was an emergency broadcast, if you'll remember.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I certainly hope that we'll see President Nerd again in the future. This is a fun episode.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I could listen to Stephen screaming like Nick Nolte any day of the week.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Incredible Nolte this time, even with the bar they’ve set already

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

This episode took a bit to get going but once they got to President Nerd it took off like a rocket, holy poo poo.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I can't believe they can maintain their Nolte as long as they do, it sounds like it hurts to do.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Requesting "Real Men" for yet another year. A 90s HBO staple free to stream on YouTube. Jim Belushi being stripped down and whipped by a dominatrix had tremendous traumatic impact on me during my formative years.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Iron Crowned posted:

I certainly hope that we'll see President Nerd again in the future. This is a fun episode.

This is honestly a testament to how good "yes, and" can be when we nearly missed having this get developed if not for Steve saying "YOU KNOW I don't think we got into that enough" and they it was at least 5 straight minutes of greatness.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Soup du Jour posted:

This episode took a bit to get going but once they got to President Nerd it took off like a rocket, holy poo poo.

Between that and poo poo eating Skeleton Mom this was an all timer.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Thinking of requesting “There Will Be Blood” for WLM Patreon, and “Milk Money” for the regular feed. Any thoughts?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I really want to hear them do the last Mission Impossible for a WLM episode. They don't have a Tom Cruise impression at all do they? I'm struggling to think of if they've ever covered one of his other than the disappointing MI marathon they did of the first four back in the day.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I will request Vibrations just like every year and like every year it won’t happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I’m requesting Eye of the Tiger. Absolutely nuts Busey movie