Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

John Krasinski is a turd sandwich.

Yeah, after hearing how eager he is to bend over backwards for the CIA's representation in Hollywood... he's no bueno imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

teagone posted:

Yeah, after hearing how eager he is to bend over backwards for the CIA's representation in Hollywood... he's no bueno imo.

lol, maybe he'll even show up for the next sequel to Sicario in which we further fellate CIA and perhaps even Mossad in order to completely undermine the point of the original film

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

teagone posted:

Sounds like you haven't given your daily thanks to the CIA today, citizen.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I wanted Quiet Place 2 to go the way of the Tremors series, maybe give the monsters the ability to smell?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Thaddius the Large posted:

I wanted Quiet Place 2 to go the way of the Tremors series, maybe give the monsters the ability to smell?

A Quiet Place 2: A Rancid Place

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hand Knit posted:

A Quiet Place 2: A Rancid Place

In the opening scene, a family scavenges groceries. The little boy excitedly picks up a can of beans...

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I know QP1 (the movie at least) came before Bird Box, but that trailer for Part II def has some Bird Box feels. I think it's the similarity to the sisters driving scene with Sandra Bullock and this driving scene with the kid.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Or World War Z, or Dawn of the Dead (2004), or War of the Worlds (2005) and probably a million other movies

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
The New Mutants: The New Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vJhUAOFpI

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alehkhs posted:

The New Mutants: The New Trailer

LOL, 20th Century Fox still have the original 2017 teaser up on their official youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu9e410C__I

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This time it’s really coming out for reals!!!

I wonder if Marvel did anything to do before releasing it or if they’re just dumping it before starting the Mutants fresh again.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Eh, if the rumors are true and they're going with the original cut, maybe reshoots would have been a good idea. This looks incredibly dull, like a pilot for a new FX show.

edit: Source on the rumor I mentioned.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 6, 2020

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

thrawn527 posted:

Eh, if the rumors are true and they're going with the original cut, maybe reshoots would have been a good idea. This looks incredibly dull, like a pilot for a new FX show.
It looks really dark, as in, "I can't see what's going on."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

New shows on FX include Legion, What We Do In The Shadows, and Fargo. I don’t think that came off like the burn you think it does.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

ruddiger posted:

New shows on FX include Legion, What We Do In The Shadows, and Fargo. I don’t think that came off like the burn you think it does.

Fair point. I just meant it doesn't feel very theatrical. I probably picked the wrong channel.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Yeah, it looks more like a Fox show, like The Gifted, which was also about an xman I think...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

clown shoes posted:

Yeah, it looks more like a Fox show, like The Gifted, which was also about an xman I think...

It's about the ordinary mutants in the X-Men universe, the ones the movies barely showed. And it dug really dig into X-Men lore to find characters, so you get somewhat notable mutants like Sage and Blink (who was also in Days of Future Past) but also really obscure ones like Evangeline Whedon and Beautiful Dreamer.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Evangeline Whedon

Ew.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I haven't heard of Evangeline Whedon or Beautiful Dinner. I know Wolverine's name is Logan (there was a movie called Xmen Organs: Wolverine) and that there is an airport named after him in Boston.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wikipedia" posted:

Evangeline "Vange" Whedon is a fictional character, a mutant appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Whedon is a lawyer and her mutant ability is to transform into a red dragon.[1] Her first appearance was in X-Treme X-Men #21.

She even has a stupid Whedon-style diminutive.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

They had a character that could turn into a dragon but it only happened off screen in the same scene where they killed her off. The show was lame for that entire second season but deserved to be cancelled for that bullshit alone.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

McSpanky posted:

She even has a stupid Whedon-style diminutive.

Impossible to read that and not hear "Miss Vaaaanjie" repeating endlessly.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

read that as vage first

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

thrawn527 posted:

edit: Source on the rumor I mentioned.

I'm preeeeeeeeeetty sure that article is misinterpreting Boone's tweet. From what I gather he originally wanted to make pretty much a horror film with mutant protagonists but the Fox execs forced him the make a half horror / half YA film (they actually described it as "The Breakfast Club meets The Shining"), then for some reason they released that teaser back in 2017 which highlighted the horror aspects which was received fairly well so the execs flipped and decided they wanted a horror-centric film after all. I'm pretty sure that Boone's tweet is him saying "Yes the film is now back to how I originally wanted it" and that they did do reshoots.

For example, I'm pretty sure the original cut didn't include the Demon Bear which is now very obviously back in the flick.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Another A24 joint, that somehow seems like a parody trailer, but also pretty good
'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRUWVT87mt8

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bows1 posted:

Another A24 joint, that somehow seems like a parody trailer, but also pretty good
'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRUWVT87mt8

Not a good trailer but Kelly Reichardt is dope.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I saw Kelly Reichardt's Certain Women which has Laura Dern and Michelle Williams and is pretty good but man that's an awful trailer

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Vegetable posted:

I saw Kelly Reichardt's Certain Women which has Laura Dern and Michelle Williams and is pretty good but man that's an awful trailer

Check out everything else. Certain Women is probably my least favourite of hers.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Meek's Cutoff and Nightmoves are good.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

not familiar with this children's book but it looks fun I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EonRi0yQOE

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Actually it's just a straight up horror(?) comic by Stephen King's son Joe Hill. But you bet your rear end that Netflix is hoping this will be the thing to usurp Stanger Things as the new cultural phenomenon with Kids (and teens, and adults).

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Locke and Key's tone is a bit all over the place - it has the overall vibe of a young adult story at the beginning, but then goes in some extremely disturbing directions, especially towards the end. Looking at the trailer you'd think it was just some weird PG-13 thing but then there's one shot of one of the characters covered in blood, so Netflix could go either way with it, I guess?

It's fun to compare this trailer with the old pilot they filmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_KmKC5K8QU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3HbbzHK5Mc

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I honestly don't know what to make of this.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Well it looks fun, I'll give it that

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
WB can cut a good trailer, even their more disappointing movies had some pretty hype ones .

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I hate that they used an imitation of the Bjork cover. I hope that's not what Canary is singing in the movie (it will be wont it)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcPU3mIuUmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoNloYTsH0Y

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

So, her secret weapon is cocaine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SimonCat posted:

So, her secret weapon is cocaine?

Cocaine canonically grants superpowers to its users in the DC universe

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Snowflame_(New_Earth)