Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

<Mike Nelson voice> Aaand we're back.

As the previous Sagas thread was closed during the Great Forums Fires of 2019, and also now 2020, and also it was 798 pages and thus probably in need of a reboot anyway, we're going to hit the ground running with a new one! I ask that while posting in here we try to keep the following in mind:

1) There is a difference between Sagas and drama. The two are often intertwined, but for the purposes of this thread we'll define Sagas as tales or events that people outside of Something Awful, perhaps outside the internet all together (they exist??) would find fun, funny, or otherwise interesting and noteworthy. Drama is when the event in question is doing little but causing a lot of people sadness, frustration, or harm. I understand drama will often find its way into this thread, especially ones that are currently on-going (cough), but please try to keep the thread focused on Sagas instead.

2) This thread is not for slap-fighting, forums grudges, or setting the hounds on your posting enemies. We're sitting around a fire eating beans from tin cans and recounting the days of yore, not actively holding Wild West shoot-outs. Besides -- good, bad, I'm the one with the gun. :getin:

I'm kidding about that last bit. Mostly.

I will start off with my favorite Saga, which I'm sure will not remain the subject of discussion for long, but I will do so regardless, it is the discovery of the classic horror short story collection named... HORRORS. Come for the terrible stories written by a middle-schooler. Think about leaving when you realize all the WaffleImage goon illustrations are broken. Be glad you stuck around when the actual author of Horrors, all grown up, comes to join the party.

Sagas from the greater Internet are fine as well. Personally I was enjoying the Neopets stuff.

Happy posting and remember:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The thread where a goon had a meltdown about Chessex not checking their dice for fairness got blasted to some place I can't see it. It was a good meltdown though!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Yeah dude shared too much work related info.

I was trying to list a bunch of the sagas last thread... maybe I can find it. Ah, here we go...

quote:

So in the SA Fame Pantheon we have:

All Your Base Are Belong to Us
P-p-p-powerbook
Send A Pizza to Joe Biden's House
Zybourne Clock
Slenderman
Groverhouse
BeatmstrJ's Bathroom, presented by Axe Gamer Spray
4chan
Weird Twitter
Benghazi CIA Psyop Forum
Caro
Smashmouth Eggs
Limp Bizkit Municipal Water and Sewage
DMB Shitshower
SA GoonFLEET in EvE Online
World's Dumbest Stalker
Code Magenta/Reddit Pedo Purge
Buying Body Armor for US troops in Iraq

Anything else?

D. Ebdrup posted:
Uwe Boll v Lowtax
Photoshop Friday (All Your Base Are Belong To Us, movie posters with anagrams especially, but many others)
Let's Plays
Party Hard
"I'm In Your Base Killing Your Dudes"
Chuck Norris facts
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
OH SHI-
ORLY?
Awesome smiley
Not many people know it, but SA is also to blame for Demonoid and What.cd
Derek Smart having any kind of relevance

Then there's a bunch of people who probably need to be mentioned?
Cliffy B, deadmau5, Yatzee

I dunno if live streaming of vidya gayms on Twitch counts as a whole, but goons certainly were some of the first to do it on ustream

I think the PPJ: Nazi Hunter poo poo is being called the Groverspy saga but maybe too soon to tell?
It's hilarious that came about because someone was stanning for Death Ray getting banned from BSS.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 10, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
Post ongoing sagas.

“My wife has the world’s dumbest stalker.”

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

For a moment I thought someone had photoshopped meat under the stairs because I didn't remember the insulation being shown like that before

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
ground floor baby :getin:

My favorite saga has to be the gamecube mod challenge. I joined to read Let's Plays just in time to watch a guy send himself to the hostpital.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah dude shared too much work related info.

I was trying to list a bunch of the sagas last thread... maybe I can find it.

I assumed that's what it was since his last post was asking how to reach a moderator

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I Said No posted:

For a moment I thought someone had photoshopped meat under the stairs because I didn't remember the insulation being shown like that before

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1197999531671130112.html

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

My favorite saga has to be the gamecube mod challenge. I joined to read Let's Plays just in time to watch a guy send himself to the hostpital.

Wasn't the "lost fingat" found to be fake?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Thank you. I've never fully experienced Groverhaus. I'm a little surprised he had blueprints, such as they are.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Len posted:

I assumed that's what it was since his last post was asking how to reach a moderator
Yeah turns out all the poo poo about "hahaha you fools, no one cares if the dice are random. You think we QA for randomness? " may be bad for a company that designs accessories for games of chance...

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I can think of worse ways to get permad.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wasn't the "lost fingat" found to be fake?

much like the fecal lasagna, i want to believe

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah turns out all the poo poo about "hahaha you fools, no one cares if the dice are random. You think we QA for randomness? " may be bad for a company that designs accessories for games of chance...

But they're not the ones manufacturing the dice right? I thought they were just "customizing" them and putting them in bags to sell at a mark up.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Those posts at the bottom of the first page and the top of the second :eyepop:

Still relevant

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ground floor with Butthole Greedo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

From everything I heard, micromancer was a pretty nice guy, known for this picture that got internet famous

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

excellent! :toot:

pls put a link to the old thread in the OP for ease of lookups, ms bird :)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784826

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

But they're not the ones manufacturing the dice right? I thought they were just "customizing" them and putting them in bags to sell at a mark up.

Yeah, but they weren’t marketing that way.

The “Joose” (phenazapam) stuff in TCC was a doozy. Someone who followed the thread better can probably sum it up more but I can definitely answer questions about why benzos are basically a pill that
turns you into a lunatic idiot. And why withdrawal can actually kill you. Yaaaay pharmacology classes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Here are some classics to start it rolling

Help me make a pasta sauce!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723305&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Chickencheese Thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3498320

BlueStory, or the Tale of Star Wars Toys and Oral Allergies
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319

One of the Zaurg Threads
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3470495&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Hiking Across America: A Death March in 30 posts
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Who can out-chili my chili
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3406045

And one of my personal favorites, Don't Marry an Airforce Intel Officer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3310326&perpage=40&pagenumber=72#post412934769

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mermaid Shelly! :swoon:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Xarbala posted:

Those posts at the bottom of the first page and the top of the second :eyepop:

Still relevant

i dont want to immediately derail this thread but holy poo poo

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, but they weren’t marketing that way.

The “Joose” (phenazapam) stuff in TCC was a doozy. Someone who followed the thread better can probably sum it up more but I can definitely answer questions about why benzos are basically a pill that
turns you into a lunatic idiot. And why withdrawal can actually kill you. Yaaaay pharmacology classes.

That was the one where one of the guys blacked out for a week and woke up out of a job, divorced and totaled his car right? I know one of them somehow ended up with a $2,000 piano or something.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I always enjoyed the Sega Killer, thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1844470&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The sudden swerve to furry vore in this was amazing, and how broke he was from serving brown slop to 200 randos at various SCA meets was somehow a far second.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Was Joose the one that someone hilariously described as "the Ocarina from Zelda, but it teleports you to the hospital"

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

so what's the story with goku's pants? i can only vaguely remember it being a thing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't have any links to share because I always just relied on the saga thread to repost them whenever I wanted to reread, I dunno, the Drywall Room Fiasco or w/e

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Tribladeofchaos posted:

That was the one where one of the guys blacked out for a week and woke up out of a job, divorced and totaled his car right? I know one of them somehow ended up with a $2,000 piano or something.

Yep, and the other guy got a 5000 dollar grand piano. For his fifth floor walk up.

Benzos are GABA agonists, so they tell your brain to slow its roll. It’s like alcohol, except instead of eventually passing out or yarping everywhere, you just black out and lose your inhibitions and memories.

And if you spend enough time on them, your body starts making more glutamate, which makes your brain speed up. On the low end, you have a bad headache and the shakes. On the high end, you have hallucinations, and seizures, and die. Which is why the TCC benzo thread had a guy at the 2300ish page mark asking for help about smuggling benzos into SAUDI loving ARIABIA so he could function there. They, uh, execute people for drug smuggling there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

so what's the story with goku's pants? i can only vaguely remember it being a thing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615777

(Sid Delicious on page 2 starts it off)