Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Dave Concepcion posted:

so where the gently caress is the photo evidence?

MR SPIFFY ATE THE ART :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

limaCAT posted:

MR SPIFFY ATE THE ART :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZlg3jRQOw

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I was gonna post that

Doing gifs on phone sucks so

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

*Francis dolorhide holds edward Norton’s son hostage, who wets his pants*

Edward Norton: *smokes* “please. I have a family”

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
It's a shame, I think it definitely would have ended up being a cool prop in the vghs set if he'd bought it years ago

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

It’s the only way to gain his powers of cards and mega-crotch.

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

:woop::siren::siren::siren::woop:
FREDDIE WONG POSTING HERE
It's at my framers. Update at end of the month because good framers take time.

It is glorious. The detail, the texture of pencil on printer paper, my god. Untold realms contained within.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

how much did the framing cost

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

do the framers realize they're handling an integral part of internet culture

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

if the framers swapped it with a forgery would you even know

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
The kind older Micheal's store employee smiling at this framing request, thinking it is cherished art from your beloved single-digit-age child, never staring at it long enough to fully appreciate

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

MrSpiffy posted:

It's at my framers. Update at end of the month because good framers take time.

It is glorious. The detail, the texture of pencil on printer paper, my god. Untold realms contained within.

Mr Spiffy don't eat the framers! :ohdear:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Splash Attack posted:

do the framers realize they're handling an integral part of internet culture

These are professional framers we're talking about. I'm sure they will give Johnny the white glove treatment.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That better be cared for with the utmost care, lest Benjamin Franklin Gates come steal it.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

once you get tired of looking at it you should lend it out to posh galleries so the world really gets to appreciate the fine arts

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If the framers didn’t question it when you handed it over, it’s because they probably think it was done by a child who has since died.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

ANUSTART posted:

The kind older Micheal's store employee smiling at this framing request, thinking it is cherished art from your beloved single-digit-age child, never staring at it long enough to fully appreciate

"Be careful, I paid over four grand for this"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Icochet posted:

"Be careful, I paid over four grand for this"

Can't wait to see the 2050 Pawn Stars episode featuring Johnny Five Aces

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ANUSTART posted:

Lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

freddie don't neglect that feedback

MrSpiffy
Aug 13, 2000

FREDDIE WONG POSTING HERE
Hung and mounted. Gonna print out a museum placard type of thing to display alongside it. Museum UV glass, float mounted, and original folds and blemishes of the 8.5x11" printer paper meticulously preserved. I told the guy who owns the frame shop the whole story, and while he certainly found it amusing, he definitely was very confused. No matter - true art is rarely appreciated by the common public in its own time.

A close examination of the area near "Gros Gammon" reveals a previously unseen face that was started and erased! Was this a theoretical FOURTH character or an early attempt at Schultz?? Image contrast enhanced.

A further mysterious marking, again near the relatively unexplored "Gros Gammon" area of the image. The curvature suggests some kind of steampunk device or perhaps it is an early attempt at Schultz' eyepiece?

Truly, a magnificent work, which will be cherished for generations to come.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:five:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Goldmine this, as I don't see this getting any better.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Finally, closure.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I love this loving forum.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Gros bless us, every one. :worship:

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Imagine four drawings of characters on the surface of a printer paper. Say a direct copy of the drawing nearest the surface fades to the foreground of the page of characters and takes the place of the first drawing. The formerly first character becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the page. Time works the same way

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MrSpiffy posted:

Hung and mounted. Gonna print out a museum placard type of thing to display alongside it. Museum UV glass, float mounted, and original folds and blemishes of the 8.5x11" printer paper meticulously preserved. I told the guy who owns the frame shop the whole story, and while he certainly found it amusing, he definitely was very confused. No matter - true art is rarely appreciated by the common public in its own time.

A close examination of the area near "Gros Gammon" reveals a previously unseen face that was started and erased! Was this a theoretical FOURTH character or an early attempt at Schultz?? Image contrast enhanced.

A further mysterious marking, again near the relatively unexplored "Gros Gammon" area of the image. The curvature suggests some kind of steampunk device or perhaps it is an early attempt at Schultz' eyepiece?

Truly, a magnificent work, which will be cherished for generations to come.

Get in insured at its 2019 valuation so in X number of decades this will be in a estate sale as "unknown pencil sketch on paper' excellent provenance sold to last owner by artist directly, last purchased in 2019 for $3k USD, opening bid is 12k USD."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Sometimes I think these forums are garbage hellscape, and sometimes glorious things like FYAD being permanently shut down and Johnny Fiveaces being sold for $5000 happen.