Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

e: also lol Guy Mann caught two week long probations in the same day in two entirely separate forums and is now banned from CD completely. Can we do that too

I already asked in discord and it didn’t catch on but I still very much think we should do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Rarity posted:

Wait, what?

All those years of buying chicken nuggets for nothing :negative:

Apparently the big reason we didn't know much about this was that the trial started on September 10, 2001. Next day just blew it out of press coverage

Escobarbarian posted:

I already asked in discord and it didn’t catch on but I still very much think we should do this

For real, can we please?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Escobarbarian posted:

i support the Guy Bann

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you guys are taking requests i have a couple of 90kg rocks for the trebuchet

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Croatoan posted:

Apparently the big reason we didn't know much about this was that the trial started on September 10, 2001. Next day just blew it out of press coverage

I don't want to seem crazy but McDonald's was definitely behind 9/11

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarity posted:

All those years of buying chicken nuggets for nothing :negative:

Think of all the free steroids you got.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H9AaiBLHCo

Is it just me or is this a total ripoff of the MCU? Get your own mythology, the Norse.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like someone combined Twilight & The Almighty Johnsons, and set it in Norway

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So I know I'm months late but I finally got around to watching season 5 of Black Mirror. What a fart of a season. I literally forgot what the plot to Smithereens was just a few hours after I watched it because it was just that forgettable.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I am taking a break from my self-imposed posting ban to briefly voice my solidarity in banning guy Mann from TVIV, because gently caress him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/RealMattLucas/status/1215693254051713026?s=20

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK2ZGOsbeqo
Trailer for HBOs documentary series about the McDonalds Monopoly scam. This is the one where an inside man was subverting the process and had a group of people winning the big ticket items every year with no chance for an average person.

There was some mega essay written about these people sometime last year that was incredible, pretty wild story. Another similar one is these people who took to gaming certain scratchers or lottos to take advantage of some quirk of it's rules or something. I love these kind of tales, the McDonald's one is a good story for a documentary.

zoux posted:

How many of yall have this aunt
https://twitter.com/mikesbloggity/status/1215468184611934208

e: also lol Guy Mann caught two week long probations in the same day in two entirely separate forums and is now banned from CD completely. Can we do that too

Haha, the too-early victory dance seals this video into the compilation canon. I look forward to seeing this next time I wind up down the youtube compilation hole.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 10, 2020

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/1215718413986779136?s=21

:toot:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

heck yeah.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I still don't get the Witcher love. I tried to watch episode one and got super bored about halfway through. Does it get better? Was I just in a bad mood or something?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Croatoan posted:

I still don't get the Witcher love. I tried to watch episode one and got super bored about halfway through. Does it get better? Was I just in a bad mood or something?

Yes it gets better and you may have been grumpy idk

Seems like the consensus is that if you don't like it by the end of episode 3, you can give up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's got problems but it gets by on Cavill's performance and some good supporting actors. Also one absolute banger of a song.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreenNight posted:

TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER

LIterally lost sleep one night because that was stuck in my head harder than the Tetris music ever was

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Should be the 2020's version of rick roll.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Croatoan posted:

So I know I'm months late but I finally got around to watching season 5 of Black Mirror. What a fart of a season. I literally forgot what the plot to Smithereens was just a few hours after I watched it because it was just that forgettable.

poo poo I forgot this season had Striking Vipers. That alone made it a good season.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Sad news for Rhyno:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1215725657994473472

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Is Medical Police any good? It looks like a more serious Garth Merengi's Darkplace from the trailers.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If you liked Childrens Hospital, or any of those live action Adult Swim shows you will like it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It is very funny and silly.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Pitch Perfect's 70s reboot looking good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I had to laugh at how the first episode of Medical Police is literally just Childrens Hospital.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

NieR Occomata posted:

I am taking a break from my self-imposed posting ban to briefly voice my solidarity in banning guy Mann from TVIV, because gently caress him.

Cool, can we ban you next?

Edit: wait, didn't Deadpool already ban him from this thread years ago

precision fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 11, 2020

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

precision posted:

Cool, can we ban you next?

Edit: wait, didn't Deadpool already ban him from this thread years ago

Apparently he has a new parachute, but I still don't get why people don't just ignore him. :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's hard to ignore someone who's been accusing me for 7 years of something extremely reprehensible and at one point 4 years ago found my Facebook (lots of goons used to know my Facebook so that's not too odd) and sent friends of mine horrible messages (which is odd)

Mods refuse to do anything about it :shrug:

Edit: I'm referring to Occupation, not Guy Mann, I now realize you may have been referring to the latter

precision fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 11, 2020

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

bull3964 posted:

Pitch Perfect's 70s reboot looking good.

I'm the mustache

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

It's hard to ignore someone who's been accusing me for 7 years of something extremely reprehensible and at one point 4 years ago found my Facebook (lots of goons used to know my Facebook so that's not too odd) and sent friends of mine horrible messages (which is odd)

Mods refuse to do anything about it :shrug:

Edit: I'm referring to Occupation, not Guy Mann, I now realize you may have been referring to the latter

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Is your intent here to make me feel bad for being stressed out about someone who is pretty clearly insane and who knows my real name because Uhhhhhhhh

Just hope it never happens to you. Love you man.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Is your intent here to make me feel bad for being stressed out about someone who is pretty clearly insane and who knows my real name because Uhhhhhhhh

Just hope it never happens to you. Love you man.

He's a oval office and your a drama queen whos been singing the same song for years. You guys should either gently caress, or meet in the desert and see who walks out.

Either way, you need to shut the gently caress up about it every time he pokes his head up.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just stop bringing it up for literally no reason. The past is the past, get over it or deal with it somewhere not on these dead, gay forums. Occ didn't even post about you and you appeared to snipe him out anyway lmao.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Starting to think you have a the nanny problem

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Stop bringing it up for literally no reason" - if anyone at all would tell HIM that, I'd be happy! He did it just a couple weeks ago in Games, out of absolute nowhere.

And if he would drop it, I absolutely would, as evidenced by the fact that I completely forgot about him for around 2 entire years, I think 2015-2016, when I never saw him mention it.

But then he did.

But yeah I'll drop it in this thread and take it to QCS or whatever

It's just weird to me that I'm somehow in the wrong here. I did mention the offsite stalking right? I'm pretty sure if someone were doing this to a more popular person, like you, there would be literally anybody on my side. What he's doing is explicitly breaking the forum rules and is loving insane!

Edit: Rocksicles, I tried to PM you and it didn't work.

precision fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 11, 2020

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

He did it just a couple weeks ago in Games, out of absolute nowhere.

And if he would drop it, I absolutely would, as evidenced by the fact that I completely forgot about him for around 2 entire years, I think 2015-2016, when I never saw him mention it.

But then he did.

But yeah I'll drop it in this thread and take it to QCS or whatever

It's just weird to me that I'm somehow in the wrong here. I did mention the offsite stalking right? I'm pretty sure if someone were doing this to a more popular person, like you, there would be literally anybody on my side. What he's doing is explicitly breaking the forum rules and is loving insane!

Edit: Rocksicles, I tried to PM you and it didn't work.

Don't PM me, I don't want to discuss anything with you that can't be said in here. I'll tell you what i'd tell anyone else who wants some Rocksicles sympathy. I'm as interested in your sob story as you are in mine.

There are about 3 poeple in here i would listen to complain and they are smart enough not to try it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm... I wasn't messaging you for sympathy, I just didn't want to gently caress up the thread even worse

But okay cool man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

zoux posted:

Starting to think you have a the nanny problem

Problem, more like #blessing

precision posted:

"Stop bringing it up for literally no reason" - if anyone at all would tell HIM that, I'd be happy! He did it just a couple weeks ago in Games, out of absolute nowhere.

That sucks. Unfortunately this is TVIV and not Games.

I've not seen you post in Couch Chat in forever, but you did so as soon as Occ posted something in here, just to jump on him. I'd rather it stay out of this thread and out of this subforum. Please and thx. Same goes for Occ, as well.

First person to post about it again gets a sixer.