Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Thinkin' bout that Hot Dog + Soda (with refill) cash-back reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
One of my coworkers got her AC replaced with a costco deal, and it included a $1600 costco cash back.

This was in the form of a check that could only be redeemed at Costco, for a drug dealer wad of cash. The customer service agent told her that after this month, they'll no longer be doing the cash-outs, and will instead put that on a gift card or something.

Bogus!

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
The Costco card also has 0% foreign exchange fees

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The Costco Citi Visa card gives you 4% back on gas, 3% on travel and restaurants, 2% from Costco purchases, and 1% back in everything else. I have most of my bills set to auto pay from that card, the 1% back from my bills alone is much better than the nothing I was getting when I was just paying bills with my debit card. If you're looking to get another credit card, the Costco Visa is a solid choice. Especially if you're going to make any large purchases at Costco like furniture or a set of tires.

My rewards check should be about $200 this year, but it could be more if I decide to make a couple large purchases this month. I'm considering buying a loveseat and booking a trip to Vegas but it'll probably end up being one or the other. I have to do it soon though or else the cash back will go on next year's rewards check.

canyoneer posted:

One of my coworkers got her AC replaced with a costco deal, and it included a $1600 costco cash back.

This was in the form of a check that could only be redeemed at Costco, for a drug dealer wad of cash. The customer service agent told her that after this month, they'll no longer be doing the cash-outs, and will instead put that on a gift card or something.

Bogus!

They can also take the check and write you a new one for the same amount that you can actually take to the bank. That's what my Costco does for all Citi Visa rewards checks that are over $500.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I think the Citi Visa card is great. 2% back at Costco stacked on the executive rebate is not bad at all. Plus the card is the membership card so there is some convenience added. When I was looking at it a lot of complaints were with Citi themselves and didn't seem to be a risk for me personally. After a year or so I got an instant credit increase on request. They post payments before the money is out of my bank.

The gas is at any gas station with the exception of grocery store gas stations, basically.

The upside of only getting cash back once a year is that it does build into a serious payday, but I would rather redeem at will. My usual complaint with rewards cards is that after the sign up bonus it seems like forever until I can earn anything good, so multiple cards and churning really amplifies that problem.

I'm debating a new couch or a gas stove with mine right now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Thanks guys. I have been approved. :homebrew:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Paul MaudDib posted:

The 4% gas is really good. You also get an extra 2y warranty on major appliance purchases, and Costco has some good deals there. The reason I got a costco membership in the first place was because they had the fridge I was looking at for $350 cheaper than Menard's, so it was literally better to pay the membership and buy it through costco.

It's not just appliances, TVs and computers get the extra 2 years on top of their existing 2 year warranty for a total of 4 years warranty at no cost.

https://www.costco.com/concierge-two-plus-two-warranty.html

Getting free 4 years of coverage on a laptop just by using your card is a good bonus

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

It's not just appliances, TVs and computers get the extra 2 years on top of their existing 2 year warranty for a total of 4 years warranty at no cost.

https://www.costco.com/concierge-two-plus-two-warranty.html

Getting free 4 years of coverage on a laptop just by using your card is a good bonus

How does the warranty stuff work anyways (Gold membership only)? IIRC Costco only has a 30-day refund on electronics. Can you say there's an issue with an electronic within 2 years and have it refunded?

I'm curious because I bought a Vizio Soundbar (SB3651) last year and it's been trash with freezing trying to sync, a/v delay but it's past the 30-day period. I also don't have the box anymore or receipt, but they should be able to lookup the purchase on my account. Is it possible to get it replaced at the very least?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Xaris posted:

How does the warranty stuff work anyways (Gold membership only)? IIRC Costco only has a 30-day refund on electronics. Can you say there's an issue with an electronic within 2 years and have it refunded?

I'm curious because I bought a Vizio Soundbar (SB3651) last year and it's been trash with freezing trying to sync, a/v delay but it's past the 30-day period. I also don't have the box anymore or receipt, but they should be able to lookup the purchase on my account. Is it possible to get it replaced at the very least?

They should be able to provide proof of purchase so you can do a return with Vizio directly. If you know the Costco people behind the desk they might help you out with a return, though. But they usually frown on it because people would just return their tv/computer/whatever every year and get a new one.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Thanks guys. I have been approved. :homebrew:

Dawgs for the whole thread!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Anyone have the Citi Costco credit card? Reviews are either totally positive or SCAM/AWFUL!!!

I have the card and like it. I use it for all of my purchases besides recurring bills. I don't give a poo poo about min/maxing and I happen to like getting the rewards once a year. It's like a free tax return gift. I have $340 coming back to me in February for doing nothing.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Xaris posted:

There's a phone number you call on that link I posted.

Looks like it the basic setup where repairs are handled by 3rd party and paid by Costco. If it's not economical to repair they give you a refund.

Here's a post from AVForums

quote:

We bought a Sammy 46UEDx000 from Costco in 2012 and has served us well until recently, when I noticed some vertical lines on the edge and then some more a couple of inches in from the edge. Only really visible on certain colours but on all input sources and the test screen.

Called the concierge service and within a few days had a local repair company out looking at the TV. They diagnosed a faulty panel, called their office and got a price of £500 + for parts with an order time of a month plus. As it was over the limit for them to authorise repair, it went back to Costco for approval.

A couple of days after that we were informed that the TV was beyond economical repair and to take it to Costco for refund/exchange.

Once at costco, handed over the paper work and as the TV was obviously not going to be stocked any more, gave me a full refund of £1499!

So, after over four years of use, walked into Costco with a 46' HD TV and walked out with (well, struggled out would be more appropriate wording) a 65" LG UHD 4K TV for £1580, us obviously providing the £80 difference.

I know that Currys now offer 5 years of warranty on most TV's but I will guess that any replacement will be of an equivalent of the faulty one, rather than a straight refund.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 10, 2020

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

My only gripe with the card is that the local tolling company doesn’t identify themselves as the right kind of company for the travel cash back category.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Anyone have the Citi Costco credit card? Reviews are either totally positive or SCAM/AWFUL!!!

Most of the big online credit card shills hate it because they don't get referral money for people clicking on links for it.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Wait, the 4% on gas is not just from costco stations only??

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Slider posted:

Wait, the 4% on gas is not just from costco stations only??

Correct

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I have an executive membership for work and use the Costco CC for most work related things, but that account is also linked to my personal Costco CC so I get my personal cashback in February and also my executive cashback check thingy when the renewal hits in October. I have no idea why they let us have multiple credit cards linked to the same Costco membership, but it's awesome.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hoshi posted:

Correct

This is what sealed it for me. :D

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

The Hatch chiles can be frozen. Freeze them in ice cube trays or in small containers so they can be portioned easily after they're frozen.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

medchem posted:

The Hatch chiles can be frozen. Freeze them in ice cube trays or in small containers so they can be portioned easily after they're frozen.

This, it’s the only way we don’t end up dumping half of any salsa we buy from Costco.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

EPICAC posted:

This, it’s the only way we don’t end up dumping half of any salsa we buy from Costco.

We (house of two) tore through a large jar of Mateo's salsa from Costco. That poo poo is good.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Current mood:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

binge crotching posted:

Most of the big online credit card shills hate it because they don't get referral money for people clicking on links for it.

One of the bad reviews was from some guy who didn't pay his bill and said he was "too busy" to check his account online and was upset they declined his card instead of just charging a late fee

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Who the gently caress gets bills in the mail in 2020?

The only one that physically comes to my door is the receipt, which i pay via direct deposit, for my sewer. No idea why they don't just email it to me.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

FCKGW posted:

One of the bad reviews was from some guy who didn't pay his bill and said he was "too busy" to check his account online and was upset they declined his card instead of just charging a late fee

I'm a business traveler who can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes setting up an online account and autopay

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I've been going pretty hard on that Bitchin Sauce, my churchgoing peeps. How unhealthy are we talking here? I mean, it's almonds, how bad can it be.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
We love our Costco credit card. They reward us pretty handily for shopping there...

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Pita chips... I could eat this whole loving bag at once.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I've been going pretty hard on that Bitchin Sauce, my churchgoing peeps. How unhealthy are we talking here? I mean, it's almonds, how bad can it be.

Its those calories... Just take a look at how many are in a serving/how big a serving is

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Hey fellas. I'm gonna let my costco membership expire.

I hereby relinquish all posting permissions in this thread.

PS gonna stop for one more dog.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

SirPablo posted:

Pita chips... I could eat this whole loving bag at once.

I’m still salty that costcos here don’t carry Stacy’s pita chips anymore and it has been years <:mad:>

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

moolchaba posted:

Hey fellas. I'm gonna let my costco membership expire.

I hereby relinquish all posting permissions in this thread.

PS gonna stop for one more dog.

What the hell

cyka blyat
Sep 12, 2018

1999. What appeared to be a harmless meteorite crashing in the Nevada desert has turned out to be Darc Seed, an evil alien creature with horrible powers. By shooting strange magnetic rays, Darc Seed had turned the helpless nation into zombies and had brought the Statue of Liberty to life to do his dirty work. These rays had also given him control over many deadly weapons, but none were more powerful than the legendary samurai sword, Shura. When the great head of the samurai, Namakubi, heard that the sword had fallen into evil hands, he set off immediately for the United States. For only he possessed the strength and knowledge needed to recapture the magical sword and free the U.S. from the evil clutches of Darc Seed.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What the hell

Wtf. CostCo is amazing. Even if you dont shop their every week, the savings add up. Cheap gas, toilet paper, paper towels, pet food, toothpaste, meat, etc. You are making a huge mistake!

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
You can't cut back on Costco. You will regret this!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

If he posts that he's dropping it for a Sam's club membership I will lose my poo

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Paul MaudDib posted:

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Xaris posted:

Soundbars are normal Costco return policy and not the 90-day one. You should be able to get it replaced/refunded fairly easy (and it sucks to hear those things are still having these issues).

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
CEC sucks balls for that and getting your ARC setup working is basically voodoo.

Newer sound bars, tvs and receivers are implementing eARC so who knows if it'll get better or not.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Gonna do a big getting back into Keto run Sunday and maybe go for a trifecta at the food court for my last meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Paul MaudDib posted: