Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Faustian Bargain posted:

I finally have a perfect picture for a thread detail.

And so we come full circle. It started with horses, it ends with horses.

Edit: God dammit :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It's the first part of Bernie's plan to force all Americans to have gay abortions

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

BrotherJayne posted:

... is that political?

I mean, it's funny as hell, but also old, and...

Wait, are language debates == politics?

All I got out of that is that Lisp must be super duper Jewish.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Connect This, Woo-Woos

First reading this, I thought that was supposed to be Marianne Williamson, who just dropped out of the race, and that sounds like something she'd say, but I guess not? I guess the only time Rall can do a half-decent caricature is when he doesn't try.

That carrier looks lost.

There's a Dustin in all of us.

When I first heard about Tesla expanding in China, I immediately thought of Henry, and imagined him recreating Elon's spaz dance on top of the Great Wall. I was half right!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

The insecurity that conservatives have toward higher education is just so blatant sometimes.

Like, how do so many of them confidently make remarks about how dead and stupid higher education is when they themselves are irredeemable morons?

Fascinating.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hmm. A distinct lack of Iran related comics for some reason. Let's all just talk about how dumb Pelosi is and maybe make some digs at those silly leftists and all their genders.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Edit: Didn't see the new page because I'm loving blind, apparently

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
As a blind person, have you considered a career in political cartooning? Several pullitzers are waiting for you !

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

pulitzer please

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Trump's response to the Iran missile strikes – Donald Trump backed away from further military confrontation with Iran after days of escalating tensions, saying Tehran appeared to be standing down following missile attacks"

Telegraph:

Thursday morning news briefing: Royals 'hurt' as Harry and Meghan quit the Firm

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

After Disney.

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

How is it that all the conservative cartoonists seem to have the absolute worst takes on every single topic? You’d think even a gimme like “son of the Queen wants to spend less time dealing with lovely journos” which doesn’t need any commentary beyond “cool” would be something they could manage, but no

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Branco's done, like, at least two dozen "draw something bad and gross and label it 'impeachment', done, send to printer" cartoons by this point, right? His output has really started to blur together for me.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Is this a gaslighter cartoon? I feel like this is a gaslighter cartoon, but I don't want to Gaybie tag it in case I'm wrong.

Pee pee. Doo doo. She is a bad Speaker of the House.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

these meghan markle caricatures sure are something

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

why...why are there people hiding in the flags :ohdear:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Man, this thing goes places...
https://twitter.com/RealisticPers10/status/1215509946328133632?s=20

E:

:prepop:

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 11, 2020

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Can't get over the right constantly painting themselves as the bad guys.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I just...

People actually see him like this. People make comparisons between a mush-brained, self-serving, obese psychopath and a hyper-competent, physically and mentally perfect superbeing whose golden age was later destroyed from within and co-opted by fearful bigots to perpetuate an empire built on suffering and conquest to avoid extinction.

People are literally broke-brained enough to believe this.

EDIT: I don't know much about WH40K aside the fact that every faction is terrible, and that the Empire has severely declined in the 10k years since the GE got backstabbed.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 11, 2020

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"these are terrorists who don't respect life, hate anything good, and are willing to kill anything or anyone in their way.

And we need to act just like they do because we're the good guys."

the only thing trump has ever protected anyone from is from spankings and that's only because his hand got there first.

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 11, 2020

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

i'll be honest, i only skim this thread for ben garrison comics now because everything else is too normal

send help

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

This one is pretty good (digging the black & white groucho) but it just highlights how those zingers from the cartoonist are such a waste of space. I mean, there's a reason Kelly uses em.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

J.A.B.C. posted:

I just...

People actually see him like this. People make comparisons between a mush-brained, self-serving, obese psychopath and a hyper-competent, physically and mentally perfect superbeing whose golden age was later destroyed from within and co-opted by fearful bigots to perpetuate an empire built on suffering and conquest to avoid extinction.

People are literally broke-brained enough to believe this.

EDIT: I don't know much about WH40K aside the fact that every faction is terrible, and that the Empire has severely declined in the 10k years since the GE got backstabbed.

The only real thing you got wrong is that Emps was a hyper-racist mega-hypocrite who thought nothing of destroying people who become inconvenient for his vision (cf. Thunder Warriors)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh huh, I didn't realize I this was the very first bad thing the US had ever done to Iran.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

the_steve posted:

Is this a gaslighter cartoon? I feel like this is a gaslighter cartoon, but I don't want to Gaybie tag it in case I'm wrong.

It's definitely an :umberto: cartoon. Bad mean Iran keeps brutalizing poor widdle USA!

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Kit Walker posted:

How is it that all the conservative cartoonists seem to have the absolute worst takes on every single topic? You’d think even a gimme like “son of the Queen wants to spend less time dealing with lovely journos” which doesn’t need any commentary beyond “cool” would be something they could manage, but no

*grandson. And he's what, 5th in line now because his brother keeps popping out kids?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

i'll be honest, i only skim this thread for ben garrison comics now because everything else is too normal

send help
No saving you now. Soon you’ll be searching for even harder stuff, and it’s only a matter of time before you have DbD bookmark.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

J.A.B.C. posted:

One important thing to note is that the Imperium of Man is higly xenophobic and thinks the only good non human race is a dead non human race.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The Imperium of Man is also really great at persecuting wrongthink. There's a pretty common Thought of the Day that gets brought up in most Imperium-focused WH40k stuff: "Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."

Edit: Apparently one of the WH40k wikis decided to put all of the Thought of the Day entries into a single catalog. I haven't seen most of these before and it's a lot worse than I realized. It's like staring directly into a MAGA chud's stream of conscience.

Kith fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 11, 2020

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
The joke of the setting is that the Empire of Man is fascist to the core, or at least it was. I don't know about currently, but for awhile leadership at Games Workshops seemed to forget that the setting was satirical. You could be generous and say the cartoonist probably doesn't realize he is drawing Trump as a sci fi nazi, but he obviously does.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
I dunno, I think its accurate to say that trumps going to spend the rest of his days hooked up to life support on a big golden toilet.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

I dont know posted:

The joke of the setting is that the Empire of Man is fascist to the core, or at least it was. I don't know about currently, but for awhile leadership at Games Workshops seemed to forget that the setting was satirical. You could be generous and say the cartoonist probably doesn't realize he is drawing Trump as a sci fi nazi, but he obviously does.

I mean, the Emperor was actually a superbeing, he didn't just claim to be one. He was a genius scientist, politician and general, and he wanted humanity to be the very best it could be by discarding all the old superstitions and following his leadership. He actively didn't want people worshipping him like a god; one of the great ironies of the Imperium in 40k is that it's everything that Emperor didn't want it to be. He just...wasn't a very good father to his sons sometimes.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

You know it's a good Turtle caricature when you're not sure where his mouth is.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah the Emperor is basically trapped in a living hell with his rotting corpse being forced on life support that demands thousands of lives sacrificed to it every day, and his empire being turned into a fascist theocracy with crimes against the citizenry committed in his name.

And the empire is so stagnant that technology old enough to be considered ancient are considered precious relics because they simply don’t know how to make them. Imagine if the printing press was irreplaceable technology.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Yeah the Emperor is basically trapped in a living hell with his rotting corpse being forced on life support that demands thousands of lives sacrificed to it every day, and his empire being turned into a fascist theocracy with crimes against the citizenry committed in his name.

And the empire is so stagnant that technology old enough to be considered ancient are considered precious relics because they simply don’t know how to make them. Imagine if the printing press was irreplaceable technology.

Being the ruler of hell seems an apt analogy of the Trump years.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Grimdude posted:

I've been following this thread for like, 10 years now I think. The buddy who introduced me to it recently told me he had to stop reading it so often because it was having such a negative toll on his mental health just seeing the most dumb loving takes back to back.

I'm not saying I'll do the same, but like, I get it.

The secret is to visit once every few days, skim, laugh at whatever rose tinted world garrison has churned out and just don't read any of the comics too hard.

Also, ignore every prickly city comic.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Korthal posted:

The secret is to visit once every few days, skim, laugh at whatever rose tinted world garrison has churned out and just don't read any of the comics too hard.

Also, ignore every prickly city comic.

That should be easy, considering Prickly City ignores Prickly City.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

What are these from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

I dont know posted:

It's fragmented feudal, which shares a lot of characteristics with Nazism, but some pretty key differences too