Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah, I took a 5 month break from the forums. I sent you a PM where I said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

precision posted:

Cool, can we ban you next?

Edit: wait, didn't Deadpool already ban him from this thread years ago

(mod edit) tl;dr

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 11, 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
~~~

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone remember Fraggle Rock?

Good times.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We’re approaching Ryan Murphy levels of drama here folks,

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
~~~

precision fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 11, 2020

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Smoking weed is cool btw

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Medical Police is good stuff, but I somehow thought it would be a crossover with NTSF so I kind of set myself up for disappointment at the same time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When did the third season of Van Helsing come out

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Uh, before the fourth one?

Van Helsing rules btw.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Rumour has it, if you type it in to google, the answer will appear.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Uh, before the fourth one?

Van Helsing rules btw.

Oh I thought it was a Netflx show, I see it’s been renewed for a fifth/final season.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

esperterra posted:

Problem, more like #blessing

All your Nanny talk made me watch just a YouTube complication of Niles’s burns on CC, and I’m angry it’s not streaming in the US. It weirds me out that I have such vivid memories of watching it despite being a teenager not in its target demographic at all, and no clear memory of doing the actual sit down watching.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Medical Police was essentially a 3.5 hour Childrens Hospital movie and the world is a better place for it existing.

I can't believe they went with the deep cuts of Val being Derrick Childrens.

Having Newsreaders being the news show in the background was also brilliant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Oh I thought it was a Netflx show, I see it’s been renewed for a fifth/final season.

Christopher Heyerdall rules. They let him grow his hair back for season 4!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Stefan Urquelle was never hot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Christopher Heyerdall rules. They let him grow his hair back for season 4!

I've only seen s1 but I like that the show had the guts to try a “But Who Could Be the Killer in Our Midst” plot with Christopher Heyerdahl looming in the middle of the scene. I bet it's the six foot four shambling ghoul, what do you guys think

He was in Togo as the kindly mayor and I was ready for Willem Dafoe to walk on on him elbow deep in dog guts, dude always plays a creepy bad guy. Tom Noonan too

zoux fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 11, 2020

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

I've only seen s1 but I like that the show had the guts to try a “But Who Could Be the Killer in Our Midst” plot with Christopher Heyerdahl looming in the middle of the scene. I bet it's the six foot four shambling ghoul, what do you guys think

He was in Togo as the kindly mayor and I was ready for Willem Dafoe to walk on on him elbow deep in dog guts, dude always plays a creepy bad guy. Tom Noonan too

He was also the best bad guy character in Stargate Atlantis.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hot drat this thread is better than most tv I've seem lately. So was there anything at all good new on network TV this fall? I didn't really have a chance to see.

Rocksicles posted:

He was also the best bad guy character in Stargate Atlantis.

Todd?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

IRQ posted:

Hot drat this thread is better than most tv I've seem lately. So was there anything at all good new on network TV this fall? I didn't really have a chance to see.

Todd?

You bet your sweet rear end Todd.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He had the best creeper voice ever.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

He had the best creeper voice ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rieFlQs21uA

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

Evil, Emergence, and Stumptown are the best network dramas since like, Hannibal. All are worth giving a try.

As far as comedies, there’s some promising ones but nothing fantastic. Perfect Harmony is the most promising one still on the air. Sunnyside ended up being my favourite after a weak start - it had some real early Community vibes - but it already got cancelled.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Croatoan posted:

I still don't get the Witcher love. I tried to watch episode one and got super bored about halfway through. Does it get better? Was I just in a bad mood or something?

It gets better around episode 3-4, then dips again at the very end (unless you love seeing CGI fly around I guess). Since the issues of the first season were largely around pacing and editing I'm very hopeful about the second season. Wouldn't recommend sitting out on it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cael posted:

All your Nanny talk made me watch just a YouTube complication of Niles’s burns on CC, and I’m angry it’s not streaming in the US. It weirds me out that I have such vivid memories of watching it despite being a teenager not in its target demographic at all, and no clear memory of doing the actual sit down watching.

It's some goooood poo poo.

Also the theme is a straight bop.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Smoking weed is cool btw

Agreed.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Croatoan posted:

I still don't get the Witcher love. I tried to watch episode one and got super bored about halfway through. Does it get better? Was I just in a bad mood or something?

A big part of it for me was being a fan of both the books and the games...

... but I also think they did a 6/10 job translating it to TV thus far.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I think The Witcher love is also a reaction to how incredibly bad the final two seasons of GoT were and how audiences are looking for anything halfway decent to plug that hole.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Literally just finished The Witcher. My overall reaction is a big fat "ok."

The editing and pacing was not great at all. New characters and information are introduced very quickly; certain plot elements and scenes don't get enough room to breathe. Felt like the series needed at least 4 more episodes to flesh things out and slow things down, and maybe give Geralt a few more one-off adventures that didn't necessarily have to push the overarching plot forward.

Everything about the production itself felt amateurish. The prevalence of Dutch angles and aversion to simple shot-reverse-shots were really distracting. The editing, as I mentioned, is breakneck and stifling, but to be fair, the editors got kind of shafted; adapting this really dense story into 8 eps was a tall order. Set design, costumes, cgi and music were all fine, but nothing really stood out—pretty much bog-standard high fantasy fare in this regard.

The good news is, they have nowhere to go but up. Cavill kills it as Geralt imo. Cool monsters (but not enough). And the ending cliffhanger wasn't as obnoxious as I thought it would be.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

And they got a new costume lead, AND the choreographer that did the reboot on the Battle of Blaviken should be there for all of the next season.

Like...

... little hype.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think I'm sick.

I want to rewatch Game of Thrones.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

I'm doing it right now.

I'm skipping over anything rapey or Brany or Snow-y xD

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrotherJayne posted:

I'm doing it right now.

I'm skipping over anything rapey or Brany or Snow-y xD

It's frustrating. I hate watched the first 4 seasons so I missed a lot but the end was so loving bad.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I think The Witcher love is also a reaction to how incredibly bad the final two seasons of GoT were and how audiences are looking for anything halfway decent to plug that hole.

For me, I'm a huge fan of the books and they did good by them. Very good for the most part, really.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Has science Gwyneth Paltrow gone too far?
https://shop.goop.com/shop/products/this-smells-like-my-vagina-candle

Goop posted:

This Smells Like My Vagina.

Edit: Also, esperterra, is that a no on the Guy Mann ban? Because I'm willing to vote twice to help pad the numbers.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apparently we don’t report him enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

Apparently we don’t report him enough.

I'm reporting you for not reporting him enough.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TVIV does not get many reports, and when we do I don't see many for him. Not enough for me to know him as a problem poster. I don't want to ban someone from the subforum unless there's a good rear end reason too, and if there were I imagine he'd be getting reported more often.

Y'all can always ask muscles tho?

e: people can always put him on ignore if they don't like his posting

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
holy poo poo that avatar

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
esperterra doesn't see much in the way of mod action so perhaps we should send her on a tour of the front lines of D&D to make sure she stays seasoned :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

For as much silly drama as TVIV gets at times, it's usually contained to not liking someone else's opinion so either does not get reports, or gets some completely pointless ones that don't deserve action lmfao

y'all are a good subforum!